Really accurate precognitive dreams

Moved from Fruits of Lucidity. Take a look at this sub-forum, Beyond Dreaming. You might find some other related threads. Good luck. :mattias: Oh, and welcome!

Hi everyone, I just joined the LD4all community but I wonder if anyone had the kind of experience I had many times before.

I’ve been having dreams about future events since I was a little kid. At first I just saw some pictures or really short sequence in my dreams, that I saw later on with my own eyes in real life. In the beginning I thought it wasn’t much of a deal, because it was simple stuff and not special at all, until one day I dreamed about a discussion my classmates had while we were on a school trip in a town I haven’t been in years. All day I had these dejavus of places I saw in my dreams the night before and just before we had to get back on the, some of my classmates had this conversation (nothing special, just kidding and making fun of each other, but…each one of them said exactly what I dreamed they would). In my dream I was looking at them and listening to what they were talking about, and just like that I was standing in that same place, looking at that same group of people, listening to the exactly the words I heard - loud and clear, I knew every word that would come out of each ones mouth, and the conversation I dreamed about was long 30 seconds. At the end of the dejavu I was blown away and to say the thruth a bit affraid, I just got the idea something must be wrong with me. I couldn’t tell it to anyone, because noone would believe me, but after checking the internet I found out there actually are people with this kind of “gift”, problem is noone on the internet (at least the stories of those I read), never had such long and precise dreams. I know, it sounds crazy, I does sound crazy to me too, but I just wish someone here could share a similar story.

Needless to say these kind of dreams didn’t stop, I the years that passed I had some dreams again about people around me and their spoken words. Sometimes I even dramed about what I was about to say, but these stories are too long for this post.

Anyone in the mood to share some stories? Maybe even about some stuff I could try to better control these kind of precognitive dreams?

This is very interesting. I can’t say I’ve had dreams like this, but I seem to remember that Futility, or the Wreck of the Titan was written based on a dream. The book has many eerie similarities, and was written more than a decade before the Titanic actually sank.

As for controlling them, do you mean purposely inducing them, or not having them anymore? I’d imagine that both would be possible through lucid dreams (though I’m not sure exactly why you’d want to stop them).

Yes, it is interesting, but sometimes I give myself the creepes. About the controlling - I’d like to induce them, not stop them, even though I could find out something not that pretty.

This sounds very interesting, but to be honest I cant say i believe in such dreams, predicting the future. My logic mind is against that, and I never experienced them. But It sounds amazing that you apperantly can pedict in such a detail…

Anyway I did had once a dream:
I was asked how old I want to be, ergo at what age I am going to die. I said 89

Well, will see about that :wink:
Gave me the creeps, too. :woo:

I totally agree with you, man. I never trusted those so called psychics, I kinda hated them, but too much weird stuff has been going on with me. I wouldn’t trust someone telling me the story I just wrote, it’s insane and you just can’t proove it. Oh well, I neither wanna convince anybody, I’m just sharing my experiences and hope to find someone that had or is having the kind of experiences I’m having.

Most peculiar, most peculiar…

Oh man, I’ve had these… First one was when I was 13. I had a dream that someone at school brought a strobe light into the 5th year social area. A few days later, someone brought a strobe light into the 5th year social area. I didn’t hang about with 5th year kids (being in 2nd year at the time), nobody knew about it in advance, I didn’t have any opportunity to overhear anyone talking about it…

This never happened again until I was 25, when I started having BIG DREAMS. That’s just what I call “dreams that feel like they mean something important”. Presumably because your subconscious is trying to hammer something important into your conscious mind, by giving you profound and vivid dreams. It seems to happen to me at times of great stress or big changes. Which makes sense. It’s your subconscious trying to assimilate your new reality. That’s my theory anyway. I’m digressing. At that time, I had what looked like precognitive dreams about people I’d meet, places I’d work etc. To this day I’m trying to figure out if these really are precognitive dreams, or a confirmation bias.

I had another about a month ago, I had a dream about something happening in Formula 1, and when I checked Facebook the next day the same thing was in my news feed. Although, I follow the F1 quite closely, so as it’s something that was likely to happen anyway, I put it down to that. The timing of it spooked me though, as did the fact that it was such a prominent theme in the dream I just had.

For me, I look at precognitive dreams with the view that they could be possible, as we have no way of proving scientifically that they either do or do not exist. It’s why I’m agnostic rather than atheist, because one view says god does NOT exist, the other says you don’t know and cannot scientifically prove it one way or the other. So, if I have any more of these dreams, I will continue to try and disprove them rationally, and whether I can or I can’t, either way is cool. But always be aware of the confirmation bias :wink:

I’m new to this forum and have just been getting back to the idea of exploring my dreams.

I tried keeping a dream journal once, but after about a week, my dreams got so intense and twisted that I was scared to sleep and stopped writing them down. I was reading “Wisdom of the Mystic Masters” at the time and doing some of the brain exercises for a few weeks before this, so perhaps my brain was on hyperdrive, but I’ve always had pretty twisted, violent, and gory dreams.

Anyhow, during that time, I recorded one dream that seemed precognitive. The short version is that in my dream there were reports in the neighborhood I was living in of people finding this girl looking in their window at them, night after night, and saying it was a ghost. People who reported this would then turn up dead.

The faces of the victims had gone complete green and twisted - it looked like they’d been scared to death.

Anyhow, in the dream, I was sitting in my living room with my .45, waiting to catch this “ghost” or whatever it was, and heard something outside and I crept over to look out but nothing was there. I lifted the blind and suddenly there was this girl there staring in at me, except her face had no features and was swollen and puffy and white.

In the dream, her sudden appearance was so frightening and real, I stepped back and instantly raised the pistol up, pointed it at the face/non-face, and just as I pulled the trigger, the girl turned into my younger sister, who was still in high school and lived with her mom. But it was too late, and the gun went off and I woke up.

About a week later, I got a call that my younger sister, her boyfriend, and her twin (my brother) had been in a car accident. They were getting a ride from a guy they met in youth group - new in town - who apparently had stolen the car (they didn’t know that). A cop tried to pull them over and he ran and wouldn’t let them out. When he saw no other option to get away, he aimed the car for a cliff and floored it (yeah, crazy, i know).

She was really messed up with some internal injuries and a bad broken back. Her boyfriend’s back was broken as well, but my little brother just broke his collarbone and some ribs. I went to see her in the hospital, and I remember how I was most overwhelmed by how she looked. She was usually this petite, pretty girl, but her face so swollen and bloated that it almost consumed her features and you couldn’t recognize her.

It didn’t strike me until later on how closely it resembled the face in my dreams just before I raised the pistol.

Fortunately, she survived this incident, eventually looked like herself again, and moved on with her life.

Just last year, however, I had another dream about my sister. I don’t remember exactly what happened because I didn’t write it down, but I want to say that in the dream she got in another car wreck and died. I remember it was very real.

Whatever it was, I couldn’t get it out of my mind, and it shook me up enough that I called her and left her a message on her phone, “just to check in with her.” She called me back the next day to inform me she’d been in the emergency room because the scarring inside her intestines (from when they removed parts of her intestine from because of the original car accident) had gotten bad and that she’d almost died again as a result. Surgery was needed to remove it.

I’ve had other precog-type dreams and what seemed like shared dreams, but unfortunately, I haven’t been recording all this stuff - mostly due to the fact that I got so frightened last time I kept a dream journal.

I’m going to start again tomorrow morning, and I’ve been trying to lucid dream for the past couple nights. I’m pretty sure I’ve had lucid dreams before. I’ve done a ton of flying in my normal dreams. I’ve also gotten sleep paralysis quite a bit - used to be really common when I was younger - and often wake up with a sudden landing jolt-type sensation after falling (I’ve read some people feel this is falling back into your body after an OBE).

In any event, I’m really enjoying the site and looking forward to some cool results.

i have had these same time of future dreams my whole life while it can be silly like kids talking from the sound of your story i think you have finally had one that is also very accurate and is something you wish you never saw in your dream. prob woke up in middle of sleeping cause of it.i’m guessing now your worried because every other dream you have had about the future has happened and now this one will also.there is really no way to control these types of dreams but you can use this information to help control the things around you but do not try and convince others of it no one ever listens.i have even tried to warn people about certain things and always they never listen and it happens just like i dreamed.but if it is a dream that you are in and not just seeing things that will happen to others you will have the ability to change the outcome of what can happen.pay attention to these dreams but forget about controlling them its an ability few have i realise its as much of a curse as a blessing the best thing you can do is try to use it the best you can.

Yea these kind of dreams are I find intriguing. Assuming accounts are true it seems there is either some correlation or other relationship between dreams and actual events,
or its all coincidence. But even at coincidence it is still astounding.

For example several months ago I had a dream where I was in a hotel Parkin lot finishing talking to my sister about something. I got into my car and tried to start it but it look like 8 or 9 cranks before the motor finally started purring. This was the first dream I have ever had where I started a car and the first time I dreamed about cars in months. The Next day in real life I drove to the beach. Apon leaving the beach my car took around 10 cranks before it roared to life. My car hadnt had starting trouble for at least 6 months prior to this. Either precognitive or very coincidental.

I had another dream where I was in a tabacco outlet with my girlfiend when I saw my friend Dylan. He runs up to me and jumps on me and starts fighting and rough housing with me. Like 2 days later in real life I am at a concert sitting down on a towel when Dylan comes running up and yells my name and jumps on me and my girlfriend and starts hugging and rough housing us, similar to how he acted in the dream. I hadn’t seen Dylan in about 3 months prior to this… Freaky.

My friend always had those too, and something would happen and be would be like WOW! Déjà Vu, I just had a dream last night that this would happen. It was crazy.

I believe that precognitive dreams are legitimate and linked to quantum physics. In 2007 I had a shockingly eerie dream; my dream took place about a week in the future and I seemed to access a memory from between the two points in time.

The event in question was a football match between Tottenham and Watford. Everything I dreamed came true - the score 3-1, and remarkably that Tottenham’s goalkeeper scored the second goal. What makes it stranger is that it’s the only dream of that nature I’ve ever had.

Although it’s really out there, I think we may have mental access to future events under the right circumstances. If any of you are familiar with automatic thought/ writing, I think there’s a more powerful version available in dreams.

I have some ideas about how you could set up this type of dream and would appreciate any input. It would take a kind of failed lucid dream - one where you WBTB and then successfully imagine yourself several days in the future, but don’t achieve lucidity. I think this could channel a stream of automatic thoughts. Please feel free to reply/ try this out.

I’ve had many many precognitive dreams, I was beginning to think I was the only one… until I found this post. Well, I will share some here!

I wrote in my dream journal “Swimming with mom, grandma, Bret - some hotel or resort? Downhill sliding on our butts (me and grandma - then mom and grandma left - then me and Bret went down. waterslide?”
A few days later my mom asked me if I wanted to go with my grandma, her boyfriend and Bret to a resort and hotel. I said of course. Back at this time I did not get to see them often, so I thought it would be alot of fun. We went in the hot tubs, checked out the buffet, and went to the swimming pool. There was a waterslide. Me and my grandma went down the waterslide and then she went with her boyfriend into the hottub, and then me and Bret went down the waterslide. It happened just as my dream had told me it would. When I got home and a few days later I read over my dream journal I was shocked to find that I wrote this. Somehow my dream had predicted the future for me.

From then on I had looked over my dreams carefully and I have noticed so many precognitive events in my dreams. It’s such an amazing phenomenon, I’m going to be experimenting with this more often. I wonder what triggers these types of dreams…

I’ve had seemingly precognitive dreams, too.

The most notable one was in 2001. A few months after 9/11, I had a very ordinary non-lucid dream of driving in my old neighborhood, with my brother. In the distance, we saw a plane suddenly nose-dive out of the sky and crash. I woke up, wrote down the dream, got breakfast, sat down in front of TV and there was a coverage of a plane crash (AA 587) that had happened moments before in Queens, New York.

I’ve thought of this dream as precognitive over the years, rather than as accidentally correlated with the plane crash, because the dream I had was extremely ordinary in every way. The dream had nothing to do with planes or accidents whatsoever until the moment when the plane crashed and I woke up. My brother and I had simply been talking about our lives.

A second somewhat precognitive dream example is a lucid dream I had in college. I became lucid in a classroom with several friends. I tried to talk to them, but one friend looked as if she were in a trance. She didn’t respond and seemed to be very afraid, staring off into the distance. Later that morning I met with the friend in the same classroom. I told her about my “strange dream.” She went white. She told me she’d been having a horrible nightmare that morning—a recurring nightmare she had that always paralyzed her with fear.

Other than that, I’ve had three dreams throughout my life about ordinary events that all happened exactly as I dreamed. One time, the events unfolded immediately after I woke up. The other two times, the dreams and events were separated by a few months.

As the OP, when the events unfolded, I felt myself in a sort of trance, just staring blankly at people saying and doing things I knew they were going to do.

I used to have these types of dreams when I was younger, high school age. They were always so insignificant though, and always involved objects. I would see the object in my dream, and it was always the very next day that I would see it again. I will share with you two I remember. The first, I was a superhero. There was a town on fire, and for some reason I decided the best way to put it out was to fill a bucket of water, pour it on the fire, then fill it up again. The next day I was in home economics and my friend came in, carrying the exact same kind of bucket, a metal one, same size. He asked to use the sink, filled it up and left. I had never once seen anyone fill a metal bucket before in my life. The next dream is very odd. I walked into a huge empty room, and there was nothing in this room except a desk. I walked to the desk and opened the one drawer. It was a huge drawer that took up the whole desk, and it was completely full of matchboxes. The next day, I was at my locker and the guy next to me opened his up. He had tons of matchboxes. I was baffled. I asked him where the heck he got that many matches and why he brought them to school. He said the history teacher had quit and given him all of his matchboxes. He had them because he had this weird lesson where we wrote a story then burned it. It just seems so odd to me that every time I had these object dreams they were so circumstantial. My friend filling up that bucket in that classroom… when there were sinks in many other places in school. The matchbooks… if that teacher didn’t have that weird lesson he would never have had matchboxes at school… and if he hadn’t quit he wouldn’t have given them away… and if I hadn’t been at my locker the same time as that guy I’d never had known his locker was full of matchbooks. It was always out of the ordinary objects too, things you don’t just see lying around.

I am so glad you said this. I am completely obsessed with quantum physics right now. Do you think that it’s possible that the dream that causes the event?

I have one precog dream that I can recall… There was a table with a pile of bags of chips on it. That’s all I recalled. I had walked past the table in the dream and turned to face the table.

Some time later (I think two years) I’m at a party in middle school. I walk by a table and turn around… The two situations line up completely and it scared the crap out of me. :eek:

Since that day I’ve tried to write out as many dreams as possible so as to catch one of the precogs in the act… :razz:

I’ve also had a dream like this, a conversation that I had in a dream later turned out to be exactly the conversation I had in reality, I didn’t notice until it had happen, it also depicted perfectly a room I’d never entered before where this conversation took place, so I couldn’t have just reciprocated the conversation on purpose.

I, personally, think these dreams are great. I don’t think anything in particular brought on the dream so I have had no actions to repeat but I’ve certainly tried my best to have another one of these dreams, if you could have a precognitive dream each night it would be amazing.

I hope it’s okay that I’m posting this a whole year after that last reply! Anyways, I have no idea what I believe on a whole, so I’m not really biased to believe anything, but I have also experienced dreams that predicted events in some way or another. I really understood what the original poster was talking about, seeing an exact scene as it unfolded. I get a lot of deja vu like that, where it’s just like everyone’s in the exact same spot and saying the same thing and I just know I’ve seen the exact same thing before.

Moreover, a few years ago, I had an intense experience. One night, out of nowhere, I had this really horrible nightmare. I don’t really get nightmares, and sometimes I had dreams that are scary but I just don’t feel fright in the dream. This dream wasn’t usual for me at ALL. In this dream, I had accidentally killed my sister because there was a bomb in my guitar and I threw it in her direction to get rid of it because I hadn’t seen her there. It blew up and my little sister exploded into thick, gushy blood and it was very vivid. I woke up with an immense feeling of fright, and an uncontrollable shaking and I couldn’t get over it by just laying there. My teeth chattered very loudly. I had to go get my mom to come lie with me for a while until I calmed down (I was in grade 9). The next day, I discovered that my friend’s mother, who had been battling cancer for some years at the time, had passed away. It was a very intense while because I had never experienced such fright and then sadness, so I automatically made the connection with these events.

So, that’s what happened to me. Now, I take my nightmares very seriously. Although, I don’t know if there’s an exact correlation, or if there is it’s much more vague, because I don’t recall waking from a bad nightmare around the time my uncle died and that was a much harder time for me, yet about a month ago I had this nightmare that woke me up (not as bad, but still dreams, mostly never wake me up) and nothing has really happened in a big intense way. I mean, my life has changed because I graduated and didn’t return to school and the dream did happen around the beginning of September when I should have gone to school so maybe there is a correlation there. I’m not sure.

It’s a very complicated subject, but fun to consider! Who knows if these are simply coincidences? They are quite strange and fascinating anyway. Maybe we do have gifts.

I’ve had 2 precognitive dreams in my life.
first. The dream: My mother in law brought a blue and yellow rosary for my boyfriend (which happens to be the colours of his favorite football team) with the team’s logo on it, saying that his aunt chela (he had 5 at the time) had send it to him as a gift.
Waking time: The following day, i went to my bf’s house and my mother in law tells me “did i show u what chela sent marcelo (my bf)?” and i said: “yes, its a rosary” and she was like o.O because she had brought it a couple of hours bfore i got home. when i saw her reaction i told her exacly how the rosary looked like but then i remembered it was just a dream. she went to her room and brought the rosary with tears in her eyes, and obviously when i saw it i got tears in mine .

my second dream of this kind was a little cryptic.
in my dream, there was a white cat, who happened to had his right front foot injured and in my dream i kept saying “oh my god abondancieri get up! are u hurt?” (i have to mention that abondancieri is a goalkeeper for my bf’s football team)
so i checked on the internet what a white cat meant…it said “injury or illness”
that was on a wednesday…
Waking time on sunday … the goalkeeper’s right hand is stepped on by another player who breaks it, the goalkeeper was there on the floor and people were asking him how he was and if he could get up"