Can anyone tell me what type of dreams these are?

And if anyones experienced anything like it?

Ok , ive had some really strange dreams (i guess they are dreams) that seem really familiar to sleep paralysis, but not quite. Ill explain two of the most recent ones.

One time , I layed down on my couch and was gonna go to sleep there. After awhile my eyes began to get REALLY heavy, almost like they were being forced to close. I was trying to fight it off, then my body became almost fully paralyzed and I could barely move. I managed to somehow stand up and I was walking in extremely slow motion and got about 10 feet away from the couch. Then bam. All of a sudden im back on my couch and could move normally. I didnt walk there or anything, its like I just suddenly teleported there.

Well I though “Wow that was strange” and tried to go back to sleep. Not 5 minutes later my eyes get extremely heavy again, and Im paralyzed. This would go on to happen about 3 more times back to back that night , usually with me throwing my body off the couch and trying to get help. Each time I would make it a few steps off the couch then , bam im teleported back to the couch and fully in control. I dont think they are dreams , because they happen instantly after I get the forced close eyes feeling.

The other time was just last night. I went to lay down in my bed, and after about 20 minutes I began to have auditory hallucination s. I was hearing a guitar being played in my room and some voices. I looked up and was looking around trying to figure out what the hell was going on , then I began to get the really heavy forced eyes closing feeling. I became paralyzed again, but this time I couldnt move at all. After about 10 seconds of that I began to have what felt like a seizure, I was shaking really really fast and couldnt move. After that stopped, my entire vision was extremely trippy. It was like I was hallucinating off of LSD or shrooms or something. Objects in my room were morphing and the walls were rippling like waves. I got scared and ran to my moms room and told her that I needed to go to the hospital.

She asked why, and I told her what just happened. She just laughed it off , so I tried to show her what happened. I layed down on her bed and got the heavy eye feeling again. I began to have that seizure like thing again, then bam, im in my bed and can move just fine. When I appear back in the spots im at originally (ie my bed, the couch) its not like I just woke up from a dream. I dont open My eyes , i just suddenly am there, fully awake.
(My mom dosnt recall me ever waking her up , so it was some type of dream)

I also regularly get mild hallucinations at night while dozing off to sleep, if I open my eyes. Could it be HPPD?

Can anyone explain what these are? I was thinking maybe sleep paralysis , but the only time i had that was deep in sleep and woke up to it , not just it instantly happened.

The closets clssification is a FA.

Basically, what’s hapening is this:

You fall asleep, in you bed or whatever.
You then have a dream of still being there, trying to get to sleep.
You do whatever (walk around, waking your mum up etc).
You wake up for real.

You may want to look up the HILD method (use the search function at the top of the page and type in ‘HILD’), as it is pretty much the exact same thing (the only difference is that you take a RC and become lucid).

Hope that helps :cool:.

cool , thanks :content:

I think I shall use this topic.

What is a dream where you know you’re dreaming and even say to yourself you’re dreaming but can feel yourself sleeping on the bed at the same time?

Hello Tedious Toad, welcome to the forum!

What you describe is ‘just’ a lucid dream, being aware of your physical body happens a lot while in a LD (at least to me).

Your either very close to waking. Or maybe your simply expecting to feel the bed (maybe from a single past experince) and so you do feel it (though it’s all in your head - it’s not your real bed).

Sureal thats not what I meant, when you are lucid you can focus on your physical body and feel it, even hear sounds from outside, and you dont need to be close to waking up. I’ve had lucids where I had this for 10 minutes or more. Of course this isnt always so, it might be at times be just in your head (and in deeper sleep you wont probably experience physical senses anyway), but that doesn’t mean it isn’t possible (just try it).

Thanks for the welcome. :slight_smile:

Yeah, is it possible to be too lazy to take control?

It could also be a really high level LD or you are very close to awakening.

Also it is posssible to be close to awakening for 5 -10 minutes

It seems like you are describing the type of dream I asked about in the topic about the evil sleeping in a dream. I have had this type of thing happen maybe 4 times since I have been LDing. But it always scares the heck out of me. It is so real that If it is a dream, I usually cant tell the difference except for the time I levitated. I new then because I woke up (in the dream) on a bed in my greatgrandmothers house which has been demolished for several years. But, something is definitly strange about these dreams. Wouldnt you agree? Do you ever get the evil presence feeling that I did??