The BIG miyazaki topic!

Too all Miyazaki fans out there:
Here is a topic for you!!! :partying_face:
And too all of you hwo have seen a miyasaki move but did not know it was one here is the intire move list:

1. Castle of Cagliostro
  2. Wally of the wind
  3. The castle in the sky.
  4. My nabor Totoro
  5. Kiki’s dilivery service
  6. Porrco Roso
  7. Prinsses Monenoke
  8. Spirited Awey
  9. Howl’s Mowing Castle

The man is a genious!
He was the only director whose adaptation of a book to the cinema (Howl’s Mowing Castle) was better than the real book!

I won’t let you misspell these movie titles. And you left some of them out. :puh:
Lupin III (TV series)
Conan, the Boy of the Future
Lupin III: Castle of Cagliostro
Sherlock Hound (only some episodes)
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
Laputa (The Castle in the Sky)
My Neighbor Totoro
Kiki’s Delivery Service
Porco Rosso
On Your Mark (music video)
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Howl’s Moving Castle
That’s what he directed. (I left out the weird little TV spots)

No way, no way! How dare you say that anything by my favourite author is anything less than perfect! :razz:

Having said that, I really enjoyed Miyazaki’s version of Howl’s Moving Castle as well. It wasn’t better than the book (I’ve never read anything better than Diana Wynne Jones’ work… ooh, except maybe Garth Nix, perhaps), but I certainly wasn’t disappointed with it. Both were very good!

Loved Spirited Away, too. I was personally responsible for getting at least three people totally addicted to that movie, thanks to my copy of it on DVD. :tongue:

LOL. Makes me think of a giant lawnmower. Go typos. :wink:

The 6 first but after that they got some copyright problems and when they were solved they changed every one working on it.

OMG i saw “Kiki” “Mononke” “Spirited away”(that was my fave and next came KIKI) and i want to see Castle in the sky proco rosso and my neigbor totorois that the one about the cats?) and the new one howls moving castle.

Princess Mononoke is an unspeakably beautiful film. And a great dub too! :smile:

Damn, I should have gone to see Moving Castle at the cinema while I had a chance. I just thought maybe the whole “floating castle” thing had been overdone in anime (looked kinda similar to Laputa to me) but my bad. I also didnt know it’s an adaptation of a classic book.

Anime and dubs cant go together… not ever…

Heheh well yes, but as anime dubs go it was good.

I mean dude, Gillian Anderson as the Wolf God! DUDE! :tongue:

Ooh, Mayazaki–I own all of his movies on DVD :content:!

Sometimes, they’re what spark my ideas :wink:!

But, forget the dubs–I live in Japan–don’t need 'em…I just don’t like dubs. If I have to, I’ll just teach myself the language so I don’t need to watch through a dubbed-version (though they can be good for a laugh :smile:).

BTW: I’m not Japanese–I’m Korean :wink:.

I do not like the miazaki and studio gibli dubs disney did.
The worst thing abut them is that disney ad quotes that is not in the original verson!!
My favorites are Prinsses Mononoke, Wally of the wind (Atleased the manga) and My naighbor Totoro (totoros are not cats(but it is a cat in that move)).
[/quote]