LC I - TM and initiator: Ian1 - winner: -=JaSoN=-
LC II - TM: Magnus - winner: Q
LC III - TM: Q - winner: Bravsein
LC IV - TM: Bravsein - winner: WritersCube
LC V - TM: WritersCube - winner: dimsya
LC VI - TM: dimsya - winner: Queen SD
LC VII - TM: Ysim - winner: Mugiwara
LC VIII - TM: Mugiwara - winner: Ysim
LC IX - TM: Ysim - winner: Tundra
LC X -TM: Tundra - winner: ebil shrimp
LC 11 -TM: Ebil shrimp - winner: Tundra
LC 12 - TM: HebrewB - winner: mattiasdavis
LC 13 - TM: Blue&White - winner: relV
LC 14 - TM: relV - winner: GHOSTIE11
LC 15 - TM: GHOSTIE11 - winner: unknownuser33
LC 16 - TM: Danielns13 - winner: rkr7
LC 17 - TM: Angelmouse - winner: pasQuale
LC 18 - TM: Magnus - winner: Amaryllis
LC 19 - TM: Amaryllis - winner: Dryalantha
LC 20 - TM: Dryalantha - winner: Shadow Dreamer and Amaryllis
LC 21 - TM: Dryalantha - winner: Undecided (but probably Wyvern)
LC 22 - TM: Danilens13 - winner: tosxyChor
LC 23 - TM: tosxyChor - winner: Wyvern
LC 24 - TM: Wyvern - winner: tosxyChor
LC 25 - TM: Rhewin - winner: Solaris
LC 26 - TM: Solaris - winner: Rhewin
LC 27 - TM: tosxyChor - winner: Rhewin
LC 28 - TM: Rhewin - winner: Siiw
LC 29 – TM: Siiw – winner: Rhewin
LC 30 – TM: Puce – winner: Wega
LC 31 - TM: Mimmo0 - winner: Limitles
LC 32 - TM: Limitles - winner: Nicklebrick
LC 33 - TM: Nicklebrick - winner: elnaureth
LC 34 - TM: elnaureth - winner: DreamSailor
LC 35 - TM: Ysim - winner: Koharo
LC 36 - TM: Rhewin - winner: HeadInTheClouds
LC 37 - TM: HeadInTheClouds - winner: Scipio Xaos
Hiya everybody! I am Scipio Xaos and I’ll be your Task Master for the Lucidity Challenge 38. The signups have finally arrived and I hope everyone is ready, but first, a little history…
The Lucidity challenge began over six years ago and has changed quite a bit from it’s first iteration. It still remains, though, one of the best ways for lucid dreamers to push themselves and their peers towards accomplishing their goals. While competition is a great flame to fuel the fire of any LDer, there is also a feeling of working together that builds as competitors aim for the stars.
Now to the rules. I’ve changed a bit, but that was mostly formatting as well as simplifying some sections. Any changes from the last LC are in red. Changes during the LC are in orange.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
You get these just for having an LD! You do not have to complete a task to get these, so post any and every lucid experience!
Points awarded for each dream:
- You wonder if you’re dreaming or you have a false lucid dream (FLD). + 5pts
- Short LD: You have whatever you would consider to be short according to typical LD’s you’ve had in the past. + 20pts
- Medium LD: You have what you would consider a medium length LD. This should be the average length of most of your dreams up to this point. + 30pts
- Long LD: You have what you would consider a long LD. + 40pts
- Longest Dream: You break your personal record for longest LD (see details for new dreamers below). + 50pts
Everybody is to provide an average length on signup (unless you have never had an LD before), and point calculating will be done accordingly.
For those who have never had a lucid dream before, anything less than 1 minute will count short; 1-5 minutes medium; 5+ minutes will be considered long. You will not be eligible for “longest LD” points until after your first long LD.
A dream is considered a single one until you either get out of bed or record your dreams somehow (this includes notes made between dreams). DEILDs / chaining will be considered one dream unless you record notes in between. (You will not receive the chain bonus of + 10 if you break your chain in such a manner.)
If you have your first lucid dream while the Challenge is running you will get +75 points!
If you become lucid through a technique you never succeeded with before, I will also award +50 bonus points to you. If you’re about to try a new technique, or are simply new to lucid dreaming and want to find out which technique suits you best, this is your chance. However, these extra points are not awarded for your first ever lucid dream. (Please be clear about this when you report your dream, because I don’t want an extra entry in the signup form for each technique succeeded with so far.)
As you can see, this scoring system is very subjective. This is because different people have different average lengths for lucid dreams. What one person may consider short (5 minutes) may be someone else’s medium, and so on. This is so people can work on improving their own personal bests. It encourages the more advanced LD’ers to work hard too. To help you get a definite idea of what your usual duration is, you must post your average (or medium) LD time when you sign up.
Chaining and regaining lucidity: Every time you chain or get back your lucidity from having lost it, you are awarded 10 points. However, the new LD is counted as a continuation of the previous one; so, for example, you can have a medium LD, then chain and raise the LD score to that of a long one.
These are the points you are awarded for attempting, and completing, the various tasks. You do not have to be lucid to complete a task, but you will earn the most points while lucid. Each task will have different ways of rewarding points, and they will be explained as each task is posted.
You will earn points for completing the tasks as they are set, but you might earn more points if you do it in your personal style or as part of achieving one of your own goals. At the end of each task I will award a bonus of 20 creativity points to the person who I feel accomplished the current task(s) in the most unique manner.
Points are awarded each time you complete a task regardless of whether or not you have completed it before. Some tasks may be designated to have a lower point value upon repetition. You can only earn points for completing a part of a task ONCE per dream. This means that if you were to complete the same part more than once you would only earn the point value once.
For each task, the following bonuses can be awarded:
- +30 lucid points (for any task accomplished while lucid; this is separate from LD points)
- +20 combo points (for completing two previously untried tasks in the same dream; if you already collected points for a task it is no longer eligible for the combo points)
- +20 early points (for completing the last task active when you go to sleep)
The monthly Quest counts as a task, and awards 75 points for completion.
When you sign up, you may also give your personal task(s). That is, a task that is one of your goals for LDing. I will award up to 200 points in total per person for completing all your tasks.
Completion of a personal task awards +50 points.
Be careful, average LD lengths cannot be changed while the challenge runs. Personal Goals can only be changed after the completion of the goal.
The lucid/combo/early bonuses aren’t awarded for completing your personal tasks.
Deadlines and Calculation
Challenges will last 7 days each. I may announce extensions at any time based on extenuating circumstances. If I haven’t posted the new challenge after 7 days, consider the task extended until 1 night after the next task is posted.
If you have any questions about deadlines, please PM me.
[color=red]For posting dream info to gain points:
Please include the following information in your posts:
- The number of LDs you had and the length of each one (please specify short, medium, or long; otherwise, I will make my own judgment based off of the length of the dream and your average LD time.)
- Any task completed and relevant task information (e.g., what task completed and if you were lucid), but not the whole dream yet.
- Anything else that is relevant for points, such as completion of personal goal, completion of current quest, chaining, and anything else.
- Now, please feel free to post your whole dream or a link to your dream journal; however, it is not mandatory as long as you supplied the above information.
Note: If you do not post your dream journal or a link to your dream journal I will be unable to award certain bonuses such as combo or creativity. Also, you may have accomplished additional tasks within your dream that you were not aware of. I will award points for those that I find whilst reading your entry.
I believe that it is the responsibility of the Task Master to read the DJ entries of the contestants, but it is equally the responsibility of the contestants to supply DJ entries. I will not go and look through everyone’s DJ for dreams eligible, but I will read all dream entries posted in this thread or linked in this thread.
Don’t worry about the point calculations; I will be calculating all the scores. (It is required, given the possibility of bonus points.)
If you feel I made an error in points, please PM me immediately and I will either explain or correct. We are here to have fun, so if you and I disagree on how many points you have earned, please do not make a scene. If you don’t like how I award points, then win the LC so you can make up your own rules!
As per tradition, the Challenge will be open to up to 20 participants with a minimum of 10. When the minimum amount is reached, the first task will be posted on the following Sunday.
I’ll allow signups after the first task is posted, but not if this means we reach more than 20 participants.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Summary of Points
- +5 For wondering if you’re dreaming / FLD
- +20 For a Short LD
- +30 For a Medium LD
- +40 For a Long LD
- +50 For having your longest LD
- +50 For becoming lucid using a new technique
- +10 Chaining / Regaining Lucidity
Task Bonus Points
- +20 Creativity Points
- +30 Lucid Points
- +20 Combo Points
- +20 Early Points
- +75 Quest Points
- +50 Personal Goal Points (+200 Cap)
LC 38 Signups List (Name / Average LD Time / Personal Goal)
- Rhewin / 5-7 minutes / have an LD longer than 25 minutes
- Thorn / 5 minutes / Visit my dream sanctuary
- Mew151 / < 10 seconds / Shoot fireworks from my hands
- HeadInTheClouds / 1.5 - 2 minutes / Clone myself in a mirror
- argon / 3-4 min / summon DC
- catt / 0 / meet someone from IRC
- LDbc12 / 3 min / eat food in an LD
- James_UK2008 / 5min+ / Shapeshift into something!
- Ecila6 / 1 min / Blowing up (everything!)
- muccy /10 seconds / do the hand through other hand RC
- Jessica / 2 min / make the world a better place
- Letaali /<10sec / Find my spirit guide to get wings
- Lumessence / 5m / Ask a DC to describe my physical appearance
- Yev / 30 sec / Swim in the ocean
- Oleg / 0.5 - 2 minutes / Telekinesis
- BrandonBoss / 5-7 minutes / Fight with a sword
- squoak / 5 minutes / change my appearance
- demented / 1 minute / outsmart my sc (in major way, at least for a several seconds)
Posts of Importance