A Little Bit About Motivation!

I tend to wake up several times during the night if I go to sleep early, and it’s always the same story:
“wohoo, I remember a few segments of the dream, BUT! it isn’t that much, so I’ll just skip it and fall asleep again :woo:”.

I am usually like that too, but I found it much easier if I record those segments on my smartphone and then later I can record that in my DJ. And when I’m recording it for the second time I usually get more segments then when I record it for the first time.

Dreamers usually think that they will lose sleep and that they will feel sleepy in the morning if they wake up and record their dreams but they will not in most cases. Well it could be that you will feel like that but then you need to work your way around it, I guess…

Same thing with me, but sometimes I do it with even longer dreams. I need to up my game, and start writing every single dream I have again. No matter how boring they are.

I’ll try what QuestingForLucidity is doing (telling himself that he’ll write his dreams as soon as he wakes up). Hopefully that’ll make me less of a lazy butt.

Sometimes for better DR dreamers wake up from a lucid dream intentionally just to record what they dreamed, specially if they feel like they could lose lucidity or that they were dreaming for some time and they might lose first minutes of the dream…

I think that this is good way of actually boost your DR also awareness…

That’s what I usually do with long lucid dreams. Unless I get smacked in the face with an FA.

Yeah, there’s always a FA! :grin:

Thread’s active! :biggrin:

Well, on the subject of physical versus digital DJs, everyone’s preferred and effective techs are bound to differ. For two years I worked with a physical DJ, and one thing that always got me was having to write a wall of text… Twice. My hand would hurt by the time I had finished writing (with my horrible handwriting) out my dreams on paper, and THEN I would have little to no motivation to post them on the forums as I would have had to retype them.

That’s changed now. When my second journal filled up I resolved to switch entirely over to using computer software to record my dreams. As far as I can tell, it’s been equally as effective. The only issue is turning on the compy, loading the program, starting to type. Generally by step three some sort of information loss has occurred and the detail isn’t as fine. Also you can’t do this from your bed in the middle of the night unless your computer’s always on. :tongue:

DreamDiver: Congratulations! Funny how the mind works, isn’t it? :wink:

Why do so many people have something against False Awakenings?
I mean come on, False Awakenings pretty much give you free LD opportunities, all you need to do is perform a few RC’s and you will notice that it is a dream. :eh: :tongue: :content:

Hahah, good one. I mean I don’t hate them, I like them because they challenge you in the ways that no situation can…

Well, I guess FA’s can be quite annoying if you actually want to wake up but keep getting them instead. :peek:

To be honest I’ve never experienced that. There was no time when I wanted to wake up from a lucid dream… Don’t know why would I… (except for DR…) :content: