5x=10 then x=2

Hello guys. The reason for the simple algebra on the title was because of a method that I love. WMB (wake, math, bed). It’s the process of waking up in the middle of the night and doing some math that you had already made the night before. After doing this set the lucid intention by chanting a mantra a few times then go back to bed. This method works so well!!! I would like for anyone who reads this EVEN YOU to try this technique tonight. No matter what just please try this and respond. You will see the success rate. At least I did!! So please try this and respond on your story of what happened. :smile:

Sounds like a good idea, getting the logic part of the brain working. I’ll try this tonight (when my autosuggestion WILL wake me up XD ).

/me tries this.

SPOILER - Click to view

easy :razz:

I attempted this method before but never got much success out of it. i’ll try again though!

Oh, I noticed that I got better recall during the nights of math text writing with latex.
(and for some reason I was in a university :meh: )

SPOILER - Click to view

/me will be using Maxima during WBTB to solve problems like Mew said.

Strange you should mention that. The idea is not just math, math is a collection of languages. The function of the human mind is to process information, and it does so through languages. So, one of the key components of lucidity, one will find almost never mentioned, is the quest for truth in thought and deed.

I have discovered a new form of mathematics. I have learned the distinction between Logics and Analogics. I am logging my progress with understanding the analogic by video presentations. The process is a development in geometry, where one can take an equation and write it geometrically. Thus one can do what has never been done before even in geometry, project a point geometrically, when one does not know how to find it from a given figure.

I have had two visions in my life, I started lucid dreaming when a child. One effect I noticed during the vision is the speed of thought, time seemed to stand still. I learned that analogic is faster than logic can ever be.

Needless to say, I don’t relate well with most people unless I hide. Trying to find a companion in the work seems now, out of the question. However, feel free to offer feedback on the work.

I post it under Philosopher8659 on Youtube. You will find some work there before I realized the language and elementary work on the language.

I also post on the internet archive under johnclark8659.

Lucidity is a practice not only while asleep but also when awake. One has to understand that the human mind has a job to do, and it is evolving to do that job.

I’ve been trying this for about two nights and it seems to help my recall and vividness, so im going to keep trying

Sorry for the revival, but last night I had a ND and a FA that I used lots of math and I didn’t get lucid. Maybe it helps recall, because I remember the formula accurately.

I’ve tried this tonight using the free iPhone app, called ‘Smile Alarm’. It’s an alarm that can play your MP3 collection as alarm sound, but in order to make it stop, you have to solve a number of puzzles, calculations and/or games. It’s intended to force you to wake up and get out of bed, but I’ve used it re-activate my logical part of my brain at 6:00AM and then going back to sleep. 1,5 hours later I did have a LD, which was the first in 2 weeks or so. (Only downside was that I had configured it incorrectly, forcing me to solve so many puzzles/calculations, that I had a hard time falling back to sleep).

BTW, it’s not my first time that I’ve had a lucid dream after having to solve a logical problem half way during the night, so for me it seems to work. It makes sense that getting your logical part of your brain to wake up with a puzzle/math is like doing a WBTB, but without having to get out of bed.

By the way, the idea itself to use math to kick-start your brain and get lucid isn’t new, though:

https://community.ld4all.com/t/new-ld-technique-called-wmbtb-discovred-by-alex-curtis/34957

https://community.ld4all.com/t/the-secret-to-having-lds-every-night/33678

Edited into previous post :mattias: