Anyone else got lucid this way?

I´ve been trying to get lucid for a few weeks, and last night I finally got a lucid dream :content:
However, I was not trying that night, and used none of the methods listed in these forums. I was in my parents bedroom, arguing with my mother when she suddenly said to me that there wasn´t any need to argue anymore, this was just a dreamworld. After a bit more of arguing about if she was right I finally got it. It was a dream. :smile: And I got lucid
It didn´t last long however. I managed to fly (well, rather some kind of unstable hovering) downstairs, and when I was going back up, I woke up.
Just wondering, anyone else had a character in their dreams simply telling them that this is a dream?

I have had characters do things/say things to me that let me know, and a few times DC’s have told me that I am dreaming. As for how you only flew a little and didn’t use any method, it is usual for people to only fly/hover in their first LD. After all, isn’t that ability a dream of us all? To be able to fly away from everything. :content:

i have had dream characters tell me that it is a dream a few times. One dream i remember well was with somebody from a chatroom i visit every day. I dream often about IRC chat, and when i saw the familiar chat friend i asked: ’ there was something i was supposed to remember the next time i saw you…what was it?’ The DC replied ‘it is a dream, siiw!’ and it became one of my best lucid dreams. :cool:

It’s called a CALD. (hey, that rhymes!) thke a look at this topic I made awhile ago: https://community.ld4all.com/t/has-anyone-ever-tried-cald-and-succeded/28918/2

Nope, my DC’s aren’t that nice :content: . But perhaps I’ll try training some of them to do so sometime. :plotting:

Yes, I’m going to ask my SC to come in my dreams and tell me I’m dreaming. I really want to see how it works.

Not too long ago i had a dream where i had stepped in dog poo, and ironically i was looking at the dog who had pooed where i had stepped, so i told the dog to please poo on the grass instead of on the sidewalk where people walk, and the dog told me that “in your dreams dogs dont poo on the grass”… then i woke up