Green
Fourth Chakra: heart

Blue
Fifth Chakra: throat

Indigo
Sixth Chakra: lower part of the forehead

Violet
Seventh Chakra: top of the head

I know a few people who use colored fabric pillows and stare at them before they sleep. This one girl I know uses blue lenses and blue candlelights for her Throat Chakra. I was wandering if anyone else here has been involved with colour therapy. Green seems to work active for my Heart Chakra (4th) as far as I’ve experimented with.

We have already a chakra test topic. It’s quite interesting to take it, but that doesn’t really have to do with your therapy.

I have never experimented with colour therapy. Actually I never heard of it before. What do you exactly do when you’re doing this?

Yea, I took the Chakra Test long time ago.

I’ve done some more research and asked my friend about it. She said that when your meditating and focusing on improving your inner Chakra, either visualize a color with eyes closed. Or meditating with eyes open, have a color as colorful as it is and stare deep into it like as if you become the color. She has a yellow pillow and an indigo wallpaper to help aid her. She says colorful shades help the best the best and candles work well to set the mood.

I asked her if I could visualize all the colors at once during meditation. She doesn’t think so, but she’s going to consult with her mentor about it. After researching, I found a couple old articles on how some tribes looked at two colors at once. I might go get this Chromotherapy book at the Library soon. It’s starting to interest me very much of how it affects the chakra.

I had a red poster in my room. I might stare at that for 15 minutes in meditation. We’ll see what happens.

I just found out the notes for each chakra :happy:
root - c
sacral - d
solar plexus - e
heart - f
throat - g
third eye - a
crown - b

I also found that crystals are supposed to correspond with the same colours of the chakra’s (which makes it a lot easier when buying crystals), so red jasper for root, green calcite for heart, blue agate for throat, etc.

there are also different types of essence’s you can use which are also colour-coded for each chakra (such as blue candles & blue insence sticks would work for the throat chakra).

Most good reiki practioners will use glassware to produce the correct sounds for each chakra, have the correct coloured crystal on each chakra, and use a combination of essences. They also use their hands (and also their body to channel healing energy into their hands) to heal the energetic body.

have any of you succesfully opened chakras?

i’ve been thinking about color for a long time.

i have used chakra mantras and tones and notes and there is certainly some discernable affect.

the best i had was when a massuese performed reiki on my solar plexus though!

i’ve opened all my chakra’s but i had to get into the whole channeling scene to do it, which i wouldn’t recommend.