3 weeks or so to dedicate to lucidity - any suggestions?

In a couple days I will be traveling to Australia for three weeks or so, and I will have no work and no Internet access. I really want to devote some serious time to practicing lucid dreaming, and I think this is a good time to do so.

I’ll tell you about my lucid history:

I’ve been practicing for a number of years (embarrassing, I know), on and off. I have yet to ‘break through’ and have a good lucid dream. My total is about 40 or 50 lucid dreams, maybe more, but they have all been short and not terribly vivid, probably due to them happening right at the end of my last REM cycle. I have tried a whole lotta techniques, but I think part of my problem is that I don’t keep it up long enough. I recently kept a dream journal seriously for the first time, for about three months. By the end of that time I could remember about 15 mins to half an hour of one dream per night… pretty much the same as when I began. I stopped about a week ago. I can meditate or WILD to a point where I get short ‘dream-flashes’ where I forget my body and become absorbed in some random illusion, but they go as soon as I realize that its happening. I don’t really know if that’s useful though. In the dreams that I recall, I seem to be aware that I am dreaming at all times, but rarely make the leap to an actual proper LD.

So basically my ‘plan’ right now is:
-to meditate at least once a day, often on lucid dreaming
-to attempt WILD often, usually 4-5 hours after falling asleep at night
-to attempt to fall asleep every night thinking about lucid dreaming
-to keep a dream journal

My current long term goal with LD induction are pretty much to be able to LD at will, but also to induce as many LDs as possible by whatever method along the way.

Does anyone have any comments/suggestions pertaining to this hopefully successful and intensive LD course?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I’m now also planning to do regular reality checks, and perhaps take some B6.

Well, that is not emberrasing. Many people have problems ‘breaking through’, like me.

And on the question, I think you do everything very well. You just could add more standard things like WBTB-ing and stuff. And maybe you trie to LD just too hard for a long time and you need a break, paying no specific attention to dreams. :smile:

Maybe you should try MILD if your having trouble.

You could also use BenDrummin58’s Infinity LD program : D

Yeah. Add Infinity and Paradiso to your lists. Great Programs which are sure to give Fantastic dreams.

What program is that? Can you give me a link to it? Thanks.

There.

i used it. its a good program.

Focus more on DILDs. Use MILD/autosuggestion when you practice WBTB, and don’t forget autosuggestion works better when you’re on the verge of falling asleep. Try to find dreamsigns in your DJ and use them with MILD or autosuggestion. Perform 5 to 10 RC’s during the day and be really certain you’ve understood the good way of performing them (if you’re unsure, read the LD4all LD’ing Guide again). Don’t rely on programs, B6 and stupid helpers, develop your own confidence in yourself and in your own capability of getting LD’s. Lucidity is consciousness, it cannot be made in your place nor it can’t be automatized.

It’s perhaps due to the fact your LD’s were distant from each other. Use prolonging techniques: the first thing you have to do in a LD is looking at your hands. When you begin to lose lucidity, stare at them again. If you lose visuals, rub your hands or spin. If you spin, do a RC just after your spinning. By taking the habit of practising this regularly in your LD’s, they’ll get longer and longer.

Good luck! :smile:

Mabye it wouldn’t be a bad idea to try not to worry about lucid dreaming the last day. Giving up works a lot of times, I’ve had one like that before. Mabye it’ll work for you too.