How much time does it take for WBTB to work?

I decided to try WBTB last night because I saw it was a simple technique that anyone could pick up, and there weren’t any dangers of SP either. I went to bed earlier than normal, at 9:30pm, but I didn’t get to sleep until about 10:30pm. My alarm woke me up at 2:30am and I turned on my computer screen, and started browsing through some threads on LD4all forum. At 3:00am, I went back to bed, although I had some trouble falling asleep (possibly looking at the screen kept my brain awake?).

I didn’t have an LD, nor could I recall any dream I had from that night. When I woke up and started the WBTB in the middle of the night, I also couldn’t recall any dreams, so I don’t think it was a case of me waking myself up too late into the REM stages.

I am also performing RCs throughout the day, as well as as soon as I wake up (so I don’t have an FA), so how long do you think it would take for this RC habit to form in my dream world? Since I haven’t had any success with WBTB, would it be better to give up and try something else, or does WBTB take some time to actually become effective?

If I did any of the WBTB technique wrong, or you know a better way of doing it, please let me know!

One unsuccessful attempt doesn’t mean that it doesn’t work for you.
WBTB is a way of making other things you are doing more successful. You may need to experiment with the amount of sleep time before the alarm goes off.

Yeah, Moogle’s probably right. Like most things the WBTB method can take many tries for you to get good at. The key, at least in my experience (or lack of), would be to not let any methods you use get to automatic and thoughtless. Try to be aware, as much as possible, of what you are doing and why.

At least, in the past my recall and ability to get anywhere near lucid dreaming was hampered by gradually doing things more and more often habitually and without much thought. I’m not really an expert though, and suddenly I realize you probably didn’t even ask about this, so feel free to disregard my rambling. XP

But yes, WBTB likely combines with other lucid dreaming techniques to give you a better chance overall. I’d say keep trying for a while longer, and if you continue to get nowhere with it, perhaps give it a rest and try some other ideas.