A few of the things I enjoy, in no particular order.
- Talking to Dream Characters, ask them to critisize you, (and they are brutally honest), or learning something about them and why they’re in your dream.
- Reading lyrics or listening to music that doesn’t exist in real life.
- Visiting an art museum for inspiration.
- Trying forms of hard drugs that you would never do in real life. Acid is particularly interesting, and I’ve been told so is injecting adrenaline.
- Driving, (I’m 16, and don’t have much experience)
- Play nonexistent videogames.
- Eat large meals.
- Summon a DC be your personal assistant. Tell them to teleport you places and/or bring something to you. This saves quite a bit of precious LD time that you usually spend looking for X to do Y. If they don’t do it or say they can’t, ask them to give you directions to do it yourself.
- (starting in Tell them to bring you to a room full of fantasy weapons. Pick a weapon. I have a recurring weapon DC’s refer to as the “Beesting Katana”, which is a sparkling black steel blade, and red/white striped handle. My favorite however, is a Polearm I was told is called the “Kiss-Me Trident”, and it generally is a silver-sky blue battle fork. (Terribly lame, I know Anyways, tell your DC to take you to a beautiful dreamscape that is inhabited by hideous monsters and enjoy the catharsis.