what are WILD signs

I’ve started interesting myself to LD yesterday on a random forum in which i saw a LD related post. I spent the whole day finding documentation and I decided to use WILD as my “technique”. When I tried yesterday, I just fell asleep and lost consciousness and I think it was because I couldn’t recognize signs that I was falling asleep while staying conscious

So my question is: What are the signs to know you’re falling asleep?

I have quite a few, but I’m not sure if I can rememeber then right now but I’ll give it a try.

• muscle twitches
  • hear some weird noise
  • hypnagogic imagery
  • random thoughts popping into my mind
  • my body goes numb
  • my hearing temporarily goes away

Think that’s about it for me. Which of those I get depend on what I’m focusing on at the moment.

these are the only ones i’ve ever had while attempting(unsuccessfully tho)

• muscle twitches
  • hear some weird noise
  • hypnagogic imagery ×
  • random thoughts popping into my mind ×(allways)
  • my body goes numb
  • my hearing temporarily goes away

so, not that good at it right?

OK, tried again last night and this time it semt to work, but when I do “1, I am dreaming, 2, i am dreaming” It works but after a time it gets harder to focus on so I concentrate more on it and it seems to stop me from falling asleep…am I doing it right?

As the counting gets harder and harder to conventrate on, just stop, but without concious effort, just trail off as counting gets harder, and look at the (hopefully) HI or the hypnagoic sounds, and soon enough you should be in dreamland :content:

Ok I’ll try that tonight or sooner if I decide to take a nap, thanks.

don’t concentrate on stuff too hard, just keep counting but don’t force it, if you’r mind starts to drift, let it:P if you see black and white shapes, passively look at it, try to ignore anny sound you might hear well, let me say it like this, ignore everything:P

But if you try to ignore them, wont you lose consciousness???

ehh ,maybe, i dunno:P

:razz: I guess i’ll have to find out on my own then :neutral:

yea, allso, keep an eye out for unusual stuff in your dream, like, if you swim, try opening your eyes, if you can see clearly, you’re dreaming, if you somehow find yourself in need of clothes, you are probably dreaming, try to find out your dreamsigns and do an RC when you see one, those are the best ways to detect a dream and to become lucid in a dream

One last thing. I can’t understand the concept of just looking at things without getting involved. Are there ways to refrain yourself from doing that?