Brain Wave Generator

Binaural beats, when frequently used, are good for “synchronizing” your brain hemispheres. This is great but too much can be harmful. This is because synchronizing your hemispheres can also bring some old unresolved material to the surface. This is not always nice, and if you use a very low carrier frequency 1 hour/day, don’t be surprised if someday too much emotional stuff goes to the surface! Only if you are getting used to a specific carrier freq you can gradually lower it. Don’t ask me an exact “safe” limit, every person is different!

BTW almost noone is using low carrier frequencies in the field, they all focus too much on the binaural beats (this is also the case for Monroe Institute’s Hemisync!). There is only one company selling brainwave CD’s that has discovered the power of the carrier freq, but they sell their CD’s at very high prices so I’m not going to advertize their expensive stuff by mentioning their name :wink: .

As explained above, you can play your presets to .wav-files in BWG and those .wav-files you can edit in CoolEdit. You can also mix different .wav-files in CoolEdit, that’s what I usually do. CoolEdit has also a nice “brainwave synchronizing”-feature that allows you to edit any .wav file to create binaural beats, but the creator of CoolEdit himself has said he doesn’t believe his program is effective in the delta range so…

I think quality will only be harmed if you make .mp3-files with very low carrier fequencies, since (as far as I know) mp3-encoding takes away the “high” and “low end”. I don’t think .wav-files will cause problems like this.

I’m really confused after reading these last couple posts so excuse me if someone has already answered this. :wink:
So do you mean if I sit for an hour using one of the presets that came with the BWG everday for a while I may dig up some emotional garbage in my head? Or do you mean I would have to make a lower carrier frequency and then this would happen?

Confused? Listened too much to BWG? Just kidding :grin:

Theta is the brainwave area of REM-sleep (dreaming), a stage of high association. Stimulating the brain to create theta brainwaves with very low carrier freqs will not bring you in a dream state but there will be more association and more memories, and your power to control those memories and resist the ones you usually repress will not be so effective. Then it is possible to “let go” of old stuff (this is positive) but of course too much can be overwhelming. It can only be done little by little. This is the same what happens during zen meditation, instead of analyzing it like in therapy you just drop the ■■■■.

Thanks for all the info, Brainhacker.

I thought someone knocked on the door really hard, so I ran downstairs. Are you sure this is your hearbeat? It sounded like it came from downstairs and it freaked me out…but at the same time I remembered your post. Hmm…I need to get used to this.

You had the same thing happen? Nice. At first it sounded, and felt, to me like it was someone walking through the living room towards me. It felt like the whole floor was thumping. After it happened a couple of times I realized it was coming from me.

what should the carrier frequencies be set to?
should they be different for each ear?

There’s an option to “keep all frequencies” so high and low end will be kept.

Also, you can have a high bitrate e.g. 320bps which will keep the effects!

My experience with DREAM EXPERIENCE 1.4.1 (a bwgen preset) was it gives you vibrations just like WILD (for me, more). I had created a 320bps mp3 since the recording was too long to store as an audio CD (WAV).

You can get this lucid dreaming preset from:
bwgen.com/presets/desc413.htm

I think it would have worked if I had not stopped it that time.