Inteview with subconscious

An interview with it. Don’t ask how.

Can I have a LD tonight?
No.

Why can’t I have a LD?
Because Omen.

Will something attack me in a lucid dream?
Yes

But only my dream body will be hurt.
Yes

Why can’t I have a lucid dream?
Because lonesome dream.

Are lucid dreams shared?
No.

Are normal dreams shared?
Yes.

Are normal dreams really shared?
Yes.

Are you really my subconscious?
Yes.

Oh ya, I almost forgot:

I was guided over to the piano where I was playing random notes.
I asked my SC what it wanted, and it said “Music.”
Off to make my SC happy.

An interview with it. Don’t ask how - I just asked and it answered!

Can I have a LD tonight?
Yes.

Why can’t I have a LD?
I just told you that you can?! Dumbass!!

Yes

No - you don’t really have a body in your dream, because its a dream, and its lucid so it will not be hurt.

Are you listening to me? I told you that you can.

Are lucid dreams shared?
Between you and me…they are!

Yes.

OH!!! You got me there… I was just pulling your leg! No… they are not shared.

Are you really my subconcious?
No, I don’t even know what a subconcious is?

Perhaps you mean subconscious?

Yes.
And also this is a serious thread.

An interview with my subconscious…
Can I have a LD tonight?
Absolutely.

Why can’t I have an LD?
You are not trying hard enough.

Yes, if you believe something will attack you.

Will only my dream body be hurt?
Your dream body won’t hurt. You won’t feel the pain in your dream.

Are lucid dreams shared?
If you believe them to be shared.

No.

Are you really my subconscious?
Yeah.

Definitely a serious thread… my subconscious speaks to me all the time… and I named him Jerry.

I asked what my SC’s name was Jerry popped up in my head after further investigation, I found out it’s name was my name.

Ask it other questions then mines.

My SC loves music.
More than I do, for some strange reason.
Also, I let it control the portions of my body under my head. I get to control my head, of course.

I talk to my “SC” all the time. His name is Theo and he likes to take the form of a seagull.

I know you’re being serious. I’m being serious too. I’m a goofy person, so naturally, my SC would be very goofy too. :happy:

Can I have a LD tonight?
No.

Why can’t I have a LD?
Because I don’t want you lying around in bed, unable to fall asleep because you’re too worried about having an LD.

If you end up having one, I will attack you. Because I told you not to have one!

Dream body, real body, you’re just lucky I’m incorporeal. >:3

I already told you, girly. You stress about LDs too much. You need proper sleep tonight.

Are lucid dreams shared?
No.

No.

No. Stop asking. We both know you don’t believe in that stuff.

Are you really my subcontinents?
Hah. Well, that’s what you’re calling me, eh?

This whole talking-to-your-subconscious thing sounds a lot like dæmonism. Awesome. :smile: Perhaps you would be interested? PM me!

Sounds like your SC doesn’t like you :happy:

Hahah. Well, we have a very love-hate relationship.

[color=darkred]She’s just lucky I can’t physically leave her >.>[/color]
I love you too, SC.

I’m going to meditate soon.
Do you think binaural beats would be good to meditate to?
I want to talk to my SC. (Unless there’s an easier way to do it?)

There are quite a few ways, if I’m not mistaken. Jung talked a lot about getting in contact with the SC, so if you dig around just a teeny bit on Wiki you can find some interesting things. Of course, it’s Wiki, so there won’t be many meditation tips, but knowledge is power. :happy:

Also, I talk to my SC in light of my dæmonism philosophy. I don’t know if you would be interesting in learning about that or not, but I find it is the easiest way to get in touch with your SC. It’s your thread. If you’re interested in this tangent lemme know. :wink:

I’d enjoy it.
I don’t care.
As long as it isn’t that crazy.

Tehe. Ok.

So people hear from their SC all the time, without really knowing it. That little voice that says “don’t eat that, you’re on a diet!” or perhaps “aren’t you forgetting something?” as you’re about to leave the house. It may even be that voice that is screaming on the inside “I LOVE YOU” or “I HATE YOU” while you’re face-to-face with the other person. It’s watching out for us, making sure we don’t do anything stupid, making sure we know right from wrong.

Don’t take this the wrong way. This isn’t like SG. This is you. Just… a different part of you. The SC is manifested in children as the imaginary friend. As we grow up we tend to leave imaginary friends because they’re simplistic and childish. But the nagging little voice is still there.

Dæmonism is the idea that we can get to know this nagging little voice of ours. Most people just call it a little voice. Others call it the SC. A few on LD4all probably call them characters. Others, like me, call them dæmons. There are two origins for this term. The first is from Socrates, who called it his daimon. Here is a lengthy essay that puts it into words better than I ever could. The second origin of the term, which may be more familiar, is from the His Dark Material series. The first book is known as either The Northern Lights or The Golden Compass, depending on your side of the Atlantic. The tie to this fiction is mostly superficial, as we don’t think we have little critters following us around. Dæmonism, or even a casual relationship with the SC, does not entail schizophrenia. There is a large difference. Anyone can communicate with his SC, while schizophrenia is a medical issue affecting a small portion of the population.

What differentiates dæmonism from simple conversation or meditation with the SC is that we borrow from the fiction. Some of us like to picture our daemons, our SC, what have you. This helps extremely visual people like myself. I almost never have sounds in my meditation, but visual cues and picturing things are very, very important to me. It depends a lot on your learning/thinking style.

Also, we think that the form your SC/dæmon takes reflects something about your personality. It’s not superficial, though. Not everyone is going to be a wolf or an eagle. As is stated in my signature, I like to picture my SC as a glaucous-winged gull, because I believe that animal best describes who I am. This is merely a personal preference, however, because I’m such a visual person.

Currently, The Daemon Page is the best resource for this idea. We’re a small community, after all. :wink: If this idea strikes your fancy, there is a lovely community that has much more info than TDP supplies. (I am an active member of this community, under the same username :happy: )

“As long as it isn’t that crazy.” Haha. It probably sounds like all sorts of crazy. ^^ But it works for me, and figuring out what animal best defines my personality has led to an interesting path of self-discovery that has been extremely helpful in my life.

Thank you for the info.

I don’t hear that voice…
or maybe I just never pay attention.
I’m going to listen for it.
Thank you.

Im gonna interview my SC when I have time, but I dont know how to do :cry:

Do you just talk out in the air?

Interesting thread really and its amasing the SC can be against you :tongue:

To talk, you talk.
In your mind.
Out loud.
It doesn’t matter.

Ok then :smile: I forgot to ask how you know when the SC answers :tongue:

You’ll hear something.
In your head.
Don’t force it.

You’ll know it’s your SC.
It’s way of speaking is totally different than yours… usually.
It’s best to meditate while talking.
To hear the voice.
And to make sure it’s not your own voice.

But what I really want to know is.
Why the heck am I typing like this? O.o

Of course, your SC is you, so it can be slightly confusing at first. The way I like to do it is pretend I’m having a conversation with someone. Like… a mini RPG in my head. The other “character” or “person” can represent your SC. Even if it feels artificial at first, as long as you intend to see that “other” as your SC, eventually you’ll be having a little conversation and your real SC will chime in and say “Hah, no, I would NOT say it like that xD.”

Or, as is also the case sometimes, the “character” may just be a mouth piece for your SC.

If nothing else, this is a good way to figure out what your voice and your SC’s voice sound/feel like. If you start with artificiality it’ll be more obvious when the real thing happens.

Is this supposed to be asked while lucid in a dream? I’m not understanding how this is done…