Change stuff in your dream

Hello,
I want to know if you can change things in your dream, like environment.
And I once got a dream that looked like it was longer than I slept
(4 hours or something, and I slept 1/2 hour(Woke up after dream))

So is it possible to kind of make a new neighbourhood!
(Lol, I sound dumb :grin:

Maybe I’ll ask once if I can have another life into a dream xD

Hi Rappybas, :welcome: to the forum.

In a dream you create everything around you, this is usually subconscious but with a little practice you can change anything you want to consciously. :content:

Time passing differently between reality and dreams is an interesting topic. Some people believe that time in dreams can be separate from time in reality. I have heard about people who said they lived entire lifetimes in their dreams. :grin: There are also some people that believe that this is an effect caused by the dream skipping. For instance your dream might appear to last for two days, but it might be that it skips unimportant events, or you have false memories.

There are people who have created entire worlds in their dreams. :happy: They then revisit these dreamworlds and explore, changing things as they see fit. :smile: One of the members who comes to mind is WritersCube. You might want to take a look at his dream-journal, I know he experimented with time-compression too at one point.

"but it might be that it skips unimportant events, or you have false memories. "
Such like breakfast etc? And such things?

Anyways:
Wow, He’s dreams are cool!
Now I have TOO much motivation! xD
I’m going to sleep/dream :razz:

Any fast tips too get the Lucid Dream to work for tonight(To raise the ‘chance’)?

And thanks to welcome me :happy: (Or how to say it xD)

EDIT:
I don’t have much normal dreams too, how to increase that?
Sleep earlier?
And I read about under a warm blanket increases it?
Tips?

As for me, to have a more realistic point of view about LD’ing, I would advice other DJ’s than Writerscube’s. :content: There are many interesting DJ’s in the Dream Journal forum, which look more like to the… hmmm… how to say… common experience of the majority of the lucid dreamers.

:yes: There’s no way you can get an accurate picture of what lucid dreaming is like from a single DJ, and as Basilus said, WritersCube’s DJ does not look like the common experience of the majority of lucid dreamers.

Yes, you might have a false memory of having breakfast in the dream, or of what you had for breakfast, or even older memories about what has happened before.

Well you do have to be careful not to get too excited :tongue: If you are really building up on having an LD when you finally do, It’s possible you might wake yourself up through being over-excited :wink:

I know that keeping a Dream Journal is a very effective way of improving your dream recall. You could also try using auto-suggestion. I found altering the technique for how to recall dreams was helpful for me too. I usually try to remember the last thing I was doing in my dream and run it backwards in my head, moving as little as possible from the position I woke up in.

Getting enough sleep is crucial for me to have good recall too, but maybe that has more to do with waking up naturally or waking up via an alarm.

You might want to take a look at the BIG remembering dreams topic part V for more ideas. :smile:

Ok, Thanks,
I just downloaded a tool that trains the Lucid Dreams or something,
First part was about the motivation(Succesfull),
Second part was to predict times(Succesfull),
Tommorow the 3rd part :open_mouth:

Well, how to change stuff: i had very few lucid dreams, but i was quite successful at that.
Basically, you use nightmare technique: if you have smallest thought that there may be monster around the corner, then 90% probability that you will find it there.

Basically, you PRETEND, that you are not expecting something you want, then CHECK, and be amazed how that worked. Examples:

I got lucid, but then there was night, and i knew that i may loose lucidity or wake up very soon because there was little visual input - then i went to window, grabbed curtain, ant thought: let’s see, if i undo this curtain, if it becomes daytime. Well, I got morning :smile:

or:

lets see if i look away from this glass of water, then look again at it, it starts levitating
lets see if there is anyone I want to meet around that corner
lets see if i jump if I start flying
lets see if i spin the environment changes into <…>

etc.

thats basically reality check, but with your wish baked in :smile: