almost a LD ?

:help:
I have been reading a lot about LD. I’m very fascinated by it and really want to have a lucid dream one time.
I have tried WBTB + WILD and sometimes, if i go to bed a bit to late, I’m just trying a WILD without WBTB.
What really frustrates me is that I always get out of the track! I’m counting… But I can’t quite understand how to get in a lucid dream… I’m trying to just focus on the numbers, like imagine them, but somehow I will always have a song on my mind, or just think of something else. The question is, what should I think about when I’m doing a WILD?

A other thing that just happend, last night. I went to bed, just normal, without even thinking of LD. But something was heppening, I can’t explain what. I seemed like I couldn’t open my eyes, or move. When I finally opened them, I was kind of flying in my room! It was really weird. Everything was very blurry, and black. I finally managed to, somehow, get back to my body, and it felt like a rush. When I was lying there in my bed, It felt like someone was under my bed, and knocked on it… it was so weird. At the end, I woke up, and just got back to sleep.

I don’t know if this was real… maybe it was just a dream, but it felt really real.
Have someone felt this way, as well? :confused:

And does anyone have a technique to do a good WILD or WBTB + WILD?

Thanks! And I would realy like a answer :smile:

Moved from General Lucidness. :dragon:

People would argue that what you experienced was an OBE.

Others would argue that you experienced a LD of floating around your room.

I think the latter. So congrats :happy:

Welcome Synne! :wave: You may want to introduce yourself to the community in the big “Hi,I’m new” topic ^^

Definitely sounds like an OBE to me. But congrats anyway! :content: It was a good first experience in any way.

The things you should think are the same of when you fall asleep normally, because that’s the way you fall asleep; only to perform a WILD, you stay conscious and detached from your thoughts, using a gimmick of sorts like counting or feeling your breaths, or listening to the buzz i your ears. My mind wanders a lot while I do a successful WILD, so no worries :wink:

Good luck for your next attempts! :smile:

Thank you for your answers! I really appreciate them<3

Today I will try out WBTB + WILD, using tosxyChor’s tips and “how to make sure your WBTB won’t fail”!
I hope that would work :smile:

For most people, WILD takes quite a bit of practice to master, but it looks like you’re off to a great start! Another topic you may want to look at (in addition to those mentioned and tosxyChor’s tips) is First Steps to WILD. There is some WBTB + WILD discussion present there as well where you may be able to pick up some tips. Good Luck :grin:.