Character Chats

*Scientist walks in with Hamal.

Hamal: Hello, everyone! Oh, you probably can’t see me; that’s too bad. Okay, yes, so I’m presently on the planet Morpheus, and I call the supercontinental nation of Paterra my home. I’m unsure if you’re familiar with these places, but still. Yes, so how is everyone?

Morph: to the scientist Is that… Gregor Mendel that I see in your avatar there?

Sai: Hi Hamal! Always nice to see new faces around here.

Vesper: Always nice to see this place, period. Glad it’s back, now maybe I’ll actually have something to do for entertainment other than torching Morph’s head.

Morph: to Vesper Wait, when did that ever happen?!

Aiden: :3 We found it! (with help) Hi everyone!

Third Doctor: Morpheus… what galaxy is that in? I might have been there.

Second: No we haven’t, we haven’t even been close.

Third: You don’t even know where it is, let alone if I’ve been. I’ve been a lot of places you haven’t, after all.

Second: Last I checked you were still stuck on Earth because you havem’t been clever enough to evade the Time Lords.

Third: Need I remind you who got us exiled to Earth in the first place?

Second: Bringing up my regeneration trial is a little low, even for you don’t you think. And I don’t appreciate you providing that link, Rhewin!

Hamal: Good God! How dare they do such a thing! I mean, I can’t possibly even imagine what it would be like to have your appearance forcibly changed for…well, any crime at all. Really, I’ve dealt with tyrannical laws and the like in Paterra; I live in fear that I may be discovered, but at least not in fear of such harsh punishment. My, and well, at least my government is bad at what they do. Lord…

SPOILER - Click to view

Yeah, Morph, it is Mendel wearing an LD4all apron. I’m thinking of switching it to Newton seeing subliminal messages while studying optics…

Well, the Time Lords glossed over that quite a bit. It didn’t just change his appearance, it also changed his personality. The only thing he really kept was his memories. It’s called regeneration, and every Time Lord gets 12 of them; it’s their way of cheating death. What you saw was less of a trial and more of an execution.

Third: We can speak for ourselves, Rhewin. But yes, the Time Lords have become an arrogant lot, looking down upon the universe from their towers. An eternity of the powers of time have lead them to confuse themselves with gods. It’s the reason I took the TARDIS in the first place.

Second: Things don’t sound much nicer where you’re from, either. Tell me more about your planet. Who are the rulers?

Ninja walks in with Tsi’leik

Tsi’leik, wake up.

Tsi’leik: …

Tsi’leik!

Tsi’leik: I’m sleeping!

Now you’re not.

Tsi’leik: …

Hamal: Well, Doctor, it’s a long story. About 50 years ago, the Paterran supercontinent was divided into 5 separate countries. When it was unified under one flag, it took on a totalitarian appearance. Our particular ruler at the time, Arthur Kowalczyk passed anti-magic laws that became more and more tyrannical as they came. Most people suppose he was assassinated, but I figure that he faked his own death and sent his government underground. After his disappearance, the government supposedly collapsed into a republic. However, the laws against mages continued to come, leading me to suspect that Arthur is still in control. As a mage in secret, I must be on constant guard to prevent myself from becoming suspicious.

Scientist: We have made plans to locate the underground government and destroy it. Our goal is to meet in person and cast an omnisciency spell to find their hideout. We’ve given ourselves a one-year timeframe in which to do that, so we aren’t under any pressure to get it done immediately. After that, we’ll probably travel.

Hamal: *creates thunderclap

Tsi’leik: huh, what? Oh. Hamal, just a tap on the shoulder would be nice, no need for summoning thunder. Bit of flair for the dramatic eh? :grin:

Takone:… Wow A bit sheepish Hello, everyone!

Talon: Oh hey! New people C: It’s nice to meet you all! Surprising population boom! We need to head back to the main thread and see what’s going on!

Second Doctor: Yes, there do seem to be quite a bit more than before. At least I don’t feel like I’m talking to myself anymore.

Morph: to Rhewin …Did you just step through a mirror or something?

Skaith: That’s what it says in his location bar.

Morph: Oh.

Aiden: to Tako How’s it been lately?

Morph: poke Why do I get the feeling that I’m just talking to myself?

Tsi’leik: practicing to be a pshycologist and how do you feel about that?

Morph: to Tsi’leik Like I’m not really there. I know it’s silly doctor, but sometimes I get to thinking that I’m just a figment of another person’s imagination. Do you have any idea why that might be? Am I going crazy doc? :tongue:

Mecha: eye twitches I’m feeling exhausted right now. I just stayed up till 2:00 am testing, modding, and calculating the maximum speed a Cybran ‘Zapper’ t2 Tactical Missile Defense system can handle before being overwhelmed. Mach 3 missiles are the best it can handle with it’s regular stats, but if its range is increased by a factor of 10 to compensate for the shortened weapon ranges employed for gameplay purposes, (as evidenced by dev comments and the physics engine’s gravity being 10x what it should be on Earth) then it can nail missiles moving at up to mach 19. Why did I take the trouble to do all this you might ask? Because of an online debate going on at another forum regarding whether or not a Cybran ACU could take on the combined militaries of modern day Earth. One of the posters was dubious as to the effectiveness of the TMD vs modern cruise missiles, as in-game it only ever shoots down sub-sonic missiles going at two-thirds the speed of sound. Totally pointless I know, right? :peek:

@Morph: Look deep inside yourself and you will find the answers. That’ll be $600.

Morph: 600 dollars?! I thought you Na’vi didn’t have any use for our currency. Here’s 600 puffy white tree seeds instead. :tongue:

Tsi’leik: Yes! Puffy trees!

Second Doctor: Where did you even get those seeds in the first place?

Morph: Somewhere where the air tasted kinda weird, and had lots of bioluminescent plants and animals. The gravity was a little lighter than what I’m used to too. The seeds were just floating in the breeze. If I didn’t know any better, I’d say they were doing their best to run away from me. :ebil: Skaith was nearby, admiring this -enormous- burning tree that had fallen to the ground.

Skaith: Who says I was admiring it? I was just contemplating how senseless it’s destruction was. Then I got hit in the torso by a miniature tree disguised as an arrow. :eh:

Tsi’leik: Let me think. youre saying you found them in a world where many of the plants and animals are bioluminescent, gravity is lighter, and there was a huge burning tree on the ground? with a possible internal staircase like spiral structure with convienient places to sleep in? Nope, never heard of it.