Racism against whites

blonde hair. blue eyes. 21 years old…call me :nodnodwinkwink:

Here in america, we have gone crazy with this whole “political correctness” bs. We are SO afraid to offend anybody that we have to watch every word we say. I believe that your feelings are not covered under law, and we should not have to change our ways because it may make sombody feel uncomfortable. Europe is even worse. I have heard that if you scream the N word in the middle of a street you can be taken to jail (just an overnight visit in the cell)

And the part that bugs me the most, it is WHITE people who get offended when i say the word “black”. I say it to by fellow african friends and they dont care. at all. In fact, most of them let me say “nigga”, but only if it is used in the right way. (mods, i use that word simply as a word and that is all. The word only becomes a curse word or inccorect when used to discriminate or belittle). It is white people who jump on the opportunity to call me a racist. We (whites) are just perpetuating a policy that should have never been created.

i would also like to add that words are only words. It is the mood and connotation of the words that make it wrong. I should be able to say fk right now without a moderator censoring it. But if i said "im gonna crack your fking head open", then it should be bleeped. Anyway, what can a word really do to you? Damage you emotional development? The truth is i could say that word in front of a child 50 times a day and nothing would happen to him. Maybe he would start using the word, but thats all. I can understand how words like the N word and other racial slurs should not be said, because it attacks a group of people. I for one say we stop MOST censoring in everything, including TV. Whats the worst that could happen if an 11 year old say a female’s breast on TV. Will he loose sleep? Will he become a rapist? No, in fact he wont. The only things that should be censored are ACTUAL footage of people being killed (even though they still show it on the history channel), because some of those are just too disgusting.

o well. Thats my 2 pennies

Hah. You guys all seem to have my points covered. I’ll cover them briefly anyway, cuz I only skimmed the topic. But there is ONE thing I do wanna know;
There’s an asian history month? What the crap! When is that? ANd how come we never celebrated THAT in school? All we ever heard was “Black history month black history month black people are the only people in the whole freaking world that ever had hard times”. When is asian history month seriously though, cuz I never heard of it. And hispanic too. We had a thing on that once in school, but it wasn’t a month deal.

My 2 cents: Face it, people are racist. Its the way of the world. Like whoever said (Rad?) that had a really good point, everyone here likes to play the victim. Also, everyone likes to be better than everyone else. But as far as black and white goes, I feel that its completely different these days. Just from my own personal experiences (I know stuff is different, and I know people are different.), black people are the most racist people I’ve ever met. The black students at my school at the very least. They bring race into EVERYTHING and use it as a cheap excuse for anything. They can call you a cracker in front of the right teacher and won’t get a damn thing for it, even if you over react like they do (I seen it at least once before). But you even joke the N word, and they freak out and FORCE the teachers to punish you (I seen that too). One particular instance comes to mind to me that my asian friends cousin did something (I can’t even remember if it was his fault, its been a while) that got a black guy mad at him. Instead of even fighting one on one, he gathered every freaking black kid in the school (at least 200 that day) and just stormed through the hall in a wave. They came up to the front where me and my asian friends were hanging out and just starting talking trash to all of us and asking where he went and talking trash about asian people in general. >.<

Also, as far as the standardized testing goes, the race thing is for demographic only.

However scholarship crap pisses me off. Still though, since they are private organizations, they are allowed to say “You have to be black for us to help pay for your school.” So I can’t really complain. Its just rough.

Don’t get me wrong, its like I said, everyone’s racist.

Ack, where was I goin with this?

i am white, and i really dont understand why some white people are racist. If you look hard enough, you will see that blacks are actually a better suited race than whites. Just look. (what i am about to say is GENERAL and does not adhere to every member of a certain race).

1. blacks jump higher.
  2. run faster
  3. no skin cancer (due to better protected skin)
  4. they are generally taller
  5. they build muscle faster.

theres a bunch more that i cant think of right now. But who really cares. In these days, none of that matters and we are all equal. Maybe i just think that because i am from Atlanta, which is extremely diverse. I really dont even see color.

…theres my 3’rd and 4’th pennies.

Pardon the silly ending in the second quote, but I was trying to make another point when I made that post.

Well, those two quotations are there for a reason: I wanted to show to you people that 1) races don’t exist in the first place and that 2) thus not everybody is racist because it’s physically impossible when you live among mixed blood, raceless people.

Also, I believe the US, for its historical segregation, might find it way easier to believe in races—as I said, if blacks only marry blacks, and whites only marry whites, and asiatics only marry asiatics, the physical differences are kept, and thus races do—to some extent—exist, which allows racism to exist. I don’t think that’s really relevant. If everyone’s sick and tired of segregation, than why not just ignore it? Oh, your government labels you and promotes black pride day? Well, so does mine, no one cares. Fight for the right of self determination, fight for the right of indefinition but don’t come tell me prejudice is there because the goverment promotes it.

Guys, if you’re tired of racism, than I’m afraid you’ll have to learn to see beyond “black” and “white”—not just rationally, but next time you see a guy another race in the street, actually not think the first thing “oh a negro” or “humpf, another stupid white man.” And don’t go cynical about it either. Racism isn’t natural, normal or humane. Believing in races in the first place isn’t normal.

So if your school promotes black history month but doesn’t promote european history (that’s so funny! we have both subjects toghether in History classes here in Brazil; I didn’t think it was possible to split subjects like that, as if nations didn’t keep relations to each other thoughout History), don’t feel discriminated. Just ignore it, it’s a stupid state policy for organizing (and, apparently, prioritizing) things.

If it makes no sense, than it will probably be dropped, eventually. Geez, you people make a big deal of races and racism in the first place, no wonder it’s still so strong there… :tongue:

very true, bruno. There is only one race, the human race. When i say “race” i am just perpetuating a misconception that blacks and white are actually different creatures, which was a common belief held by slave owners. To them, blacks were just a beast of burdon. But no, there is no such thing as different races.

eh…despite what you think, race really isnt an issue in America, and i am not really pissed about it. I really couldnt care less about affirmative action and history months (even though they are just there so america can “make up” for all its done. Its kind of a petty apology).

It may seem stupid giving people jobs, education and so on because of their skin color, but I find it interesting that several of the norwegians here haven’t made a note about the incredably stupid system we have in our own country. And in Norway, it is about sex.

In certain jobs and educations, women can take the place of better qualified men, because there are too few women already working there/educated in that profession. Great going!

And on the hating America subject: people who dislike America has (or should have) way deeper reasons than “USA invaded Iraq” and so on. I personally dislike America because many americans seem to be extremely ignorant of the rest of the world, plus the seemingly large groups of religious fanatics. I’m not really a big fan of religion, so much bad comes from it. And another reason I have to add; the american patriotism makes me really sick. It’s laughable at best. And the whole renaming french fries to freedom fries? Wake up! “land of free”? America is probably the most surveiled country in the western world! Other countries have democracy too, you know.

I am told that they use the N-word often, to reduce it’s power as the more it is used the less power/effect it has over them … or something to that nature…

Moonhunter

wether you like it or not we are both brainwashed. I am brainwashed into the American patriotism think, and you have been brainwashed into hating America. The only things European medias say about America is what we do wrong and our economy. You never hear about the good we do.

Chances are you know nothing about America except what you read in the papers and see on TV. And i know nothing about Norway, but you dont see me disrespecting you.

Like it or not, America runs the world. Europe and Asia depend on our material obsessed mentality and our need to travel. We are THE most powerful nation (with China creeping up on us), and we ARE free. You cannot say we are not. About a year ago religious zealots from the Westboro Baptist church were holding signs that said “Thank God for 9/11” and “God hates homosexuals” while standing on the side of a street. No government branch or police bothered them. Why? Freedom. You cant argue with that. I HIGHLY doubt you could advocate an attack on YOUR country in the middle of the street. No, America is the most free nation in the world. Because of capitalism and our constitution. We have the ability to choose any job we want, as long as we try hard enough. You may be able to do the same, but your choices are limited.

please dont disrespect my country. If you do, i will just assume it’s out of jealosy.

but thanks for playing :wink:

That’s not only about America, but about almost everything. Would it be interesting to read in a paper how well it goes in a country? That doesn’t have the potention to be in the news. It’s not interesting and people will not watch, and thus it won’t be in the media. For a matter of fact that’s how racism can grow. When one already doesn’t really like a certain type of group - it doesn’t even matter whether it are black, females, children, old people or anything else - one starts to notice what they are doing. Since it’s mostly negative news you can find, the racism will only grow. Also the news can show you for example constantly black teenagers who do a lot of harm, and one starts to believe every black teenager is that way. Off coures that is not the case, but it can be insinuated it is, because there are already so much of those.

Personally I think there are the same sort of people in every ‘race’, with the same amount of persons among them. I think there are in percent the same amount of ignorant persons in America as there are in the Netherlands. But there are also the same amount of friendly people here and there.

Hmm. Not so good at swimming, though. :tongue: (Though that one guy in the Sydney Olympics gave it his best shot, poor guy)

Correct me if I’m wrong, but against blacks, don’t they get sickle cell anemia easier? Or did I dream that…

It’s hard to define genetic advantages and disadvantagtes of “being black”—because there are SEVERAL different ethnicities we call “black” based on skin colour. One might think there’s a lot of difference between a frenchman, a german and a brittish, but genetically they’re practically the same—that’s the same kind of misconception: one might think a lot of black people are a lot alike, but practically each community used to have a very VERY distinct genotype inspite of them all having similar skin colour. So yeah, there might be this ethnicity originally from a community in middle south Africa which has a lot of risk of developing breast cancer, while another tribe just beside it used to have a pretty great genetic protection from this kind of cancer. Of course, the list of pros and cons is only valid to “pure bloods,” it makes no sense if you’re a “mixed blood” like I myself am.

yea, actually ‘they’ do get sickle cell anemia more than other ‘races’.

Oh. My. God.

This post demonstrates my points very well. First of all; I am not brainwashed. My oppinion upon America is based on several years of education, both on America, and on the rest of the world.

Sure, I read a lot about America in the papers, and I watch the news. But I actually have the education and experience to know that this have to be looked on in a certain way. It’s something called source critisism (very bad translated, don’t know the right english term), where you learn how to look on the info given in context with what actually happened and who the source is and so on. And believe it or not, but some europeans are very supportive to both USA and the politics you are running. Both media and people.

Like I said, I know a great deal of America. I can tell you about how it evolved from when people first started to migrate from Europe to America, what drew them there, and how they developed. We could look at the sivil war, why it happened (slavery was only a part of it, it actually had a great deal to do with economy and export/import. Not many americans seem to know this, strangely enough). I could tell you about how America went from being behind most of the world around the industrial revolution, to becomming one the the leading coutries later on. I could tell you about their part in the world wars, and the cold war. And I could tell you a great deal about America today.

Do you know much about the world outside America in general? Many americans seem to know very little or close to nothing about the world outside USA, which is one of the reasons many people think of americans as ignorant.

I’m sure you do. How could we ever manage without you?

You can protest peacefully against/for anything you would like here and you have been able to do it for ages. You don’t think you can in most countries?

HOW are you more free than most other countries?
Can’t I choose whatever job I want? Can’t most people? How excatly is my choices more limited than yours?

Also, let me ask you this: how much are USA polluting the world today? How does USA respond to international organisations trying to make USA decrease the industrial pollution they are creating? How does other countries respond to the same demands? (Do they ignore them, or make deals to reduce it?)
How do you think this affect how the outside world think of you? (This in only one example, I can list up many more if you want me to).

Now, think about all the stuff I have written here, and ask me, do you understand why some dislike America?
(And let me point out this: I do NOT hate America, nor americans. I just dislike the fact that you seem to be very ignorant about the world outside your own borders).

The US faked evidence about weapons of mass destruction in iraq. The UN voted against invasion without further proof. The US invaded anyway.

Personally I think the UN didn´t intervene cause this would have caused economic problems for the countries. It dosn´t mean the war was just, it just means that the other countries are either too weak or too egoistic to do anything about it - or both.

[color=#cc3333]This topic has run completely out of its topic and has been in an almost flame situation for too long already, so it has now been locked. If anyone has a good, on–topic point to make, feel free to PM a moderator asking for it to be unlocked. :bruno:[/color]