weird thing...

Last night I had a really long dream, I cant remember most of it, but I remember that at one part of the dream, I “woke up” and started writing about the dream in my dream diary, but I did this in the dream, and it wasnt a “false awakening” because It wasnt me doing it, it was like, the character of me doing it, if you understand what I mean- it was all still part of the same dream.
The annoying thing is that I didnt get lucid…

Another time, I had a dream where I was trying to have a lucid dream, lol, It was short but I remember, in the dream I was about to go to sleep so I could try and have an LD, and thats all I can remember of that dream…

But this lack of success is frustrating, considering how hard Ive been trying,
the only thing Ive managed to be able to do is make myself wake up in the night without using an alarm…

:sad:

Dont worry, we all experience these frustrations as we get more and more experienced in LD. These things show you that your subconscious gets the message.

Heh, ive had a few similar experiences. Like one time i was doing an RC with my hand in an dream, saw it as blurry and kept looking at it until it looked normal. :cry: …Cant count how many times ive talked about LD in a normal dream. :tongue:

An idea is to take advantage of these frustrations, by conditioning technique into situations that reflect such, so that they reflect in the frustrations. An example would be to do a fully conscious RC when you record your dreams. Another would be to do a fully conscious RC when you wake up (which is probably more better). By fully conscious RC i mean actually seriously convincing yourself that such may in fact be a dream (the hand experience above taught me this). Such self-conditioning requires self discipline and patience but totally pays off.

Good luck :smile:

But it was a false awakening" It seemed to you (although you didn’t think about it) that you’de woken up!

isnt a false awakening where your actually conscious though?

Because this was all still part of the dream, and, just as unclear…

A false awakening is where you wake up in the morning, get ready for shower or work and whatnot…eating breakfast or not…changing clothes…you know the usual routine that most people go thru that they do out of habit, whatever. Then you wake up.

Its almost like youre really really tired to the point that youre not aware, its just pure routine, like a zombie or something. Making RC’s or something (like always questioning if youre still dreaming when you wake…) a part of that routine, though :smile: , makes them far less a waste of dream-time than they are. :content: