Questions about sleeping time

Well, there’s something I still haven’t seen anywhere after some reading on the forums…
Are the LD’s or dreams in general influenced by the time I go to sleep? Lately, I’ve been going to bed between 3-4 am, and I wonder if that time is bad for the “quality” of my sleep…
I don’t know anything about this kind of subject, but I’ve heard some people say that when you sleep late, even if you sleep for 8 hours ( from 3 - 11 am, like I do), it’s not gonna be as good as if you’d slept from 11 pm - 7 am.
Is that true? And IF that’s true, can it affect our dreams?
It’s not that I’ve been having any problems, because I’ve been dreaming a lot lately, but I’ve started trying to LD for only 3 days now, and if it’s gonna be harder because of it, I just wanted to know…

i’d say it depends on the person :smile: i guess it is not affected by when you sleep, but by the quality of your sleep. when you sleep a lot , say after 9-10 hours, your sleep becomes shallow and has lots of REM and you are more likely to become lucid. it’s in fact easier to become lucid when you have shallow sleep, i.e., wake up a lot in the night and stuff…

I find sometimes that depedning on how tired I am, when I go to sleep can make a big deal. If I go to bed very late and I am very tired, I fall alseep faster, and while I’m falling alseep i say to myself “I’d like to have a lucid dream tonight.” It usually works. It doesn’t work if I am not tired or if I go to bed too early.
So I’d say when you go to bed can have a lot to do with having lucid dreams if you factor in other variables like tiredness or autosuggestion.

To be too consius during WILD .
Not good , If you don`t manage to get to slepp at 4 am , you get a bit tired …

The more you postpone going to sleep, the more of the sleep is going to be comprised of REM. If going to sleep at 3 am is normal for you and suits you well, I think it has no effect, but if your usual bedtime is at 10 pm and you stay awake until 3, that will surely shorten the deeper stages in favour of REM.