A Few Questions, help would be appreciated!

I’m very new to lucid dreaming, having never been able to experience it myself unfortunately but read alot about it…

I’ve read about the different techniques and although WILD seems like the most convincing and almost ‘foolproof’ technique if you can get it right, as stupid as I sound, I’m actually a bit scared to try it yet… I would try using RC’s but my dreams are VERY random, and there’s no recurring symbols or themes that I could use!

So, I’d just like to ask a few questions, sorry if they’re around here somewhere I’m new to the boards!

1. With WILD, during SP, is it actually impossible to move at all? Because that would scare the living daylights out of me! Once in SP, is it easy to ‘pull yourself out of it’ or do you have to let it pass sorta thing?
  2. Once in a lucid dream/OBE is it easy to wake yourself, or again, do you have just let it happen?
  3. Once in a lucid dream, do you feel as if you are actually in reality…? Do you feel like you are actually in a body etc…
  4. How difficult is WILD to actually achieve?

Thanks for anyone who can help, greatly appreciated!!!

Well, SP means paralysis from name :bored: . You cannot move then.

I never had a OoBE, so i cannot say a thing about it :eh: . And most times there is no problems to wake up in LD (you need to do RC after waking up, FA thing)

In most yes. But you can also transform yourself, or in wicked dreams, not have body at all :eek: . Movie-like dreams, for example.

It depends. It might be easy for you, but very hard to do for someone other. THIS might be useful :tongue:.

First off, you don’t need to have any recurring symbols or themes in your dreams to make RC’s work. They can help, but on the other hand, there are people who have lots of recurring symbols or themes and can’t seem to use them to get lucid. :sad: It is a lot more important to convince yourself that you will become lucid. There are enough people here who also say that even though they did lots of RC’s and worked very hard at learning dream symbols and themes, when they get lucid, it just happens. They might do RC’s in the dream, but more to incress lucidity, and stablize the dream.
In general, most people get their first LD faster with RC’s and MILD then with WILD.
That said, if you want to try WILD, here are a few tips. :content:
First, WILD is a lot easyer if you do it with WBTB, or when you take a nap durring the day. If you try it when you go to bed at night, you will be fighting yourself because your body wants to go into deep sleep where you don’t dream, or have fuzzy dreams that are hard to remember. After about six hours of sleep, or durring the day when you take a nap, it is much easyer to go directly into REM sleep.
To your SP questions. Yes, in SP you can’t move at all, however if you start getting real scared, then it will probably end very fast. Also it is nothing new. You have SP every night when you sleep. It is just that with WILD you might be “awake” in your mind when it starts. I have not yet had SP, even though I do WILD, and most of my ( very few, very short ) LD’s have come from WILD. One of the most important parts of WILD is remaining calm no matter what happens. Some people have a lot of problems doing that. :tongue: I do think that from what I have read here that more people have problems remaining calm when the have HH, then with SP. That could also be because HH happens to just about everyone, and SP doesn’t. It could also be because HH can be hearing your parents calling your name. That brings a lot of people out of the calm relaxed state you need for WILD. :grin:
Waking up is generaly more of a problem in trying not to insted of trying to with begging LD’ers. :grin: Don’t worry, if you want to wake up, you normaly can, also it is just a dream and nothing bad can really happen to you. :wink:
LD’s can be just as real as WL. First LD’s may not be so vivid and generealy don’t last long, but with practice they can be great. :cool_laugh:
The dificulty with WILD depends on you. There are people here who had success with WILD on the first or second try. There are some here who did a WILD by accident. :eh: Others have been trying for over a year without success. You will only know how dificult it is for you when you try. In general, it helps if you have had a few LD’s befor you try WILD. Meditation, and selfhypnose can also help with WILD.
don