dreaming about real events

Hi.
I just finished listening to an interview with someone called Andrew Paquette. He basically wanted to verify scientifically if his dreams could be representing true events. In summary, he went through his dream journal and broke down events into individual statements linked by one key fact. His experiment was to find an objective way to measure true events occurring in dreams. I find this fascinating, not only because I finddown to earth approach to the strange tto be interesting but also because I suspect I myself frequently dream about insignificant events in the future (which I tend to dismiss and forget until I find it happening whereby I get a strong feeling of dejavu). I only suspect this actually happens because I don’t have a consistent dream journal so I have no way of objectively verifying that I have indeed witnessed this scenario in a stream and it’s not simply my mind playing a game on me. (I should note though that Andrew did not bring in precognition. As far as I could tell he was just talking about his brain observing events that had already happened hundreds of miles away without his conscious knowledge. )

In short I’m interested in running a sort of informal survey to see if these sorts of dreams are indeed common, and where better ask about this on a forum where many are regularly recording their dreams?

I’d be curious to hear any input on this from the lucid dreaming community. Would you declare this bull? Have you yourself noticed any patterns in your dreams of events that seemed strange at first but were subsequently verified?

Wait. I just found and read the big precog thread. Very interesting stuff.
So if anyone wants a way to systematically test if their precog dreams are coincidence or something more, I highly recommend you check out this guy’s method.