Where is it ?

we dream, it is real, then it fades and we are here ,
is it really as simple as a day-dream ? is the way to forever be lucid, training the imagination to such an extent that we can see, create, and be one with an image, and then step into it, and play ?

this place of lucidity holds tremendous treasures and mysteries,
where is it, and why should it be that we must fall asleep to get there ?

perhaps sleep is the grandest experience of meditation, and our goal is to simply be present, as it unfolds and reveals us unto ourselves, and that, because sleep occurs for so many hours, it is endless chances to explore deep freedom, that lucidity in waking contrast would not have

i see what you are saying and i think that i understand it. to achieve total paradise we have to do something as simple as sleep. this also blows my mind.

"where is it, and why should it be that we must fall asleep to get there ? "

The idea that it has to be ‘somewhere’ only comes to being because of our society.

Perhaps the best simple demonstration I can think of is The Matrix, as if the ‘dream place’ is the real world and we actually sleep as we come ‘here’. Try turning the two around and see where your mind ends up in. as if we have to fall asleep to get to here instead of the way around —> when we get tired, we actually just need to get back home for a restart… makes sense ?.. after all, when you’re dreaming, you can talk to everyone… you’re here , there, and everywhere…

“perhaps sleep is the grandest experience of meditation, and our goal is to simply be present, as it unfolds and reveals us unto ourselves, and that, because sleep occurs for so many hours, it is endless chances to explore deep freedom, that lucidity in waking contrast would not have”

How do you define sleep ?

loss of conscious awareness ?

Being present and being asleep are two very different things. If i get your sleep definition…

freedom is always here. you just have to open your eyes ^^