3 DILD's, 3 Awakenings

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I might aswell update this one than start a new one.

I still havn’t had a ‘proper’ LD. I have realised that I am dreaming loads of times, about 3-4 times every week. Last night I realised I was dreaming twice. This is what happened:

I was talking to a friend and he was telling me that he had a LD last night and he was telling me how cool it was and stuff. Then I thought to myself wouldn’t it be cool if I was dreaming now and then I said “as a matter of fact I am dreaming now!”. The dream seemed to instantly end and I was lieing in my bed with SP. The SP wore off after about 20 seconds.

I went back to sleep and for some reason I was in the same dream that I had just woke up from. I was walking along a corridor with my friend who was still telling me about his LD and what he did in it and stuff and then I said “I’m dreaming again!” and then just like before the dream instantly ended and I was in SP. I stayed in SP for what seemed like 10 minutes trying to do all of the techniques that I have read on these forums and none of them seemed to work. I then got bored of being in SP and forced myself out of it.

So I have had like 30-40 DILD’s since I found out about lucid dreaming and I still havn’t had a proper LD!

What do you suggest I do? Is it possible that my brain isn’t compatible with lucid dreams?!

Thanks.

So your problem, if I understand well, is that your LD’s last about 20 seconds and then you’re in SP without being able to obtain a LD from this state ?

20 seconds? I wish… the second I realise I am dreaming the dream just seems to end. On the first few times that I realised I was dreaming I got excited and thought that waking up was normal. I have now had like 30-40 DILD’s and I still keep going into SP when I realise I am dreaming.

I would love to try a stabilisation technique but I can’t stay in the dream to try one!

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks.

What do you exactly mean by SP? Are you really paralyzed? Do you experience vibrations? What are your feelings and sensations during this state?

You might try the autosuggestion technique. For instance, when you’re lying in bed in the evening, repeat to yourself that you WILL become lucid this night and that your LDs WILL last longer than usual. Keep repeating it until you fall asleep, but the most important aspect is that you really believe what you’re saying. Don’t just ramble it, but put strength in your intention and almost will it to happen.
A more powerful technique might be self-hypnosis. It’s very similar to autosuggestion with the difference that during selfhypnosis you have to put yourself in a very relaxed state, almost in SP. Let your body and your mind become totally serene, yet without falling asleep. If any thoughts appear, don’t fight them actively but watch them passively from the perspective of a silent watcher. Once you’re sufficiently relaxed, say to yourself that you’ll count to 10, and when you get there, you’ll have total dream control (or full dream stability, or similar intentions). Repeat it a few times and then start counting very slowly. Make sure the counting is synchronised with your slow breathing, like “inhale/1…exhale/(repeat your intention)…inhale/2…etc…” The closer you get to 10, the stronger your intention and belief should be that whatever you repeat, WILL effectively happen. When you finally get to 10, make sure you’ll have the genuine feeling that your intentions ARE coming true, and that you’ve succeeded in your selfhypnosis practice. Then, say to yourself that you’ll slowly wake up from the deep relaxation/trance, but without losing all the intentions you’ve made, once you count back from 10 to 1. When you get to 1, slowly awake from the relaxation, move a few muscles and slowly get up. If you like, you can repeat this selfhypnosis a few time during the day. Also, do it every day because it may take a few days or so before you notice any changes.

Hope this might help :smile:

Good luck!

Full blown SP, I can’t move at all. Vibrations pulsating through out my body as if I was being electrocuted. I normally feel as if I am slowly sinking into my bed.

Thanks, I will try that. :smile:

Theorically there are methods in order to obtain a LD from a full blown SP. They are based upon inducing a mental movement. You can for instance increase your falling feeling, or spin, or roll out of your bed, etc.

Good luck! :smile:

Mystic, when I do the hypnosis you described above, can I do it before falling asleep? I mean, if I’ve reached 10, can I just not awake from the relaxation state and just fall asleep? Thanks in advance :smile:

Yes you can do it before falling asleep, but it’s always best to count back from 10 to 1 and wake up from the hypnosis. Because, then you have more chance of getting your intentions firmly imprinted in your subconsciousness. If you don’t do it and let yourself fall asleep while still in the hypnotic relaxation, there’s a good chance that some of the power of your message dissolves and gets lost. So if you want to do it before falling asleep, first wake up from the relaxation and thén fall asleep properly :smile: