Meeting the DEAD in your dream

Are you sure this just isn’t the emotion for meating someone who has been losed for a long time, just your sub-c being tricked, while you know better?

I don’t mean to disagree (but seem good at it).

A trick of the subconscious you mean? Sure, why not. That’s why I’m an atheist on monday, wednesday and friday. :wink:

But it is very powerful to the extent that it almost feels tangible. That’s why I’m a believer the rest of the week. :tongue:

What you could do as a test is to ask them something that you don’t know that you could find out about. E.g. If it was a dead grandparent, you could ask them what your mum did for her tenth birthday, remember it (if possible) then ask your mum. This will work as long as you pick something that you’re sure no one has told you before.

You would then be sure, if it is correct, that is not your subconscious.
But besides the possibility of being the real person, there still could be some other entity which has the knowledge to trick you… (IMHO this would be an evil spirit attempting to impersonate the dead person)

I suggest not to initiate a communication i.e. don’t try to dream this. If you dream it, then it isn’t something you started yourself so that should lessen the chance of deception.

Hey guys…

Interesting topic you started there… Kind of came through with a little touch of synchronicity.

Over at Sea Life, our current project is ‘DREAMING WITH THE DEPARTED’. I’ve had a number of contacts with the departed in dreams, even lucid adventures to go and meet departed family. The best way to learn about the topic is experience. I’ve also included some sample techhniques, from Robert moss’ book dreamgates, as to how to visit the departed in dreams:

dreamofpeace.net/sealife/viewtopic.php?t=677

we’d be very happy to have new dreamers with us on this project. pleawse feel free to join up :smile:

I am familiar with the deception theory. My ex religion used to believe this as they believed the dead would only rise at the return of Christ and be “asleep” until then. Since I now disagree with the basics of that religion (and most others) I no longer feel the need to attribute evil spirits with communication with the dead. My ex religion would attribute evil spirits to almost all paranormal phenomena which I find tiresome and steeped in ignorance and dogma. Besides, my subconscious is quite capable of deceiving me all on it’s (my) own. :tongue: Still, I will keep the possibility in mind.

Thanks for the link Explora. I’ll have to go through it later. Too tired at the moment.

i have an idea for a test but you have to believe in spirit communications for that (mediums = ppl who can talk to the deceased irl)

so what you could do is when you have a dream in which a deceased spirit appears - remember it, don’t tell anybody about it. write it down to not forget it.

then, go to a medium, ask if he/she can contact that spirit for you and then see if the spirit can confirm your dream and tell about specific things only you could have seen in your dream.

this is what frederik van Eeden did, he had a clairvoyant friend and he would dream of a dead girl (can’t remember if she was family or not) and then the clairvoyant would confirm the dream.

for me - if i have seen somebody ‘dead’ in your dream i always know it is real because those dreams have a different feel to it. But sometimes it is hard to believe and your radical mind is very good in dismissing it.

The Ancient lucid dreamers… people called " shaman " used to lucid dream for one of the main purpose of meeting their dead relatives

This group of people were Kind of like Native Indians

• just thought i’d inform you guys about them-- there’s alot more about them that you could learn if you search about them on search engines–but yeah, they also used to do this…

Yeah, was it those people who also had those dream catcher things?

i really dont kno alex… but it would make sense though

but i heard that was more of a native indian thing… :shrug:

yeah you’re probably right

What if your sub-c remembers, but you can’t? Your sub-c is preety good at creating coisodences.

So I have formulated one based on your idea. It requires a low level of hymotism.

Get a peice of paper, and fold it twice, so that when you open it you have a plus like sign. Draw with pencil where these lines are.
Get a peice of cotton about as long as 20 cm. Tie a coin (with a hole) or a ring to one end of it.

Firstly you must relax for a while, i dunno, 5 minuets. Just to get comfortable.

Now pick up the bare end and swing the object tied towards and away from you, saying “yes” repeatedly in a calm voice.

Now swing the cotton from side to side and say “no” repeatedly. So this until you are sure you know what yes looks like and what no looks like.

Now hold the object as still as you can in the centre, where the lines cross. Ask yourself a basic question aloud you know the answer to. I.E: is my name Mr.Bush. If your name isn’t Mr.Bush (whch I very much doubt it is) then after a while of holiding the cotton as still as you can you hand will swing in the correct direction unoptionaly

Blaa, blaaa… Now have an LD, meet your dead person, ask them a question that you don’t think you know the answer to. Now, when you awake do my little test, you are littraly asking your sub-c questions.

Ok so you ask the dead person a question in your dream then what are you meant to ask your subconscious?
And the problem with this is if you only ask a few questions there is still a reasonable chance that it is only chance. 50-50 for one question 25-75 for two etc. And what is to stop your subconscious from lying to you?

Well, I wasn’t dreaming of dead persons until my grandmother died, then just as close persons died, I started dreaming them. There were at least three kind of dreams

“good bye” dreams as like 40days after death to see with them last time on this earth.
“aware” dreams when dead person tried to warn me of some danger or some other relevant thing.

very dangerous
“aparittions” where actualy other entity try to aproach as dead person you know. I had all three kind of these.

So try to be careful to distinct these dreams as they come, cuz messing with dead could be harmful imo, also I’m very assured these were real soul entities of persons I knew in other two cases. Nobody will make me think these are my minds creations.

Hi Manko,

could you tell more of those goodbye dreams? Are they all from ppl you know (have known) or you have it also with total strangers?

how do you make the difference between the aparitions and the real dead person you know?

These were all people I knew well, it hapenned in that 40 days window

My father, my aunt, and my high school friend (yes she died young). There was good bye because they visit me in my dream in the room where I was sleeping, and thay came to say good bye exactly, they all try to hug me. My father was with another man who was like waiting for him to come and tried to comfort him and encourage in a way.

My aunt came to pack her clothes like going on trip, I even carried her lugage but till one boundary when she said I can’t go further. This was exactly what I dreamt.

Of course there were all one by one separate dreaming in time about 40 days after they died. 1999 2000 2003, respectively.

beautiful dreams manko :smile:

What about those apparitions? You said they can take the form of dead ppl you know, but they are not. How can you tell the difference?
And what can you do to send them away?

I also had an experience like this:
My grand father died in Ecuador while I was in Belgium and I didnt know it. Some days after his death I dreamt of him saying me good by and that he was “ready to go” he told me other things I cant remember. When I woke up I told my mother and the next day my father called from Ecuador to tell us what happend.

Yes, usually dying of someone you know makes a gallery of sideeffects not only in dreams, but that’s not topic here. Aparition thing was in my father’s shape, and it looked exactly like him, but when I started conversation it stopped to answer me right way, so I suspected in the entity behind to be satanic or demonic, I pronounced as clear as I could
“in the name of the father and son and holy spirit amen” as I read somewhere it’s the only way possible to get rid of it. And so it was. apparition seemed terrified and dissapeared.
I posted this:
in “the stuff dreams are made of /the last good-bye topic”

manko…are you saying all this from a religous point of view,
meaning are you deeply religious?
Or is this all unbiased ?