are lucid dreams against my religion?

How could you be so totally against something(s) you haven’t a clue about. Ignorance makes me so sad… yea by the way “tarots” aren’t for telling the future. But I do understand that you and your religion are very against such things but, you should know the things you are opposed to, otherwise there isn’t much backing up your opinion. (and I really don’t want to offend anyone, so just to say that I respect all religions and lack there of).

Yeah, I might have said to much about that part…

He said what were the benefits… so I was trying to give some…

No worries, Just using an example. It was the first thing that came to mind.

I think that it would be fine to talk to a DC of a deceased loved one in a dream – I think that it would be very beneficial, psychologically, if you felt that there was a need. But, I would think that this is wrong with the mindset and belief that you’re trying to communicate with the dead. The distinction is in the intent and the means.

In a LD you wouldn’t be able to contact spirits actually.

Like Javan said, they would be just DCs, all you see is your imagination, so all it really is, is bringing up fond memories. About as bad as thinking about them in the middle of the day, I’m sure. :wink:

Oh and if anybody is wondering, I am an Atheist, but I couldn’t imagine LDing be against any religion’s beliefs, only certain individual’s beliefs, if that is indeed the case.

If you are Christian then ask your Pastor/Priest and your God. Thats what they are there for and you probably value their opinions higher than random people on forums. I don’t follow a specific religion but could easily say that LDing could be against God’s will:

LDing takes time away from Him. By conciously existing in a dreamworld you are escaping from reality, messing with the spiritual realm, yadda yadda yadda…

Of course the people on this site will tell you it’s okay otherwise they wouldn’t be on this site. Ask your Priest or think for yourself.

Actually LDing takes no more time than dreaming.
I suppose you could say LD preparation could take time away … but so does reading, TV etc so why point out LDing.
It is possible to pray in a LD so you could argue that it is possible to make more time to spend with God.

and who says “messing with the spiritual world” is a sin, what do you think human beings do when they pray and worship God, it is His will that we participate in his divine plan, so you cannot to tell me that by doing so we are sinning.

this is really stimulating stuff!

all i can say reading this is that i’m not feeling like expressing my beliefs. i actually feel like expressing what i’m feeling.

when i read this topic i felt…

1. a heavy pain in my chest
  2. annoying buzzing sensation in my ears
  3. a funny luminescent feeling on top of my head
  4. a longing for everyone to “just get along”

alrighty then…

-you go west, i’ll go east. let’s meet in the middle.