Dissapointed, No Lucid Dreams yet :(

I agree that dream recall is very important to LD ing. However ( in my experience) I find it hard to believe that you can forget a LD. I retain a very clear memory of even “low level” LD’s. I suppose it is possible for someone to forget a lucid dream. I just don’t think it has ever happened to me. ( but there is no way to know for sure)

I know for a fact that I’ve forgotton LDs before. I’ll wake in the morning with a vague memory of a lucid moment. And by the time I can grab my journal it’s gone. This happens at least twice a week. So I assume I have LDs quite often. I just forget the damn things. The LDs I do remember I recall in very vivid detail though. Just like a conscious memory.

I agree with milod on how counting makes WILD harder. The furthest Ive got while WILDing was when I just focused on my body in the bed.

Some of the best things I found to focus on with WILD as you go to sleep:

=> If you can visualize a simple object in you mind keep your attention on that.
=> Visualize a white dot in the center of your for fore head. Even if you can not see the dot just keep your attention to that area.
=> Watch HI but don’t get to involved with them.
=> Create a falling or spinning sensation ( suggested by Dm7 )

Anyway these are just some suggestions that work for me. Everyone is different. The key is that you need to focus on something small and let go of everything else and just let things happen. Counting , doing math etc requires to much conscious thought, at least for me. I also like to draw my attention away from my real body so I can more easily let go of the real world and crossover to the dream. That is why I did not mention paying attention to breathing, one body tech etc. I am sure that they work for some people just not for me.

Check out the Big WILD Topic for more info.

i had a great lucid dream in august last year just 3 days after i heard about and started trying LD. now it’s may and i can only vouch for 2, 2 second long lucid experiences since then. i gave up for a while, but i just started my journal again and it’s going well, dream recall is satisfying. but good luck madhatter, that first lucid dream is right around the corner. and lemme be the first to say it’s well worth it and quite a doozy.