Breakthrough: Dream Adventures

Hi all,
I just have to let you know to start off with that I am extremely excited :hurray:, and that I logged on this morning just to post this message. I seem to have had some success, not with ld’ing but with imprinting on my subconscious that I want my dreams to represent more of an adventure - and to be more interesting.
I changed my intent for meditation this week so that I was focussing on these goals, as well as that of increasing the frequency of lucidity, and was about to give up when blessed with an absolute adventure which I just awoke from.
As I lay in bed this morning recalling my dream in reverse order, I actually leaked a couple tears! :crying:. I truly felt as though I had just been in another world and that what had happened to me was substantial. How could i explain the fact that the entire night seemed to be ‘linked’ together by a single dream adventure? (Regardless of waking up a couple times in the night).
I’ll post the dream soon enough, so that those of you who are interested in my progress can see what I’m talking about. There are vampires :dark:, talking rabbits, people living in logs, and scary bald men with bad tempers. It’s fantastic! Oh… also something strange with doritos and ice cream…hmmmm. :wink:
I’m going to continue with my daily meditation on lucid dreams and dream adventures, and will keep updates in the online dream diary.

All the best,

S

:hyper:
/me camps outside Snape’s dream Diary

Sorry to create so much suspense Moogle :razz:
I really want to write this one up properly, with dialogue and everything. I can actually remember conversations that took place, which is unusual for me - so it should be very cinematic.

I’ve posted part I:
[url]How long was your longest lucid dream?]
Parts II & III to follow when I’m done.
You’ll notice it reads much like a story - for example I have names etc. I thought I would add this kind of thing in to make it easier to read and add more flow, but be assured that all of the material in my dream was 99% as written!

All finished! :hyper:
Just follow the link above, I have posted Parts I - IV of my ‘dream adventure’ (including Epilogue). I’ve tried to make it legible and readible, it’s quite long but I think it’s worth the read.

S

What induction techniques and meditation techniques do you use?

Hi Larry Boy,
I practice the Mindfullness of Breathing as my primary form of meditation (app six times a week). I also practice the Metta Bhavana, an approach to cultivating Metta and loving-kindness, :om: approximately once a week. Over the past week I have been practicing my usual Mindfullness of Breathing technique, but after the stage where my mind/body/emotions have become fused and I experience a sense of single-pointedness or merging of these three states, I have been strongly setting my intention to increase my frequency of lucid dreams and meaningful dreams. The next stage involves the consumption of a peanut butter sandwitch :razz:

Oh, cool! :smile: Sounds a lot like one of my own adventurous dreams, but I can never remember the exact dialogue like you did. Only a few sentences at best and even then I’m usually only typing the gist of it - so I’m very impressed with yours!

I particularly liked Mr. Scree. I just love that name. And the rabbit was a scene almost straight out of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, especially the way he talked about the King and Queen. (I love that book!) Minus the vampires, of course, but oh well.

Yeah that occurred to me as well Stormthunder, but he wasn’t wearing a coat and he didn’t have a watch. I didn’t actually remember the exact dialogue, I mainly extrapolated from the emotions and thoughts (and some dialogue) that were in the dream. I’ll tell you one thing though, it is without a doubt the longest and most ‘stringed together’ dream I have ever had.
You may have liked Mr Scree, but I…really…didn’t! :tongue: