Lucid Dream Foods?

I’m working very hard to perfect my LD’s because they aren’t perfect yet and I was just wondering if there were any foods that can help with lucid dreams, induce them, make them clearer, whatever! Does anyone know of any foods?

Well many people have been saying that milk helps with recall and vividness, as well as other dairy related foods. Personally I’ve tried milk and agree that it does help with vividness. :content: I’m not sure about other foods though sorry :tongue:

I’m going to agree with milk, the night i last tried a WILD, i may have failed, but i had so much milk that day i had a long vivid amazing dream where i almost became lucid but it was a false LD lol, eversince I haven’t been drinking as much milk, and my recall is terrible, i can only remember pieces of dreams D; milk must be the solution! D:
either that, or it’s all in my head ^^

Then milk it is! Hahaha! :happy:

I’m curious to also know if there are any other suggestions besides milk? ^^ I thought I saw a topic on this with people posting a bunch of things.

I’ve heard fish is good as well as fresh fruits. Stay away from thinhs that are very sugary or are really heavy.

Fruits and apple juice! ;D

horseradish and anchovies!
:peek: dont actually eat that tho is b yuck

Chocolate works well - tested on myself - it increases vividness of dreams, so it’s easier to become lucid, it’s main chemical ingredient is precursor to serotonin. Milk also contains a precursor of serotnin, and indeed it’s effective. Unfortunately, I’m allergic.

I have read and researched alot on herbs and spices to consume before bed that will not only help you sleep well but, enhance your sleep activity and aid in having a LD. I found some herbs on this one site but am ready to buy these herbs unless i know it will boost my chances for having a LD. What do you consume or do before you hit the sack? As for me i drink a cup of the Finest Pure Ceylon Tea! It helps me unwind from my long days!

Merged from similar topic in General Lucidness. :dragon:

Apple juice is said to be the best, I’ve also heard good tjkngs about cranberry juice

I see that a lot of people think milk and other dairy products are good at inducing lucid dreams. However, milk is almost the only thing I drink. And my dreams don’t seem to be very vivid to me. I mean, I get the occasional vivid dream, but with the amount of milk I drink, the two can’t possibly be related.

I have heard many things, including:
-milk/dairy products
-apples/apple juice (with no added sugar)
-bananas
-cucumbers
etc…
oh- and also, I have heard vitamin B6(?)

i think there may be a factor you can contribute to the placebo effect here. it could be possible that whatever you believe will help your LD’s actually will. i have seen many people mention the importance of confidence in dreaming.

i think i remember seeing nuts as good for dreaming somewhere. i also saw that coffee was bad.

Try these:
Milk, cheese, oranges, apples, apple juice, bananas, Earl Grey (caffeineted), coffee, chocolate, fish (tuna is the best).
So, any foods that contain vitamin B6 or any drinks or foods that contain caffeine or theine (but don’t drink too much of it - you won’t sleep at all). Also, Earl Grey contains some compounds that relax you, so its ultra awesome for LD’s.

I DON’T KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE but I think sour fruits don’t really work…
I tried grapefruit juice and my recall epicly failed lol. Maybe it was only me ^^. I am gonna try cheese tonight ! :razz:

whatabout… ooooorangess?

For lucid or vivid dreams, I would strongly suggest roasted turkey (home cooked) - whole home cooked turkey works the best rather than sliced lunch meat, eggs (scrambled or boiled), pot roast, raw garlic - a clove or two or in a day (easier to eat with tomatoes, bread, or potatoes), peanuts or peanut butter (if you are not allergic), kidney beans, pinto beans, some lightly pasteurized milk, tuna, some raw parsley, a wedge of raw green cabbage, Red lentil stew , raw unroasted sunflower seeds, beef, steak, boiled chicken, pickles. Largely I am finding out that my vivid dreams are from protein and/or B vitamins, which makes meat and beans prime targets for dream exploration. However, dreaming foods are not always meat and beans, but occasionally vegetable and greens related, such as cabbage, parsley, garlic.

If these foods fail to make me dream (consumed one dreaming food per day, even, or several dreaming foods in a day), either my sleep schedule is screwed up, or I am constipated, or I have eaten too many potatoes. Also, because the foods have different properties, it is possible to nutritionally need a different food. If I start dreaming vividly after having peanut butter, chances are it will work for me every night for awhile, but my nutritional needs can change and I can need something else. The same goes for garlic, kidney beans, turkey, and the others. There is a certain predictability from day to day what will make me have vivid dreams.

tea, coffee, chocolate, melatonin-rich stuff, dream herbs, placebo ^.^ …

and don’t play computer games all day (destroys melatonin and you have less dreams)

I hard that Chocolate’s are good other than what you guys think about dream supplements…