Feeling very tired or sluggish in and out of dreams

I noticed this was a recurring issue I had around a year ago when I was trying to get lucid, and while I did achieve lucidity a few times, my usual would be like:

1. Realize I’m dreaming
  2. Try to do something
  3. Said thing is incredibly difficult to do and I feel sluggish so I give up
  4. Fall back into the dream and lose lucidity

Sometimes, I wouldn’t even make it to step 2 and I would just be downright too tired to think after realizing it was a dream. This was annoying because when I got to the point of good dream recall, I could remember recognizing I was dreaming in a bunch of my dreams, then just “relinquishing” control

Well a couple days ago, I started trying to achieve lucidity or really any other variation of it, and I’ve found that I’m still experiencing some of the same stuff, even with some techniques practiced outside of sleep. Generally what happens is my brain feels like it’s getting slowed by something, like it’s a gear turning that is slowly becoming sticky or something like that, and the end result is that I just fall asleep.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any recommendations on how to get around this?

I think I know what you are talking about. I had these sluggish feeling LDs also frequently during patches of my life. I can’t say what the source is, though. In the end it’s most probably a lack of proper lucidity. I think awareness is just not at 100%, otherwise you could fix this from inside the dream. I’ve actually successfully done that before, too, but it takes energy and control at a level not available at that point in the dream.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve thought about it a bit more and the same sensation arises in day to day life. It’s almost like I’m spacing out and have to snap back to reality, although I’m already in the ultimate space-out and the reality to snap back to is actually a dream :joy:

Gonna try my best to keep up with it and hopefully I can get enough willpower to overcome this