This is an international community. To keep the open atmosphere and the “4 all” spirit, we ask you to post in the forum’s language, which is English. If you do post something in another language, please always provide a translation
We share one Quest - our Quest for lucidity. Our ground rule: respect your fellow travelers on the road of lucidity
In order to keep the high standard of this forum, we have put these guidelines in place. We ask you to read and respect them.
Help us make this a great place for discussion by always working to improve the discussion in some way, however small. If you are not sure your post adds to the conversation, think over what you want to say and try again later.
The topics discussed here matter to us, and we want you to act as if they matter to you, too. Be respectful of the topics and the people discussing them, even if you disagree with some of what is being said.
One way to improve the discussion is by discovering ones that are already happening. Spend time browsing the topics here before replying or starting your own, and you’ll have a better chance of meeting others who share your interests.
Opinions can clash and because typed text is such a bare way of communicating, misunderstandings can arise easily.
Added to this is the fact that a lot of members do not have English as their first language so may use terms you find offensive but are not in their mother tongue.
You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But remember to criticize ideas, not people. Please avoid:
- Ad hominem attacks
- Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content
- Knee-jerk contradiction
Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.
Respect each other’s religion and spiritual views on life.
Do not flame a religion or bash believers.
Do not post with the intention of converting people to your system of beliefs.
Although everybody has read these guidelines, not everybody remembers them the moment they want to ask a question or post a topic. Of course this will never happen to you, and there are things you can do to point out the error in the ways of the ones who temporarily have forgotten the forum guidelines.
When you see bad behavior, don’t reply. It encourages the bad behavior by acknowledging it, consumes your energy, and wastes everyone’s time. Just flag it. If enough flags accrue, action will be taken, either automatically or by moderator intervention.
In order to maintain our community, moderators reserve the right to remove any content and any user account for any reason at any time. Moderators do not preview new posts; the moderators and site operators take no responsibility for any content posted by the community.
Nothing sabotages a healthy conversation like rudeness:
- Be civil. Don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, or hate speech.
- Keep it clean. Don’t post anything extremely violent, tasteless, obscene or sexually explicit.
- Respect each other. Don’t harass or grief anyone, impersonate people, or expose their private information.
Respect our forum. Don’t post spam or otherwise vandalize the forum.
- Keep the language, links, and images safe for family and friends.
These are not concrete terms with precise definitions — avoid even the appearance of any of these things. If you’re unsure, ask yourself how you would feel if your post was featured on the front page of the New York Times.
If you at any time feel harassed by another member (either by PM, in the forum or the chatroom) please do not hesitate to contact a staff member.
Don’t post private messages in the forum where everybody can read it. This is very disrespectful towards the person who sent you it. If he/she wanted to have it public he/she wouldn’t have made it a PM.
This goes for quoting chatlogs on the forum as well. Unless you have permission from the person(s) you cannot post a chatlog on the forum. (Note, this doesn’t go for wolfgame, if you are playing in wolfgame, everything you say can be used against you )
- Please choose an appropriate username. (That means no curse words, offensive terms or drug references.) Please refrain from using ALL CAPS in your username.
- Please do not use an URL as your username or in your avatar.
- It is not allowed to impersonate another member by taking on the same profile and avatar.
- It is not allowed to have multiple user accounts. If you want another username, just change it in your profile. If you can’t remember your previous name please notify @pasQuale and she can help you find it or deactivate your old account.
Make the effort to put things in the right place, so that we can spend more time discussing and less cleaning up. So:
- Don’t start a topic in the wrong category.
- Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics.
- Don’t post no-content replies.
Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream.Don’t sign your posts — every post has your profile information attached to it.
Do not bump your own topics to get attention.
Do not quote the whole previous post and then add a 1 sentence reply of your own. Only quote the relevant parts of the post you are replying to.
- Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button.
Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use Reply as a Linked Topic.
Use a clear title
Please, make a clear and easy-to-understand topic title which tells what the topic actually is about. Avoid titles like “I need help!” or “I’m new here” or “read this!”. When you use a clear title you have a better chance of getting the answer you are looking for. If your title isn’t clear, a mod can decide to change it.
Don’t overdo it
It is very annoying TO READ A TEXT ALL IN CAPS or with a lot of EXCLAMATION MARKS!!! or too much…, or too little punctuation.
Also, try to keep it down on the smilies a little.
It is annoying to see one long line of different smilies at the end of a post, or more smilies than words. Try to hold down a little on the l33t - we already know LD4all PWNZORZ
With chatspeak we mean posts that consists of useless content like only one smiley, a “me too” comment, or "i agree”. We have the now for that!
With chatspeak we also mean one-line conversations in a forum topic with another member. Please use the chatroom or send them a private message if you’d like to chat with someone.
You may not post anything digital that belongs to someone else without permission. You may not post descriptions of, links to, or methods for stealing someone’s intellectual property (software, video, audio, images), or for breaking any other law. It is equally not allowed to ask for or recommend places where you can find these things.
Drug (illegal substance) related posts are not allowed. This includes comments in dream journals.
This is because some people want to become lucid so bad, it could incite them to try drugs in the hope of getting a LD, which is absolutely not the goal of this site. Also, every post about drugs tended to end up in a very heavy pro and against drugs discussion.Therefore we have strict rules about drug related posts.
If you want to discuss a substance in relation to LD’s it is only allowed if it is safe, legal and freely available. So to clarify, it must not be anything for which a prescription is required. Plus we are an international forum so bear in mind that while you may be able to freely buy it in your country, it may be prescription only in other countries.
Yes, legalese is boring, but we must protect ourselves – and by extension, you and your data – against unfriendly folks. We have a Terms of Service describing your (and our) behavior and rights related to content, privacy, and laws. To use this service, you must agree to abide by our TOS.
A topic that the mods consider spam will be removed without notice. If you persist posting the same message this can result in a ban.
These are considered spam:
- Promoting your own (or someone elses) site or product
- Asking people to gather material for your site / speech / project
- Announcing you have something for sale or seen something for sale (on ebay or wherever)
- Asking for people to participate in research / polls, etc
- Asking people to participate in interviews/articles/reports
- Asking people to write a review / asking for feedback about your own site/product.
- Asking people to vote, rate a page, to join a tribe or help getting an i-pod
Please don’t post URLs or direct links to product vendors. If you want to discuss something related to LDs then please keep it general and don’t place a link to a site where you can order the product.
- If you have to do a poll or Questionnaire for a school project (not LD related) ask permission of our Staff
- If you are conducting research for a LD related project or study then start an experiment or call for participants in the #lucid-adventures:lucid-laboratory
THAT’S ALL FOLKS!
We wish you a pleasant stay and hope to see you again and again