Character Assisted Lucid Dreaming...CALD part V

@ Talon:

It’s kind of a scary thing to think about, even hypothetically. I don’t want to somehow “grow out” of this like it’s some kind of phase…

You’d think that nine years (seriously?! man, time flies!) would be long enough to dispel that sort of concern, and maybe it’s thanks to all the paranoid hyper-practicality that I’m surrounded by every day, but it nags at me and I feel like it would be dangerous to just brush that feeling off as if it didn’t exist. Weird emotional problems have a way of sneaking up on people who don’t keep their eyes peeled in my experience.

I guess the only thing we can do is keep doing what we’re doing. We enjoy it, and as far as I’ve read, every one of us has benefited from it in one way or another, regardless of how we decide to look at it or how long we’ve been at it. Plus we have each other. We’re not just a few people strewn randomly across the world all alone in our eccentricity, we’ve actually turned ourselves into a tiny community, and I’d be lying if I said my worries weren’t overshadowed by inspiration. There’s not much I can say to that, so I’ll just rip a quote from my first post here…Thanks for existing.

((ALSO sorry if the sappiness bugs anybody, but like I also said in my first post: When I do drama, I tend to take it overboard!))

-=-

EDIT:
You sure seem to get some nice dreams involving your characters, Melody. Honestly I’m feeling a little jealous right now too, seeing as the CALD-related dream I remember best involved Lairuna herding me and a crowd of people at gunpoint into a bathroom stall XD
Seriously though, congratulations on being so close with your characters. Here’s hoping that keeps up for a long time to come!

Thanks so much for your help Talon Arana :content: It really makes since now. I’m going to make my own characters and once I have one made pretty well I’ll tell you guys about him/her, and I don’t need help with anything else atm but thanks :smile:

Phi:
:slight_smile: I totally understand where you’re coming from, and it certainly can be a frightening thought to allow something… so integral, so important in our lives to slip away. But I promise that anything we really need, either stays put, or comes back as necessary. But it’s good you’re looking at it in a healthy way: you’re not just brushing it off.

Also, what you’ve said about us as a little community is both charming and re-assuring. Certainly, I’d hope that this little community of our will always be here to provide support and guidance to those who may need it.

In any case, what you’ve said certainly solidifies my commitment to CALD and it’s users C: Thanks for this.

Biodreamer: I’m so glad you’ve taken some good from this C: I’m very happy for you, and I wish you both all the luck in the world.
^^; Don’t thank me, you’ve done all the research yourself! I’m just glad you’ve gotten what you need from it! C:
Thanks for you update! C: Hoping to hear from you soon.

Happy lucids everyone!
~Tal

Wow hey guys. I never knew that this kind of thing existed to such an extent with other people. I have had “characters” for many years and never shared with anyone because I thought it was an oddity. :razz: My first was created a good 10 years ago (give or take). Though we don’t chat very much anymore he was a funny creation and interesting to talk to when I was younger. My second sort of created herself about two years ago. I was doodling and she kind of popped out so I gave her a name and re-enforced what she looked like. Since then she has changed quite a bit and has been developed into a good friend. We have recently been trying to use this to bring about lucidity but it hasn’t worked yet. She isn’t really the most patient person (used in the general sense, she isn’t actually human), heh not even close really, but she likes to double as a stronger version of my conscious and is actually very good at pointing me down the right direction when I need help from someone who isn’t being influenced by events around me.
However stupid or oxymoron this may sound to some of you, it is one of those odd things in my life that seem to work when you know it shouldn’t. I certainly don’t go to her for help as a substitute from talking/befriending/asking for help from real people (This is one of the reasons I never share this, 'cause I don’t want people to think that) because I know she was created from my own head, but you could say she carries much of the logical side of my thinking.

Yeah, getting carried away. XD But as Phi somewhat mentioned on the first page, it is nice to talk about this with other people in the same boat. (Or more likely in my case, a few boats down, but still close enough. :wink: )

Anyway, I am glad other people have created characters as well, it is a relief to hear and is motivational boost for me to be more devoted on trying CALDs!

P.S. Yeah, posting in a topic almost a month old, but heck, this topic should be more alive than it is. :tongue:

Talon Arana:
I’ve never thought that I would get to see him doing his other job in the
other realm or what they refer as the ‘Fantasy Realm’ lol so yep it’s kinda cool and I woke up feeling all sweet inside and that smile of his… sigh…I’m melting~ X3

Phi:
Thanks Phi~ lol that must dream of yours with Lairuna in it sounds interesting :content:

Xzontar:
Hehe I am in the same boat as you before I found this thread, I kept them to myself because I find it odd as well but now I’m happy that I’ve found a group of people with wonderful characters to talk to and a place where we don’t have to hide anything :content:

Xzontar: Thanks much for coming to chat C: It’s great to hear! And as I’m learning… it seems characters are a remarkably common thing. I’ll have to start asking around… But so far, about half of the people I know have had characters at one point or another, and a surprising amount still dedicate energy into their characters.

Hoping that you’ll have a great may enjoyable days to come with them, thanks so much for sharing! Also, many apologies for the late reply!

Melody: Sorry also for the late reply ^^; You’re definitely one of the luckier CALD users I know C: You get many swoon worthy moments! Remember that! ^^ C:

I am just interested who had success with this tech? Anyone got good results out of it?

Hey Phantasos C:

One of the people that stand out in my memory who had a good amount of success was TribeMaker (though I never see him around here anymore).
I personally have had a few dreams come out of CALD, though mostly I just DILD ^^;

I good number of people who want it usually have really interesting/vivid character sightings/ interactions.

As for good results? When it comes to dreams, I personally have had some of my most vivid lucids come from CALD-induction.
Otherwise, I have a more interesting life with developed characters and it sort of made me more aware of characters in media-- enough to appreciate the minute details (Ex. the recent Avatar movie has remarkable reality to it’s characters. It really remarkable at times.)

Hopefully more people can come around for replies a bit after the holiday season passes? I hope you had a good one.

Happy lucids! Happy holidays!
~Tal

Thanks for tip, I’ve read parts of previous CALD’s threads and it is quite interesting. I’ve sensed quite a potential in CALD because what can be better than a DC helping you to get lucid? The problem is that current CALD approach does not appeal to me due to its … how do I say this in English? nonLDgoalorientedness :smile:. I see benefits of the idea but current approach is not strictly LD-oriented. So the reply I may have will be about slightly another approach to character-creation as personally I am not really ready to invest too much time of WL into it.

Basicly, what I’ve decided to is to apply Servitor creation tech from Chaos Magic to CALD. I.e. what I want is DC which goal is to help me get lucid in dreams and to help me WILD at nights. We have signed a contract yesterday, although it seems she have started to act several days before.

Aah, thanks. And Happy New Year to you too.

Today I had two (pseudo)WILDs - not sure did I really woke up when tried to DEILD. Before that it was a dream where I was in class, and there were two Asian girls among students, which is the sign of servitor.

Here are some details. I’ve had this idea about DC who will be helping me with LDing for a some months, so when I read about servitor’s creation, I’ve knew most of information about her: she is an Asian girl, probably Japanese, about seventeen-eighteen years.

Next step was choose name. I’ve used divination (Tarot cards) to get information about issues when I was unsure, so in the end I’ve chosen name Yumi which is close to Japanese word yume (dream), and it is pretty :content:.

Then I’ve written contract where all conditions of our partnership were described as it is recommended for servitors’ creation. Main part was about what her duties are, and what and when she gets in return (“energy” when I get lucid and while I stay lucid).

When all the contract’s details, I’ve made a programming symbol, and performed a ritual similar to sigil charging.

But it must be said, as the idea was already boiling for a few months in my head, I’ve seen Yumi’s signes even prior to contract’s signing :smile:.

I’m on the same wavelength as Xzontar.
I had my own ‘characters’ that I created about 6 years ago, and began daydreaming about them. Over the years I developed many new characters, and just as I was going to sleep I would daydream scenarios of them. I have a character which isn’t actually me, but shapes my personality (IIRC this was mentioned earlier). I never told anyone about my characters because they’d think that I’m weird, but now I’m happy to share them because I know other people have created characters. Even today, I still enter the world I created (I named the world Eternos) and meet with my ‘characters’. It can be fun the vast majority of the time.

This sounds like an interesting way to have a lucid dream. It will be a great, new experience because I’ve never had a dream involving my characters, just a daydream. I’ll try it tonight :smile:

• Teraflare8866

Woohoo! This thread is alive with new people~! jumps about

Hello Phantasos and Tera !

Phantasos - Oo a contract? I don’t think I ever made a contract with my characters…I only explained to them their purposes of being created (Dream protection, LDs etc) and introduce them to the other family members XD It’s great you’re already seeing signs of Yumi! That’s a great start :happy: I bet you’ll be seeing her more often soon !

Teraflare8866 - Haha I felt the same way too but that’s why this thread is here right? For all of us people with characters who share our joy and tears. ^^
Yes, it’s definately fun! My characters and I like going sight-seeing and shopping XD

The most recent character-involved dream was with both Desmond and Thunzar (Desmond finally appears TwT) Thunzar was smiling at me… he was wearing a hooded black jacket and blue pants and when I look to my left, I saw Desmond walking down the runway (That model fashion show thingy) and crowds at both sides. I was overjoyed to see them but then the stupid alarm clock woke me up! T_T It’s great seeing Desmond doing his modelling job TwT
My characters and I created a “family crest” for ourselves, it’s a pretty simple design but well, we loved it! XD

In magick servitors are considered as entities, created from occultists unconscious part of the mind to fulfil his desires. It is well-developed tech within magick tradition, so I followed usual route. Contract is useful to understand which rights you are granting to servitor, what his/her task is, and what his/her incentives are.

By the way, were you able to get LDs from your characters?

Yes, I do. In fact, whenever I see my characters, I will become lucid unless they’re in a different form…but I usually wake up right after that. ~.~ I once became lucid upon hearing Desmond’s voice calming the panicky me in the middle of a nightmare telling me it’s only a dream and nothings going to hurt me…I’ll never forget that voice and experience.

The recent one with Desmond and Thunzar, I was at the verge of becoming lucid but the alarm woke me up before I even got the chance to talk to them T__T

I tried this method on Wednesday but had no success.
On Thursday I imagined my characters would make me lucid, and that night I had a lucid dream. At one point in the dream my characters appeared, but the dream didn’t last long unfortunately (I did catch out a false awakening but I lost lucidity partway through that). I’ll give it another shot tonight and remember to stabilise the dream.

Sometimes it can be hard to remember all of your characters if you have too many. Over the past years I’ve had around 15-20 characters but now I have about 7 characters (one of them being named Teraflare, hence my username). I’ll try harder again tonight.

I might plan a really awesome LD with my characters. That would be epic :grin:

Wow, this is remarkable! I’m a glad to see the three of you here C:

Phantasos: I completely understand the vibe you get from the current approach, We are somewhat lax in the actual achievement of lucidity I think. C: Funny enough, I’ve heard of something like your approach on this thread before! You’re certainly adding variety to this thread, and I’m happy you’re updating us C: Thanks! It would be lovely and interesting to continue hearing of your approach.

Teraflare8866: You know, a lot of people (as I’ve learned through this thread in the last 3 years) make characters, and feel embarrassed about sharing them because of social taboos. I’m just glad some find their way here. I’m slowly becoming aware how very common character creation is indeed… I wouldn’t doubt a good number of our friends are invested in characters as well! I wish you luck in your next attempts for lucidity, and thank you for your updates C: And: Epic dreams with characters are epic. Some of my most exciting ‘epic’ dreams were adventures with my characters!

Melody: Nice to see you again C: Sorry to hear of your waking-upness upon becoming lucid. Perhaps you’re getting too excited? Try to ground yourself next tim-- It helped me when I’d get too excited. (By ground I mean calm, or just command your dreams verbally)

I definitely will keep on trying - the end result will be spectacular. Even if I wake up during an epic character dream I will try to continue the dream by WILDing (which I really need to learn), or by trying another night.

So I tried this again last night, and had a lucid dream (two nights in a row). Instead, my friend came up to me and made me lucid (by saying weird things, and managed to realise it was odd). Unfortunately I had no characters in my dream but I did fly into space and I managed to launch a few planets into each other. It was fun :smile:

At one point I asked one of my friends about these characters, and it turns out he has some as wel!!

I’d like to thank you for a great LDing method; and I’m glad I’ve found some people who also have characters!

Hi, there. :smile: I don’t have characters but I have to say I don’t find it weird at all, I actually find you guys pretty cool! :grin:

Anyway, I’ve been having some good results with something I think could help you with CALD? First I’m practicing meditation which is awesome and can have great results for LD’ing! But more precisely, I’ve been meditating while listening to theta brainwaves.

Now here’s where I think this might be a good idea to try: I’ve been, while in meditation, gently trying to talk to my SC. I say simple things like “I really want to have a LD tonight” and then spend some time focussing on the FEELING of wanting an LD and getting lucid. The results have been great for me :happy: So, seeing as the SC would control the characters (right?) Perhaps you could ask, as I did, for your SC to get your characters in a dream and make you lucid. Or you could try to talk to them directly! And focus on the ‘feeling’ they give you. Happy feelings really help, so your SC/characters know LD’ing makes you feel really good! While in theta and meditating the SC is much more reachable :smile:

Anyway, good luck and sorry for the long post :tongue:

Terraflare8866: It’s great to hear of your results! C: Bets of luck on the WILDing, I love trying-- it’s just a crazy experience! I’m glad to hear that things seem to be going well, I hope your characters show up soon for some good fun C: If you’re comfortable with it, why not ask your friend if your could get your characters together for a roleplay? It’s loads of fun to have a RP-buddy, and tons more meaningful than just the occasional random person in a RP chatroom.

mattias: Thanks for dropping by! And the suggestions are great C: I love listening to the theta-wave stuff, and it always give me a more interesting time when attempting WILD when I use Theta wave music.
I like your idea about focussing on the feeling, CALD lacks structure when it comes to the ‘pre-bedtime’ conversation with characters, and perhaps talking about specific stuff like the intent to lucid dream, as well as the feeling of it(if one has already had a lucid) would be useful C: .
I appreciate that you don’t find us strange :stuck_out_tongue: You come off as rather nice as well ^^

Wishing you both happy lucids tonight!
~

Cool! I might do some roleplay. Sounds like fun :smile:

Theta brainwaves? Aren’t they the brainwaves that occurs when in REM Sleep (hence you can induce lucid dreams)? Because I think I have some somewhere, and this may help me with WILDing so I can have a lucid dream involving my characters. The biggest hurdle for me in WILDing is probably HH or SP, I’ve experienced both and they can be frightening (but cool at the same time).

Just remembered something - I’ve been up for about 20 minutes so I think I could try WBTB conjunctioned with WILD. Hopefully this will produce an awesome LD with my characters.

This is a split topic, the next part is Character Assisted Lucid Dreaming…CALD part VI :dragon: