Candy

Sugar cubes, try sugar cubes!

OK, I didn’t get lucid, but I had two extremely vivid dreams and a nice DR after I had a lot of sugar (sugar corn flakes and one sugar cube before bed).

Corn Flakes aren’t candy. Do me a favor. Try corn flakes before you go to bed. Just to proof if it’s the sugar or not. I’d rather not it be sugared though…

Chocolate also has cocoa (cacao??), which also has some effects on your mind. Perhaps this also has to do with it.

Again: Can anybody tell me, what the heck jawbreakers are?

A jawbreaker is a big hard sugarball with layers in different colors.
It’s about as big as a fist, and if you heat it in the microwave and then bite it, it explodes and shoots burning sugar napalm in your face.

Well, sugared corn flakes do have sugar :grin:

Why don’t you try chocolate and tell Redifin the outcome? Get some people to try it with you.

Jawbreakers are hard candies. They often have some other type of candy in their core, something usually sour or chewy, but that’s about it. Just an AmE word for a hard candy.

This sounds cool.

In school, whenever the teacher hands out lollies to the students, I start humming like crazy. I am very affected by sugar, it makes me nuts. Plus I am having trouble having any sort of LD, so I might give this a shot. This is my first day of school holidays this year, that is just convenient.

If I were to test doses of candy and stuff, how many ammounts should I test?

EDIT: I just bought a packet of strawberry creams, I’ll tell you my results in a few days…

I tried some chocolate this night… okay, it wasn’t very much chocolate, but I had a lucid dream! Unfortunately I was too tired as I woke up from it in the middle of the night to write anything down, and now I only remember some fragments…

Last night, I had just 1 strawberry cream. I had 2 NDs, pretty vivid, and awesome recall. Tonight, I will try 5 and hope for an LD.

PS - What’s a placebo?

Placebo is something a person takes thinking it is some kind of drug/medicine. Although a placebo shouldn’t work—because it is not a true drug/medicine—people who take placebo usually show fast recovery and some of the symptoms they would have if they had taken the medicine. This is called placebo effect.

Well I have the results now, 1 day I took chocolate. One halve of a hershey’s bar. Those big ones. I ate it and went to bed. I woke up and I could remeber 9 dreams of the night. Only one was vivid, but my DR was excellent. I couldn’t believe it.

The second day I ate a whole box of Gobstopper jawbreakers. I woke up and remebered a rather vivid dream that seemed to last a few hours. Now, let me stress to you that I sometimes don’t remeber my dreams, and if they do they’re not that vivid.

The third day, I ate peppermints. That night I had a lucid dream, although it was low, I could remeber it that morning.

The final day I ate all three of them, and that morning I could only remeber a dream, but it wasn’t vivid.

SO whatcha think guys? I’m thinking about looking at the ingredients of gobstoppers.

i have to eat something when i do wbtb, or i can’t sleep at all! last night i got up, ate salty chips, and went back to sleep. maybe i should try eating something sweet instead this night :cool:

I don’t eat candy often, i always prefered something salty (a sandwich with tomato, chease and ham…mmm). Also, my teeth are prety sensitive for candy ;/
But maybe maybe…remember, if you wan’t to take candy before you go to sleep, take it before you wash your teeth :smile: You don’t want to hear the “zzzzzzz” at the dentist, do you? :happy:

seconded :cool_laugh:
im gonna go to the shop and stuff my face now :tongue:

If I eat way too much I have decreased recall (I’m positive on this I seem to never recall dreams on Halloween or Christmas) but a candy bar or a few bits of candy seem to actually help.

lol … you know you have to eat the candy before you sleep :tongue::content:

Does ice cream work too? I sure hope so…

Well if it does, I can’t remember any LD after eating ice cream (with the exception of some ice cream called “Death by Chocolate”–now that dream was…wierd…) :neutral:

face full of choccy
ooghg…sho dats were ah want wong…:razz:

I don’t know about all that candy-stuff, but Chinese takeout works for me–it’s got to be a certain combination, though; Brandy-fried chicken, pork-fried rice, sweet 'n sour shrimp, and stir-fried vegetables washed down with strawberry soda.

But this is a candy topic…

Does Baby Ruth and Butterfinger ice cream count? Works for me everytime! :wink:

Well if it works, Sure! But I got to wonder? Where do you find out the ingredients of some candy? I want to know, if it does cause LD’s why and how?