Aborting

Yeah, demons. WRAAAA!

DreamAddict: What I meant with the marijuana post is that it’s a croak of deciet.

Look, most likely your parents didn’t achieve lucidity but instead indulged in something else that IS twisted, leading to nightmares that they don’t WANT to deal with, since nightmares are abolishable on your own. And remember, just because it happens to them, doesn’t mean it’ll happen to you.

So it is sleep paralysis?
Rossi, I would get as much information as possible from the web about sleep paralysis: what is it, is it dangerous, what can you do about it. There is plenty of information about it, click the link I gave you or do a search on Google… I think your parents would feel better when they read all this information that says SP is not dangerous at all, I hope so because you cannot beat this phenomenon with fear and resistance. I’m afraid most regular doctors don’t know Sleep Paralysis but in sleep clinics they will know more about it (I hope). It’s pretty sad, so many people suffer from this phenomenon, if they had more information about SP they wouldn’t be so scared.
Again the link:
arts.uwaterloo.ca/~acheyne/S_P.html

I was not talking about fooling myself, but actually converting my belief. I wish I could believe that the dreamscape was more than my minds creation, It could help create more realistic LDs. The catch-22 is that I’m waiting on a realistic dream to convert my belief, instead of converting my belief to have realistic LDs. You made good points though and inspired new ideas. Maybe my idea of DC’s should change. Having the idea that they are “boring and vacant,” I could indeed be making them “boring and vacant.”

chosenone, I can somewhat understand that analogy. Like some say that violent video games is the cause of the recent increase in violence. Rubbish, I say. What video games did Nazi’s play? :neutral: Or al qaeda? If only the problem was that easy.
Sleep paralysis and nightmares exist anyways, the remedy is not “don’t practice LDs.” It doesn’t seem to work for the people that give that advice.

Rossi, This is a common problem called “nocturnal bruxism.” Also known as “teeth grinding.” Any dentist will tell you this, it affects up to 20% of the general population. My brother does this and his teeth can be heard across the room. The radio also has commercials for “The Doctor’s NightGuard Dental Protector.” You can check this link:
drugstore.com - the doctor’s nightguard
The only risk is dental, but a very serious dental risk. I would recommend your parents visit a dentist, or purchase the nightguard from a local drugstore. If left untreated it can wear down your molars, and may cause teeth loss.
BUT! It can be caused by stress. So, eliminating the nightmares and fear could eliminate this problem.

Our forum is living proof of how people are affected by lucid dreams. We are the source and the product of lucid dreams.
Where are all the post about people’s “less-safe” experiences? Where are the threads telling us how lucid dreams have ruined their life? Why are the people that actually practice LDs never post about this? It’s always “someone else said…” it is never “I experienced this…” You would think that if this is true, this forum would be littered with horror stories.

Hi
I want to say something about nightmares:

When I was a little kid, I had lots of nightmares.I remember some of them very good, as if they happened to me only some days ago (in fact, they happened about 13 years ago).Well, many kids have nightmares, but I asked my parents about it, and they confirmed that I had more than most kids.

So, back to the point.I learned lucid dreaming cause of my nightmares! At first, this was a very frightening experience for a 4 year old, since I knew I was dreaming, and I knew horrible things were about to happen, but I couldn´t do anything about it.Have to admit that this was worse than any “normal” nightmare.Anyway, I learned some things about the dream world, e.g that I can fall from high buildings and won´t be harmed.And I learned to wake up myself from dreams, this was one of the most important things.Unfortunally it didn´t always work, but I also learned that dreams can´t really harm me.
Well, I forgot about lucid dreaming, and it took me more than 10 years to discover it again.
Now, I can´t remember any real nightmare that happened to me in the last 2 years.Some dreams were a bit disturbing, but there wasn´t one single dream that I would not have had if I could have decided about it.
In my lucid dreams I am quite strong, I don´t even need to wake up myself anymore, I will try to face my fears when they “hunt” me.

At first nightmares can get worse cause of lucid dreaming, but if you just try to banish dreams from your mind, you will never really “defeat” nightmares.For that purpose lucid dreaming is ideal.
I know I am not alone with this opinion, many people in here can tell you a similar story (some in here have so few nightmares that they even TRY to have nightmares by intention!)

Traumgänger

Hey, I like this, internet communities are REALLY useful! There is always someone who has information about a specific problem and by sticking together here we create a powerful information centre for all dreamers looking for help.

Rossi, if your parents solve the stress caused by sleep paralysis and accompanying nightmares/hallucinations they will go to the root of the problem… and meanwhile if they get help for their teeth grinding they can already eliminate one of the physical symptoms :smile: .

DA I have another idea to make dreams more realistic. I will explain it in the Laboratory so people can do some experiments.

(on a less serious note:)

I saw a documentary last week about Charlie Chaplin, and there was an old guy who was close to Hitler who said that Hitler REPEATEDLY saw “The Great Dictator”… and surprisingly he really seemed to like that movie. That movie was a brilliant humouristic statement AGAINST Hitler and human folly in general. Still Hitler liked it. Yes, human beings are really much more complex than we want to believe.

Don’t even get me started on the bad rap people are trying to lay on video games because of bad parenting and a lazy society!! :grrr:

Rossi, your parents situation is trully upsetting. I can’t imagine living a life… or even a large part of one where I spent every night having those sorts of troubles and then waking up just as tired as when I fell asleep.

I don’t know what kind of people your parents are but if they’re spiritual people and believe the problem is thus caused, you could try a very easy ritual of burning white sage around your house. A lot of people do this, especially when they move into a new place, because, traditionally, sage is supposed to be spiritually cleansing. My parents had it done when we moved into the house we’re in now. You can actually buy little sheaves of sage rolled for burning. Its a nice smell and if your parents are spiritually minded they might find that it helps.

I’m not sure of the background of the ritual but I know that lots of different denominations do this. The idea is that the sage smoke cleans a space from negative and harmful vibrations. People do it in new homes in order to empty the place out and make it their own. Sounds kind of trippy-hippy but…

Couldn’t hurt.

Rossiyskaya_Federatsiya, what else do you think would help your parents? Besides the spiritual rituals, did they try to consult a doctor? It seems clear to everybody that your parents are in need of help to overcome this! Can you update us on what’s happening? If this happened to your parents it could easily happen to anyone else for that matter, and it could certainly help other people, so I’d be nice if you keep us updated.

Nope.It was me.And I truly didn’t believe he said that because of anything religious.My dad watches the movie Evolution.

Ah! I couldn’t remember who posted that. My bad! :bored: