why does wild work?

if you only dream during rem sleep then how can you go straight to dreaming with wild??? seems like those 2 things contradict each other.

It’s still REM, just not as long. After your six hours or so have passed, your periods get longer and heavier.

That’s why it’s good to wake yourself up and do it.

im talking about doing it before sleeping not waking after sleeping

I just answered your question :content:

When you first start to fall asleep, you still have REM, it’s just in shorter, faster periods.

Notice how you could be dreaming right when you fall asleep, but it’s all racy and hazy and then you could just WAKE UP? You’re not in deep enough REM.

But you still can achieve WILD when you first go to sleep at night, it’s just harder because of this.

So THATS why I fail when I WILD??? Then Ill use WBTB at night, cause I am in SP and that, but the period is short :confused:
:woo: wow, even experienced dreamers find answers in here.

Dont treat every scientific “fact” as if it can’t be broken…

All of these areas have not yet been researched into and most is still unknown.

Basically, I think it’s just a matter of projecting your consciousness out of your physical body.

Say, you’re daydreaming, so a small part of your consciousness is elsewhere, as solid as your image gets, your consciousness is more and more there, and when your body is relaxed enough, you can make your consciousness be mostly outside of it, causing you to transfer into other realms.

I’ve read a lot of WILDers report a frightening transition process through the pre-REM sleep stages. Personally, I haven’t experienced that unless it was an OBE, so maybe (just my experience, not speaking for anyone else…) using the WILD method, it can result in a DILD that just happened to take effect really really early in the dream? Or, I guess, some just forget the sleep stages 1-4 as soon as they happen and are over.