A thought... [Dc's and light switches in dreams]

I had a thought the other day…
While LD’ing or even in a dream, you’re not supposed to be able turn lights on or off. I’ve heard people say they’ve been able too a few times, but that’s not the point. Suppose you asked a DC to turn on a light or turn it off… would they be able to?

if you beleive you can, you can. its probably possible to lokk at your watch look away for 5 seconds and when you look back its 5 seconds later than it was last time

Neither of you seem to be 100% right. If you are interested, read this thread on light switches in dreams.

The function of switching the state of a light bulb from off to on, or the opposite, has actually proven to be a reliable reality check.

This is because the nature of electrical currents in the dream world is unstable for the same reason time is. It deals with mathematical procedures that the human mind can’t keep track of fast enough to remain stable in dreams.

If you really want to turn a light on or off in the dream world, continuously flip the switch till it changes it’s state. It’s worked for me in the past.