A dream in a dream

So, this is an odd circumstance.
I was dreaming last night, I had a friend over my house, and apparently he knew how to “Travel anywhere in your dreams”.

[Sidenote: Before sleeping I repeated a dream scenario
                   in my head for VILD. Which was 'telling a
                   friend about a reality check & how to do it.]

So, In my dream, I go to sleep. We end up w/ some friends and we go through this terminal type thing, and end up on a large mountain / hill thing in Mexico, surrounded by a beautiful valley / gorge type area, and the sun is setting. I tell my friend, Oh yeah! If you close one eye and look at your nose and can’t see it, then you’re dreaming. So, I did just that, and It was kinda blurry, I tried again and both my eyes closed lol. I obviously knew I was dreaming… in that dream.

Then I awoke from the dream inside my dream.

Anyway, any tips on what to do if this happens again? The whole dream inside a dream thing. Or if there is something I can do about it? I think I might be able to get the same dream scenario, it’s easy enough.

Thanks a lot guys :content:

Dreams within Dreams are a fairly rare occurence. (I’d like to distinguish a False Awakeing from a Meta-Dream, even though they’re practically the same.) But I doubt if you could prevent this [dreams within dreams] from happening, unless you get lucid before falling asleep in your ND.

Refer to:
Dream Inside Dream
Meta Dreams (was Hi!)

hm, this is a very interesting topic. I think I might have had this happen to me once before. Although I agree that it is different from a false awakening, I think you could make up for it a bit by treating it as such.

In other words, whenever you awaken, do a RC. That way when you wake up from your dream within a dream you would do a RC and realize you are still dreaming and get to continue your lucidity.