Cheese?

Now lately I’ve been on a huuugggeeee dry spell, with minor low LD’s if I’m lucky, however this is mostly due to my sleep pattern not being regularlised for a while… sigh…Once this sorts itself out I can get back into LD’ing fully, but in the mean time I had some weird experience with cheese…

Just before going to sleep I ate like some scrambled eggs with loads of cheese, and some beef. This seemed to trigger my whollllle night of nightmares :eek: …but unlike my dreams recently this set of dreams felt really vivid, this continued until I became lucid :smile: … only for 5 minutes, however it was a clear high lucid moment, also unlike my past series of minor LD’s in my dry spells…

So I was wondering whether the cheese or meat, could of triggered my lucidity?

I would have thought so, for generations cheese has been known to give people nightmares, and make their emotions more amplified. I was going to do some research and try the same amount of cheese but in different varities to see what affects it would give me each night, and to see which is the strongest when it came to dreaming, but nothing came of this. I wonder if you would like to try it :cool:

I could talk about tryptophan, but I decided not to :smile:

Humz… Nightmares… Never knew about that one. But it’s a cool way of getting lucid, eating loads of cheese, get a nightmare, and finally get lucid :happy:

lol I assumed that cheese giving nightmares was a myth… damn cheese showed me! …maybe I’m just a little sensitive to its effects? …I guess I’ll try out different amounts Dreamboy hmm… but I didn’t like the vivid nightmares, that was not fun at all, though parts were, felt I was fighting for real, I mean fully realistic moves and attacks (probably generated from past knowledge I guess, but still!)…I think everyone should try this if they have time…hmmm why don’t you make a experiments post in the dream labs forum Dreamboy?

ooo tryptophan? Im intriuged Fadem… do tell :smile:

mmm I could do, It sounds a pretty cool experiment, if ya hard enough to challenge the world of Nightmares. I dont think I would last the first night to be honest, but I suppose I would set one up in the lab if someone was brave enought to do it
with me… (hint, hint, nudge, nudge, wink, wink )

lol … hmm… I don’t think I would be able to cope with consecutive nightmares every night, I mean today I was so shattered, due to me repeatedly waking up from all the nightmares in a hot sweat, but I will probably try this in my holidays coming up after my first semester finishes…

feel free to start early Dreamboy :smile: … I’m sure people will join our cause! …oooo could tie it in with halloween…nightmare special! lol no seriously, I think this would be an intresting experiment to carry out :smile:

https://community.ld4all.com/t/cheese-and-dreams/21847

Start an experiment! :smile: We just need a brave someone with some spare time to organise it and someone who is willing to write the proposal.

O thanks for the link Inch:content:

Ive just read what Ive got to do to start, it sounds too much but I suppose you got be precise to get good results. I might give it a miss its seems to much work, I dont think I got that amount of time with work. I would love to see someone start it though I would more than get involved. :smile:

Cheeses is yummy, I have all sorts of it. I might try the cheesesthing some time and post the results. But I’m not that brave to be having lots of nightmares.

Who knows… you might not get nightmares… :content:

Hehe seems this cheese kicked my dry spell into oblivion :happy: …ahhhh its good to have my LD’s back :content: …now all i have to do is update my dream diary :unsure:

Thats good that your dry spell is gone, I might consider trying cheese sometime, just to see what it would do. If I do sometime I’ll post later on the results. :smile:

looking foward to seeing your results Ithuriel :content:

I’ll try it tonight, I’ll eat lots of wierd cheese before bed :smile: . Post results tommorrow. :smile:

Well I expeirimented with cheese for a few nights on and off. I found it didn’t do to much, maybe thats because I’m still working on remembering details.

Last night I ate a bowl of elbow macaroni noodles with olive oil and great heaps of shredded parmesan cheese. I ended up sleeping for eleven hours, even though I wasn’t sleep-deprived. My dreams weren’t nightmares, but were very intense, and included several prolonged lucid dreams. When I tried to wake up, it took me several tries–I had several false awakenings where I eventually figured out I was still dreaming, and again willed myself to wake up. It was a huge effort to actually make myself wake up, but once I had I wasn’t at all sleepy, and found that I had slept 11 hours.

Hmmm intresting … wow sounds like it worked for you too rita :content: … several long LD’s wow … I may have to resort to cheese eating before sleep again lol

When you say cheese, do you mean anything with cheese in or on it? If that’s the case then Cheetos and cheesy popcorn can work? I’ve never tried the cheese theory, but it seems interesting enough…and I think I saw somewhere on this site that pocorn works, too–so cheesy popcorn would be great!

But seriously, do you guys just eat it alone or what? If I were to do that I’d have string-cheese or melted nacho-cheese–otherwise I’d need it with something else. :tongue:

lol hmmm … I suppose you could experiment and report back :yes:

(cheese on toast is always a good option :happy: )

Aren’t things like cheetos and chips mostly artificially flavoured? I know there are a lot of different brands, but for the ones that are, I don’t think they would have the same effect as real cheese.