Advice needed

I need help with LDs. I heard about it 3 weeks ago, and i try to have them. Before i heard about LD i had only 2 such dreams. But i’ve got problem… I dont know how to make me have lucid dreams… I need help. I read a lot of articles, techniques and i still dont know why it doesnt work. Give me some good advices

Thank u

Two pieces of advice:

Don’t want it so badly—you’ll probably just get anxious about it and won’t be able to LD. You have to be relaxed.

Don’t quit trying. Every night you’ll go to sleep beliving this night will be the night you’ll LD. Know by heart some techniques and RC all day long. (By the way, do a RC, now! Did it? Good.) The more you try, the bigger are your chances of achieving lucidity. Even if you lose interest, don’t quit trying—because once you achieve it, you’ll get all interested again. Promise.

You should search for more threads on the same problem: I know how to LD, I just can’t. Look for “can’t LD” and “isn’t working” for instance. There should br great pieces of advice there. Good luck!

If you get discouraged that will make having a LD impossible, just be patient, if you follow the basic methods to have a LD it will come.

www.ld4all.com

Have a look around the main site. It has lots of information on how to have LD’s :smile:.

Today im thinking about using music to activate LD. Im gonna listen to it while im falling asleep and all the time im sleeping. I hope it will work. I feel it will. If not today, so tomorrow

Although some people can LD the first night after hearing about it it usually takes longer, often longer then 3 weeks. Be patient and do not concentrate on small failure. Try to think about what you have managed to achieved so far. Maybe you DR is better or you had FA?

I’m afraid that it’s not what you want to hear, but LDing can take a couple of weeks or months - sorry!

I had my first LD about 6 weeks after hearing about LDing and starting to do RCs, but I didn’t really expect it - my hope was on having a LD before the end of the year.

My guess is that because the final step to Lucidity is made in a state when your unconscious self has it’s hand on the steering wheel, there’s no “this will make you have LDs” or “this is how long it takes”. You can influence your subconscious mind (which is what you do with RC and WILD and the other techniques), but in the end you get lucid when your mind is ready.

So the only advice I could give… do the techniques, try to keep away from “but it’s XY weeks, I should have an LD by now!” thoughts, as tempting as they are. The more RCs are a part of normal, everyday life, the higher the chances that they become part of your automatic behaviours and then turn up in your dreams.

I think about some techniques. I do RC but they are not working in my dreams. If i focus, i can remember 3 dreams one night but not everyday. I think i have good dream memory, now i need to try te technique, which will suit me and i will really believe its that way. I think this is my problem - I can’t choose the technique. I use self commands only now and som RC but usually i forgot about these RCs in my life

If you are having trouble to choose your means of LDing, this article concerns exactly how to pick your technique. It’s long, but totally worth it.

Also—there’s no problem mixing techniques. They usually work better if you use them together.

nd remember: the key is to always keep trying. Once you have the first and the second, the others will come much easily.

Yeah, i can say im pretty happy now but also angry. This night, i tried WBTB technique and it worked. I recognized hypnagogical (hipnagogical? i hope u know what i mean) state but after about 2 hours after waking up, and i felt vibrations and i knew this was starting of a dream. I saw no objects, nothing only darkness. Then i felt that i just had to swallow my seliva - i couldnt fight with it - when i did it, that was all. No dream, i woke up. I forgot about playing dead so… im a bit angry on myself. I was too excited to use WILD. I tried WBTB second time this night but it didnt work, i had only a normal dream. I hope u will write something i can learn with.

Or maybe it was in another way? I can remember that when i woke up after hypnagogic state i was paralized and couldnt use my arms. Did i fall asleep? I dont know

Yess! Today I had an LD, so the topic is closed. Thank u all very much

How did you do it, Gonzo?

Read my dream diary, i used WILD. There’s full describe

locked :smile: