Can't LD

I discovered this site and LDing last summer, and I havn’t had any success. I’ve tried every method and I still havn’t had a LD, that i remember anyways. Does anyone have any suggestions? I’ve tried everything, nutrition, every tech, I stopped trying to LD like many people say. Any hints? :help:

Same thing with me man I started last summer and i havent had any success tried everything… It is impossible for some people to have them i have discovered… Your probly one of those people sorry man.

i doubt ld is impossible for anybody, i think you just need practice, i thought the same a while ago but i still kept WILDing and suddenly i realized the perfect way 4 me to do it and ive had some amazing results so far so dont get discouraged and have posittive thoughts about it, why not try sticking with one tek for about a month or so so you can see if you get any results?

Have you tried meditating on a regular basis? I hold that it helps. In fact, my econ teacher, who also is a teacher at a buddhist monestary, when asked if he could control things in his dreams, said “oh yeah! because of meditation.”

You may have stopped, but did you truly give up? I tried for 7 months with no result and came to the same conclusion as yall. Not everyone was capable of ld’ing. I gave up. Soon after I started to WILD every night without even wanting to. Now I can say it’s more of a nuisance than anything, constantly disturbing my sleep.

i am also yet to have a LD …But im going to keep trying no matter how long it takes …i can say one thing though…its not impossible!! everyone can LD but it takes more practice than others…i hope you havent lost all hope and i cant wait to read your first LD…let alone mine

Last summer? You have a long way to go man! Don’t be discouraged because it took me 3 years before i had the first one, and its a very low level one - besides i practice sparsely now compared to when i started, for around 2 months i tried like hell.

Just because one is not able to do something for a few months doesn’t mean the impossible, it is not even proven!

i have yet to LD, tbh i just started the whole experiance

But i think that maybe LDing is sort of like getting rid of acne(lol?). (FYI I still have a horrid acne face, and maybe its for the same reason you cant LD). I tried tons of different acne stuff, stuff you put on at night, 3 times a day, in the shower, id use like 6 different things a day, and apparently, doing so many different procedures actually made it worse. I then decided to stick to one thing, and so far its been working great, because of this im going to do the same procedure with LDing, sticking to one thing(I do a form of MILD and maybe as im just before falling asleep do some WILD). Try it, stick with one thing, and if that doesnt yield results, go talk to a dermatologist(lol).

See you.

Well, here’s my 2 cents…

JOURNAL DEWD JOURNAL! :seer:

If you don’t you are making it 10 times harder on yourself… :wallhit:

Don’t just take my word for it, listen to the experts:

"Remembering your dreams is the starting place for learning to have lucid dreams. If you don’t recall your dreams, even if you do have a lucid dream, you won’t remember it! And, in order to be able to recognize your dreams as dreams while they are happening, you have to be familiar with the way your own dreams work. Before it will be worth your time to work on lucid dream induction methods, you should be able to recall at least one dream every night.

It can be useful while you are developing your dream recall to keep a complete dream journal. Keep the journal handy by your bed and record every dream you remember, no matter how fragmentary. Start by writing down all your dreams, not just the complete, coherent, or interesting ones–even if all you remember is a face or a room, write it down.

…write down the precise content of any dialogue from the dream, because words will almost inevitably be forgotten in a very short time.

To remind yourself of your intentions and get yourself into the spirit of your dreams, read through your dream journal at bedtime. Learning to remember your dreams may seem difficult at first, but if you persist, you will almost certainly succeed–and may find yourself remembering four or more dreams per night. "

I have found that just keeping a journal elevates the consciousness level of my dreams dramatically.

Reyth

Girby doesn’t use a journal and he remembers 2-3 dreams a night and can recall the months later.

Well when I first started I couldn’t and every time I approached LD’ing I failed until I actually did a journal.

Though it is true that now I remember my dreams upon awakening and can enter them or not each day at my own disgression.

But let me ask you what are your top 10 dreaming cues?

Without a journal you are likely to answer: “It varies, right now it’s x & y” based on your most recent dreams. But because I journal I can tell you exactly what my top 10 cues are and how many times they have occurred and as soon as they change significantly I can update them on the spot.

I think therefore that keeping a journal is invaluable.

Reyth

thanks for the help guys, I’m going to get on that dream journal right away, as of now i dont remember any dreams at night. :tongue:

I restarted my LD practicing in janurary with trying WILD only…ive had like 10 LD’s so far so i think you should seriously try WILD. research completely on it and just practice…its the only way to do it. its taken me until about now to understand how to make it sucessful and how to achievely achieve it.

With this method you can be lazy to, i dont keep a journal or do RC’s during the day or anything. Plus its more reliable…

good luck

n00bs bahahahahah

are you dreaming now??

I’m really interested in WILD. What is your secret to success?

If you check the Big WILD post you will see a recent post of mine about a song induced technique. What technique do you use?

Reyth

If you say that you’ve tried every method out there, I guess that you gave The Suneye a chance too?

If not: [url]The BIG Suneye Topic - part II]

If can’t do it with the Suneye, then you need to practise a long time. Many people have success with The Suneye after their first attempt!
:beer: So give it up for the Suneye! Drinks it all up in a cup!

Vote Suneye, for a lucid future

(PS. Although I said it’s a good method, it doesn’t work for everyone, you see?)

ive found that the best way to ld is to make a habit of saying
"am i dreaming"during the day. Then i do the nose plug rc.
it helps cause when im in a dream
its already a habit of mine in real life.