the BIG PreCog dreams Topic - part II

I don’t think it can. It might just be your subconscious tricking you. Now if it continues to do this and your dreams actually predict the future then maybe.

The thing about pre-cog is that if it is something around you then it is very easy for you to pick up on subtle hints that your conscious mind doesn’t notice.

For example someone who usually wears one colour showing up in red at Christmas could simply be a coincidence. It is Christmas, red is a Christmas colour. There’s also the possibility that you overheard him saying he was going to wear it but didn’t consciously pay attention to it and low and behold it influenced a dream.

I won’t say it’s not possible, because it is. But you have to be aware that you can pick things up through out your daily life, just imagine how much information your brain picks up in class, you maybe focusing on work/friends talking, but the rest of the class is talking to each other too and while you aren’t listening your brain is still hearing and registering all this information.

It really could be as much coincidence as it is precog, I once had a dream that someone in IRC told me actually happened in a private conversation. While they never specified what was said (or even what dream it was about) it’s possible I picked up something from IRC chats and it incorporated into my dream, or it could have been precog.

It can be hard to distinguish what is and isn’t pre-cog some times, but it all comes down to what you truly believe it was.

I don’t think that he owns a red shirt…he didn’t come to school at all anyways…but I had another dream :smile:

One of my friends, who left their shirt at my house, was wearing it.

(I don’t remember if he was wearing it, or if I was)

He may or may not wear the shirt, or maybe me. But its possible that it could come true.

(From now on, I’m only going to post, if one comes true)

Dreams that came true: 1
Dreams that may come true: 3
Dreams that didn’t come true: 1

I can never remember a precog dream until it happens, sadly… And it happens something like months before.

I remember one a few years ago, when I was in my primary school, year 5 I think, and I was in the exact same team for PE as I had dreamed, and we did the exact exercises in the exact order I had dreamed.

I also remember dreaming of a stretch of road, and lo and behold, a few months later, I travelled down this road on my was to Cornwall.

I once dreamt of my scout group cooking something. Yet again, the same kids doing the same things. (We were cooking Spaghetti Bolognese)

I think there’s more, but I find it hard to remember them all. However, I do recall that when I was in Cornwall, my precognitive skills were much sharper than usual. None of it was in dreams, but in waking life. Sometimes I ended up saying something, then someone else said the exact same thing via walkie-talkie (there was no way he could have heard me, we were in seperate cars and our walkie-talkie wasn’t sending a message).

Another time, I had the feeling something bad was going to happen when I lit the gas stove. When I lit it, the flames jumped out at me and engulfed my hand. Luckily I wasn’t burned.

But still, it simply cannot be coincidence, I think.

i used to keep a book that i’d write in regularly. eventually it came to be just my dreams that i wrote about.
a few years back in my second year of college i was living out of town, by myself and going to a small private art school.
when i moved in i met some younger guys who went to high school there and they had a really super nice high school, it had a pool, a gym (with exercise machines) and it was huge… the day i was there and saw the pool it felt really familiar.
that night i had the same dream 2 or 3 times, a dream that i remember having before, maybe months ago. this was before i started school…
when i started school i forgot about the whole thing till about a month in, i realized that one of my classmates was in the dream, i brought him the book and showed him the entry with the dream. i wrote his name, where we were and what it looked like, he was floored, and so was i!
while i was living there i had the elder native woman tell me something about how the land is angry here, and she saw it in me clear as day.
i had about 10 or so of these types of dreams to the point where my friends where dying to know what i dreamed about daily so that they could watch it unfold, exactly the way i said it would.
unfortunately i saw things going horribly, and thus they did and i ended up dropping out and moving back home with my parents because i couldnt stay there one second longer. i left my apartment with all my things in it till the day the lease was up.i just could’nt stand to be there.
ive never had another dream like it since, and im glad.
crazy native lady freaked me out but im more freaked out that she was kinda right.

I don’t suppose precog is very reliable for making important decisions, but it’s been interesting/slightly annoying for me. (especially when I’m suppose to focus on picking a college :tongue: )

This past weekend (Thurs-Mon), I was touring colleges in eastern Virginia and not once but TWICE I encountered the most “impacting” dream deja vu I’ve ever had.
Once was when I was driving with my mom past the small towns’ library, and it looked exactly like a building in a previous dream when I was again in the car with my mom and technically skipping school (this was on Thursday).

The second time was on Monday, at UVa, when we drove by their little chapel/church. I had had a previous dream about that very church. Even some of the trees were the same. However, in the dream, I was sitting outside the chapel with a bunch of friends I don’t know IRL… yet.

Of course, there’s always the possibility that these are just inherited past memories (if you believe such a thing, I am so far undecided, but it’s plausible since my family has been living in the region for about 385 years.) Also, I myself have been to Virginia only twice, and never around the colleges.

Has anyone tried conjuring/using a time machine in a lucid dream? I’ve always aspired to do this (especially to go forwards!) but I have yet to access one while lucid!

sometimes when i dream and sometimes its lucidly i can almost predict the future i had a dream my cat died and a week later it happened and its not just people dying and i get deju vu a lot like almost all the time and my boyfriend i have now i first met in a dream and i had a dream we would go out and do a lot of things and it almost ecactly happend :content: its kinda kool

Merged with the precog topic. While Deja Vu is mentioned once, nothing else in the post is actually Deja Vu related. The poster does how ever mention precognitive experiences.

Yes, i’ve had that a few times with locations, people and occasionally actions. I think it’s really strange, but kind of cool. For example to amaze my friends, i had a LD about someone in a photo and i woke up and described to a friend exactly what the person i dreamed about was doing (i know both of them in real life). The person i described it to proberably thought it was descriptive and crud, but won’t happen. Then a few days later, a photo was taken of the person i described in exactly the way i described it. Showed it to my friend and got an interesting reaction :content:

Well, I don’t think I’ve had a dream like this, but once I kinda had a HI (it was just like a very quick flash). I saw a friend’s pool house on fire! Guess what he said the next day? “Dude, my pool house cought on fire” I was like :eek:

Can you elaborate on your dejavu a bit more? A friend of mine claims he can see visions of the future through his dejavu, which he gets quite often (much more often than an average person).

I get Deja Vu every once in a while, people need to realize DR sometimes can be like sixth sense sort of like an mind instinct, its crazy how it works,

We talked about Deja Vu(sp?) in psych. class and it has nothing to do with predicting the future. Its because the brain has already logged the information that it’s going to perceive and therefor it is what you hear/see.

That’s basically what the prof. said.

That’s one theory out of many.

As much as that’s plausible, and actually likely, I personally don’t think that’s the whole story.

I was reading the Precog article in wikipedia the other day and stumbled upon a peculiar dude named JW Dunne and his book An Experiment with Time.
He sounds rather intelligent person and his willingness to tackle the issue of time and space is very courageous and interesting (will probably be of any use to science fiction buffs).

I’ve only experienced this once, and I was still really young. I had a dream that I was playing with my babysitter’s daughter on the playground, and she fell and broke her arm. The next week she fell and broke her wrist at the same playground in my dream. I think it was just a coincidence, but I still love reading all these precog dream stories. It’s all very interesting.

Last Friday I had a dream, that I was at work clocking out, and it took was taking along time to get clocked out. I went to the parking lot to leave, and I was drivig a red pickup truck. Im not going to get into all the details, because it was a long dream, but the pick up truck was not starting.
(In real life) I dont have a car, so I get a ride with a coworker, but today he was sick, and went home early, so I was looking for a ride home, and Phillip, a coworker said he would give me a ride, and he drives a red pickup. Now I dont know anyone who owns a red pick up, so this dream came from nowhere. Its really weird Ive never dream about red trucks until that night, and two days latter the dream came true.

Im beggining to think Melatonin has alot to do with predicting dreams, because Melatonin helps the Penal gland which is connected to phycic abilitys. Ive been taking alot of it latley.
It seems like we never predict anything importent, whats the reason for predicting riding home in a red pick up? Is it something trying to get our attention, if so how do you decode the dream. What would a red pick up be a symbole of?

I think you can predict the future, but I dont know if anyone could do that. Maybe you need to have a special power to do that.
But I definitily believe its true, cause when you read the bible dreams always predicts the future! Remember Jozef and the Farao or Daniel and Nebukadnezar. This dreams came from God who wants to tell us something. When we denied that dream it will come back, till we understand it. Jozef( the husband of Maria) also had a dream in wich God tells him to escape from Bethlehem to save his son Jesus. So in the bible God gave dreams to unbelieving and believing people to rescue them or tell them something.

If I read some things about predicting someones dead, I found it a little bit scary.