How did you come to know of LD? (1 question 4 all here :-))

y no more replies strange!!! :bored:

i found out about it from a friend. I first told him about one dream i had and he said i was lucid dreaming. My other friend told me about this site. I have had two lucid dreams so far but i only just started trying.

I first learned of lucid dreaming while making a trip to a board on the webiste Gamefaqs.com roughly 1-2 years ago.

Unfortunately, believe it or not, I have YET to have a lucid dream in all this time >_>

i was introduced to LD by my boyfriend two years ago and he showed me this site to get me started.

I was on a Safari trip in Africa and there was this topless african girl with droopy swingers. She had the letters L and D inprented on em. I later searched the internet for it and I found this site.

:tongue:

No my friend actually introduced me to this site and that’s how it all started. Owe alot to ld4all.

Google while looking up lucid dreaming.

That’s it. That’s all.

EDIT: Oh, lucid dreaming? I had one, and somehow knew the name. I think it was because I had found it on the internet one year earlier searching for a hypnosis program.

Heard about it on a radio show, rememered that I had a few when I was younger and how awesome it was. Looked up for lucid dreaming on Google/Wikipedia.

What would we do without google…

I’ve always had them and I used to think it was something everybody did. Don’t remember where or when I first heard the term “lucid”.

I was in a bookstore and bumped into “Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming”, picked it up to see what it was about, and it made quite an impression. :smile:

I had my first lucid dream like two days later.

Had some wierd dream. Decided to look into dreaming on google, and POOF!! im here.

I have just been interesting in dreaming in general for years. I’ve did research on brainwaves, stages of sleep, lucid dreaming, etc. Someone from another message board actually introduced me to this site.

After reading through the Table of Contents for a book about Mind Tricks, one line caught my eye.

How to Have Lucid Dreams

I was already interested in dreams, albeit passively. I casually turned to the page and was taken aback when I read the first paragraph.

Realize that you are dreaming… kissing your best friend’s wife… joy-riding in a Ferrari… insulting your boss…

My first thought: Sign me up! :boogie:
I proceeded to head to my best friend, Google. Ld4all was right at the top of the list of results, and from there I soaked up the dream guide, amazed that something this cool could exist and that no one I knew was aware of it.

Fast forward a few years later. I joined the forums after being welcomed by the most fantastic online and offline community I’ve ever seen and regularly post. Now that’s some good luck.

I’m a fan of Aphex Twin, and in a couple of his interviews, he mentions Lucid Dreaming, and how cool it is, and how a lot of his music is inspired by LDs. So I looked it up in google and found loads of sites, including this one, which is my fave so far. :smile:

In 2003 I heard about Lucid dreaming on a talk radio show. I did a search on Excite or Yahoo and found this site. Then I kinda gave up on it a couple of months later after only having 1 half-lucid dream. For some reason, I thought about this site again today and I am thinking about starting up my dream journal again.

In a roundabout way, Sonic Adventure DX was what led me to Lucid Dreaming. In the game, NiGHTS makes a couple cameos, and I looked up “NiGHTS into Dreams” on google, and found out that it was about two lucid dreamers and a Nightmaren. Later I found out that LDing was real and did some googling. A couple of links later, (after finding Stephen LaBerge’s Lucidity Institute) I found the Ld4All site, and the rest is history.

I first read about them a few years ago when Reader’s Digest did an article on them. I thought it was pretty interesting and started a dream journal, but kinda slacked off until last February when a really vivid nightmare got me thinking about it again.

same for me too although i googled dream control

I once realized I was dreaming in a nightmare and realized that I had full control over the dream. I then attempted to become lucid in a dream again and succeeded about a week later. I searched Google for information on conscious dreaming, and I came across some lucid dreaming information and LD4all.