I'm so close to Astral Projection or OOBE! But..

This has been occurring every night for me now, which is exciting! I’m improving somehow! The only problem is… now I’m starting to psych myself out. When I’m so close to either a WILD or OOBE, my body is going through this crazy vibration and I can tell it’s just the transition but then I get super spooked because I’m afraid of hearing something I wouldn’t like to hear like voices or some kind of banging noise, usually I hear doors slamming before I fall asleep. I’m also afraid I won’t run into anything friendly when I’m trying to do this and it’s really psyching me out. I was never afraid in the past when I practiced LDing. This has only started up recently. :sad:

Suggestions on ways to prevent being frightened or maybe techniques? I’d really really appreciate it! I’m so close, I can feel it!

Well there isn’t much you can do except going through with it and you know it…

It’s hard to get rid off your fears if you don’t confront them, the same goes for this specific situation. I can tell that you will not experience scary or bad things while doing this and this might be true as much as it can be wrong.

All those dreams and experiences are to much personal for someone else telling you how it’s going to begin or end. What might apply for me it doesn’t mean that will apply for you too.

Going through this experience step by step should help but you need to take a leap of faith and make a transition and see what’s on the other side…

Good luck!

I made it far enough to burst out of the atmosphere and into space and it scared me half to death v.v why am I so freaked out?! Thanks for the response.

Don’t know. True sometimes some experiences seem more scary the others but I had those dreams, hell that’s what I strive for. I like flying and I like space. Although I sometimes get this uncomfortable feeling of falling when I’m on extreme heights in WL. But that’s because I know that I am vulnerable in that situation, if I hit the ground I will die and that’s why I get this feeling but in the dream being conscious that you can’t get hurt it’s like a bullet vest. Even bullet vest can be penetrated with right bullet so it can be your confidence and vulnerability if you are not conscious enough of the fact that you are in the control of your dream and yourself.

If those dreams do happen spontaneously try to go with it. Try to calm yourself in the process but If you control what you will dream then go step by step and try to get as much as comfortable in more “normal” situation as possible and then you can spice the things a little bit later on.