Anybody besides me....

Oh and Lucid Rad, we have tons of magical powers. Like Todzak said we just figured them out; there’s alot less magic to it now. Having a baby is nothing but magic. We all grow from one lil sperm and egg. MAGIC! The water cycle, just because we coined the term evaporation doesn’t make it any less magical, The design is mystifying. Follow?

I have to disagree (with todzak that is).

A cave man thinks that a light bulb is magic because he is ignorant of electricity and the effect it produces as it passes through the filament.

The reason we believe that we cannot fly is precisely because we understand the physics behind flight so well. We understand the concepts of pressure, drag, lift, gravity, and aerodynamics.

While you exist in this universe you must follow it’s fundamental rules. Go ahead and drop a pen on the floor as many times as you like. Use whatever incantations or channel whatever supernatural forces you like, but the pen will always fall to the floor. There are forces which exist in nature, they cannot be wished away, they must be overcome. Humans are simply unequipped overcome the force of the earth’s gravity without assistance (we can fall just fine though). In order to even stand upright you must overcome the forces of gravity with muscular exertion. In order to keep the muscles working you eat and drink and breathe. Like it or not you’re an organic machine, every atom in the universe is exerting forces on you every moment of your life, and there’s nothing you can do about it.

I’m trying to follow you here but I’m getting mixed messages…

You’re right in the sense that humans are limited in their perception of the universe. For all we know aliens could be watching us from a 4th dimension.

Dreams are another matter entirely, they are formed in your brain not outside of it. As long as you are inside of your head you can do whatever you want with your reality.

I don’t really follow, no.

I think we’re talking about two different things here.

physics and science are limited by the ingenuity and originality of those implementing measurement

while legitimate men of science go and find say, a miracle worker who defies the laws of physics

it is sort of taboo and will not find its way into mainstream science, and because these miracles cannot (and , by nature, will not ever be able to …) be measured by scientific instruments (because you don’t need a microscope to tell that an elephant is an elephant) , miracles will remain miraculous

and so then, one will simply rely on faith that when people of great credibility speak out about witness miracle healings, that they speak truthfully, that is, until they experience something “impossible”

*it should be understood miraculous technologies already exist and have been mastered, both in the future, and right now.

Lucid Rad, I was agreeing with Todzak. Which might be, disagreeing with you… I got off my whole flight “soap box” I was just using my last post to prove todzaks interpretation of magic. Magic is sometimes confused with witchcraft, like spells and what not. Science just sucked away the magical aspects of our world. Similar to what you did with the light bulb, explaining it away with science… follow now?

i see your point here, and i believe that humans nce did have the ability to control “certain” things about nature, in dreams, your the god there, but in real life i believe that humans have lost some abilities, i dont know what, or why, or how, but for one,dragons
YES(and im not a freakin dragon-freak, those people are wierd :eek: ) dragons.
there are civilizatins, who had NO IDEA about other cultures, such as rome, or egypt, or the aztecs, but all f them had pictures,drawings, and art of these things, now this is just an example, alright, something out there that has some connection with this, what example?
the general example.
through the years, things change, such as the things people could do, or might have done in the past, such as the aztecs god was a giant serphent with 4 legs who crawled on all fours and blew fire, dragged off thier livestock as offerings, while the egyptions believed one of thier gods was a giant snake wich blew fire, but as the years go by, things change
see where im goin’ here?
just 2 examples that have some general connection, but like i was saying, as time goes by we (and all things do) lose cultures, and things that could’ve been
so i agree with you in the general sense, that we did have some things that we could control in nature, and in life, but as we lose more things, we relie on ther things, such as lucid dreaming, so i dont dwell on it that much, knowing that we have lucid dreaming to control everything in our own reality.

i just had to quote this when i read it, but reality is not entirely reality at all! many scientists believe that when the humans minds first evolved, we quickly began believing in what can be done is all what can be done, this means that our reality is only limited by our brains realization that we are in fact real, in this sense the right person, say another einstein would believe that he is not just a human, but reality entirely, such as he is space,time,reality,and EVERYTHING, for this everything is reality, most scientists believe that reality is limited to believing, wich is what happens in lucid dreaming, for in dreaming, this gives us a cripple, by just believing we are in a dream, it allws us to do anyhting, i know this is just figments of imagination, but what if in real life, a man suddenly dissapeaared and began being anything and everything, alpha and omega, anyhting he wanted, this is the sense that our minds reality is not limited by reality itself! anything can be anything, and the “people of atlantis” (if they really existed) knew that, and thats how thier civilization began(so i think, some think aliens gave them technology or something? :bored: ) but reality in dreams, i agree with you, is a whole different story, so in fact, people did probably believe and have something different in the past, but people stopped believing in this and became the people you know today, only believing in what thier brains see as reality in whole! it is a hard thing to understand, as it is a mix of advanced physics, and years of studying, mainly from einstein, but if you do understand this, then thats awesome! :grin: congradulations! you just understood what only about 10,000 people 5 billion people understand :grin: (this is the simple way to put it as the entire thing is in a book, wich i forgot its name :confused: )

has it been pointed out that things like this require energy , not just will power, or mind ?