Any tips for a newbie?

Hiya,

I’m a bit of a newbie to lucid dreaming and I’ve only had 2 lucid dreams but they were amazing :smile: So for a newbie do you guys have any good tips for starting out? I’ve had a look at WILD but that seems quite creepy lol

Hello, welcome to the forum! :smile:

WILD is not crappy at all, it just requires more dedication.
All tho harder, it provides more pleasure when successful.

Well, there are a lot of tips we could provide you with. Anything you specifically need?
For now, keep a dream journal (it’s very helpful), pick a method and stick with it for a while, visit this forum sometimes, do RCs and don’t give up :smile:

Welcome to LD4all! :wave:

WILD isn’t recommended for newbies anyway. It takes a lot of patience and practice, and there’s lots of other ways to have LDs. What I would normally recommend are these three things:

1. Keep a dream journal. Your dream recall will increase, and it’s harder to forget an LD than an NLD, but it’s still possible. You want to remember your dreams, no? :content:

2. MILD is one of the easiest techniques and is great for starting out. You can find the basics and questions about it here.

3. WBTB can also be useful. Some like it, some don’t. It just depends on what you like and are able to do. With WBTB, you wake up anywhere between 4 1/2 - 6 hours of sleep, and depending on your preference, stay up anywhere from a few minutes to an hour. If you’re staying up more than a few minutes, it can help to refresh your brain by reading lucid dream or dream-related material. After you’ve woken up and maybe stayed up, go back to sleep with the intention to have an LD fresh in your mind.

That said, there’s lots of interesting topics around on the forum that can help you, and if you haven’t already, read the LD4all Guide here!

Thanks guys!

By the way Lord Antares I said creepy not crappy lol!

I will try what you’ve said thanks

Woops, my bad :happy:

In that case…well, it might sound creepy and it really might be if you don’t know what to expect, but if you realize it all comes from within your mind, it becomes interesting. Hmm, a projection from my own little mind, how curious.

That’s the right way to approach it, otherwise, you probably will be scared.

RC often. I’ve missed the chance to have tons of LDs simply because of my laziness to not RC. RCs are so helpful and important. My personal favorites are the finger-through-the-hand RC and the nose plugging RC.

Persist. Don’t give up if you experience a dry spell or you don’t have any LDs for a while. Take a break if you need to, but always come back.

:content: Good luck on you LDing journey!

Just never give up! If you continue to do RCs every single day, then eventually it will start being implimented into your dreams. And then soon you’ll be having LDs like crazy! :hurray: