Astral Time Travel

I was thinking, What if you could leave your body and then go to view the past or future and tried to re-enter your body and live in that time. Do you think this could be possible? I have been trying to astral project but I have not been able to yet. I have read places that when you astral project you can view past or future events.

I can tell you straight up that, yes it is possible to view past events during Astral Projection. My friend (who I’ve talked a fair bit about on this forum) has done this, she relived a full day with her friend doing it.

Can you veiw the future? I don’t know anyone who has, but I would think it’s possible. However, I believe the future changes by what decisions we make so any future you see would just be a possible future, not the deffinate future. So the further you jump ahead the more likely it is to be different when we get there.

As far as reentering your body goes, I would hope not. I suppose it’s possible but, what would you get from it? Would you really be in that time? Or would your consciousness be in that time in your astral body, while your body you came from withers away and dies because you aren’t eating/drinking while APing into a past version of yourself.

I’m having trouble believing such things are possible.

I mean, if it was, it is an ancestral technique, so, why haven’t we heard of people who could really read the future ? If it was really posible, everybody would do it, and most of people would really know what will happen to the earth and stuff… It doesn’t seem like they do. :neutral:

Someone with this ability would quickly be known all over the worl for his predictions ( and not “Eric Julien-like” predictions :tongue: )

Same problem for the possibility of reenter your past or future body, such a thing would create serious continuum issues.

I remember watching a documentary about someone who used Remote Veiwing to read the future for stock tips, showed him doing it and his results. Sure he might just be good with stocks. The point being, this type of thing isn’t unheard of.

No, they really wouldn’t. Alot of stigma has come through the centuries because of acts that the average person can’t do. They have been burned, tortured and killed because they were demons, possessed or witches. These were powers of God and normal men shouldn’t have them.

While we may not be in those times, the stigma has changed to ridicule. Less deadly but still destructive.

The same could be said about Lucid Dreaming, not everyone does it and many still don’t believe it’s possible. They may even try it, but their failure adds to the mentality “I can’t do it, therefore it mustn’t be true.”

Same can be said of Remote Viewing, APing and OBEing, although everyone can do it with practice and dedication, it doesn’t come easy so people give up and chose to believe it’s not really possible. Other’s just outright don’t believe it. Take this thread for exmaple. Lucidity and AP piculum said: Finally, remote viewing is something impossible and as there is no clear evidence. But not to long ago, they were saying the exact same thing about LDing.

So there are many reasons people won’t do it, greed will make people try (lottery) as might curiousity, some will fail and believe it wasn’t really possible, others will think the very idea is proposterous even when given the limited proof one can give.

Some and probably a small handful at that, I know I don’t care and in truth, I can’t think of anyone else who does care what may happen to it, except maybe yourself. (i’m sure there’s some)

All in all, I am open to the possibility. But as I said in my last post, I don’t think the future is predetermined so even if you did go forward many things could be wrong by the time we get there in the physical world.

Though, now you mention the Earth, I am curious if anyone has tried to go back and see how the universe started. It never would have occured to me to try it otherwise.

Perhaps. But still, there are a lot of people who claims to do astral travels and writes books about it, why don’t they just go to the future and tell us about some minor event that couldn’t be predicted otherwise, as a proof ?

This all reminds me of the “Fermi paradox”. Which ask the question : " If time travel is doable, why isn’t there any visitor from the future among us ?"

I totally agree, and I’m not here to turn anything to ridiculessness. I just don’t see how it could be possible. There are way too many " if " : If astral travel really exists, if travelling through time is possible…

Two things I don’t believe in right now, so, to me, it can’t be done.

I don’t want this to turn into a LD/AP debate, it has been done many times on the forum, and never have I seen anything positive coming from it, but, Lucid Dreams are scientifically proven. Astral Projection is not. Not to belive in LD is nonsense ( it would be like not to believe in chocolate ), not to belive in AP is not a nonsense, just a rational point of view.

I believe you CAN see those events, but not really LIVE them. I mean, take part literally.

enlightenment is real and look how many people are pursuing it!

i’m fairly certain it is real anyway, if not it is very deep permanent peace and happiness which is the same thing right?

but i don’t know. dreams are different than OBEs and APs and frankly the few truely remarkable paranormal dream like experiences I’ve had are a handful while the amount of LDs I’ve had are probably a pickup bed full.

i’m not sure how to leave the dream and leave the body and leave the minds fantasies to do such things.

I congradulate your thinking of this. I think of many theories and whatnot very related to you conceptualization. Good job thinking on your part.

Have you ever heard of Edgar Caycee? I don’t think he used Astral Projection and stuff but he definately saw the future, and his staggering predictions have almost all come true (save for very few). If you’re interested you might check the History channel for documentaries, or buy the book, the Sleeping Prophet.

edit: oh, or just google it, duh!

Many have predicted the future, successfully, through Astral Projection, Remote Viewing, even through dreams…

I believe you can relive memories. It’s all in the head just like LDing.