Does Anyone Play The Guitar?

I got my first guitar at 16 and for the next four years played it quite a lot but didn’t go much further than memorising chords on the first three frets. I find keyboards a bit easier as I started playing them at age 10.

Jonny Greenwood (Radiohead)

My favorite guitarist would have to be Eddy Van Halen. It’s always been my dream to play Eruption, and I have some of it down.

I like Kurt Cobain also, his stuff is rather simple, but can always carry a good tune.

Jimmy Page is another of my favorites, Stairway to Heaven is a real masterpiece, and a very fun song to play.

And finally, Angus Young…the guy is a maniac. My favorite song of his to play would have to be Rock and Roll Ain’t Noise Pollution. Thunderstruck is cool to play for other people.

I’ve been playin’ for a little while myself, and have picked it up rather quick. It’s pretty much all I do in my free time.

Anyone have any experience with recording guitar audio into computer? I think line 6 has hardware for this? Not sure if the pod products they make support that sort of thing or not. Or any experience with just recording guitar audio using a mic near the amp then patching it up a bit in soundforge.

I’m ultimately aiming on combining metal riffs with my electronic beats though the quality of guitar recording would have to be high.

If you’re recording into the computer, I wouldn’t use a microphone, unless you play an acoustic and have no choice.
What I do is run my patch chord out of the ‘out’ jack on my special effects pedal, and into an adapter which allows the cable to go into my ‘line in’ jack on the back of my computer. Then I just enable ‘line in’ recording and I can record all I want :smile:
Using this way you get much better sound quality.

I play bass, but i don’t have a bass guitar…

I play bass to. And guitar. But I’m not very good at it.

Hey …i’ve been playing guitar for about 3 half years and it wasnt until the start of last year i discovered a guitar magazine called Total Guitar…Its a UK guitar mag but its transported to Australia…im not sure about anywhere else but its an extremely good magazine…

Also if you want good exercises for guitar which will show there improvements earlier on rather than learning songs…
its easy …i just give you an idea of the exercises on here

E1-2-3-4 A1-2-3-4 D1-2-3-4 G1-2-3-4 B1-2-3-4 e1-2-3-4 on each string and then go back so e2-3-4-5 B2-3-4-5 G2-3-4-5 D2-3-4-5 and so on use up down strokes with a plectrum then do combination stuff like 1-2-3-4 2-3-4-1 3-4-2-1 4-1-2-3 1-2-3-4 2-3-4-1

do this over and over again until you can go fast…

thats about as good as you can get it for a good exercise

also do the 1-2-3-4 with hammer ons and pull offs

NOTE: 1-2-3-4 means the fret number played

I’m sorry if this doesnt make sense but i dont know how to explain it well…i think this website would

www.ultimate_guitar.com

Picked up a guitar 2 years ago after taking a 4 year break from music. I love it, there is so much more possibility and interest with a guitar than other instruments I had played previously, and its just more fun to play. I picked it up after hearing Randy Rhoads shred out “Paranoid” (From Tribute).

If you dont know who Randy Rhoads is, go do yourself a favor and find out.

I also got here from finding out about Lucid Dreaming on
www.angelo.com -Another absolutely amazing guitarist, if sometimes abusive of his technical prowess.