minds playing tricks on me

HI, i’m new here… been reading the messages boards for a while though. great site, great outlet for info about dreaming… anyway… So i’ve been into the idea of lucid dreaming for a while now, but only recenetly have really gotten dedicated. I haven’t yet aqcuired a full lucid dream, but i know i’m getting close. I do frequent reality checks, still don’t have them appear in dreams though. Last night i tried telling my subconcious to have a lucid dream in which i fly. ok… so i wake up this morning remember 2 seperate dreams. It seems my mind didn’t like the command of flying lucidly…
1st dream… its snowing and i’m driving, and the roads are terrible. i get stuck and abandon the car… i’m with a friend and we fiend a canoe… and ride it down a hill covered in snow… feels like a rolercoaster, that feeling of falling…
2nd dream… im lost in the woods just wondering around, i find a small stream and go to cross it. only stream starts flooding and i’m surrounded with water, current starts moving faster… till i can’t keep my footing very well… i turn around and look were the water is heading too and i realize its a waterfall. i’m trying to keep from falling off the edge by grabbing from tree to tree… i think fear woke me up from the dream…

So the night i tell my mind to fly in a dream, instead of just flying… it presents me with two different scenerious in which i face a long drop and the feeling faliing… my mind is definitely playing tricks on me. Lesson learned: Be open to anything your mind can throw at you. it works in mysterious way.[/i][/code]

Yea, i suppose you could call it that. When your first learnining you won’t get exactly what your looking for but as time continues you will actually get a dream about what you want. It definatly sounds like you’re getting close