I'm twelve y/o, us there anything u should be doing different?

I’m twelve, so should I be doing anything different? Also, I seem to be stuck at low lucidity. I have had 3 lucid dreams, but each one i forgot i was dreaming and the dream continued on. I use MILD. That is the only method I’m comfortable with. Is there a better method that does not include SP? I’m terrified of SP, and I dont want anything to do with it. So how can I increase lucidity, and have more guaranteed lucid dreams without SP? Plz answer. All help is appreciated!

1 Like

MILD, or any form of DILD, doesn’t involve sleep paralysis. I would suggest doing frequent reality checks through the day if you aren’t already.

With MILD, you can set your intention not just to become lucid but for what you plan to achieve in the dream. So you can tell yourself as you’re falling asleep that you will become lucid and take control of your dreams.

Hi, thx so much for replying! I do already use mild, but I did not know that u could set expectations like that. So thank u. Tonight I’m going to be using WrILD and MILD as I fall asleep, and use SSILD during rem. I cant wait to try ur tip!

1 Like

You’re already on the right track! 3 lucid dreams already and let’s hope for more, just don’t give up! Have patience and keep on practicing and you’ll soon find yourself having more and more lucid dreams.

A word of advice. It is important to keep maintaining focus once lucid. Try using the most out of your senses the next time you’re dreaming and you will find it easier to keep lucidity. Do whatever you have to do, touch, watch, listen, taste, smell. The more you do the less distracted you become.

@krikkit_war_robot’s advice is spot on as well. Try incorporating reality checks during the day if you haven’t already. They’re one of the tools we lucid dreamers use to increase our chances for lucidity.

Happy dreams and much success.

1 Like

Hi! Thank u for the advice. I do incorporate RCs into my everyday routine. I’ve now had 5 LDs. I want to explore into visualization with hypnogogia, and entering a LD. Is there a way to do that without SP? Anybody can answer this, I just put it here.

Your speed of progress is remarkable Lincoln, keep at it.

It is rare for anyone of us to fall into sleep paralysis and the older you get the harder they are to get. But… they can happen.

If you want to look into WILD and its supplementary practices don’t let fear stop you. You can successfully WILD without ever stumbling your way into sleep paralysis. If you really want to foolproof your attempts, try keeping a healthy mind. Don’t over stress yourself too much, don’t give in to anxiety. You could try avoiding eating foods that might upset your stomach before bed and not staying up very late.

And even if you were to do none of this, you could still never live through a sleep paralysis. I can probably count the number of times I’ve found myself in it with one hand, and let me tell you something, it is nowhere near as frightening as people would let you believe. Quite the contrary, I seem to like them, as they allow for opportunities to slide back into a lucid dream!

Perhaps the reason I’ve never seen anything creepy or frightening in them is because I understand how they work. It is a pretty interesting topic and you lose nothing by giving it a Google search to read up on how they come about. Maybe that fear you have disappears for good because, to be frank, there is nothing to fear.

The important thing to get out of this is to not let fear get in the way of your goals.