Dream recall problems when practising a method

splitted from the BIG How to choose your technique topic

well i have tried the MILD and WILD techle to recall any sort of dreams’s with no real progresion in DR.
It seems that since trying these methods i am unable to recall any of my dreams(normal or lucid). Therefore I am not able
to enter any sort of entry in to a journal. I noticed that when i was not paying any atention to my dreams is when i was able to look back upon them,
I have not tryed the WBTB method yet, but i shall at some time soon. I also tried some ambient tones which are suppose induce lucidity, but to no avail. not a thing.
any suggestions or comments of help would be of great use.

cyph

Hi cyphing_laughter,

It seems it’s a very recent problem on the forum. During the two last years, I never saw people having DR problems when they began to practice an induction method before. I suppose it’s due to many recent posts about this subject, which create a sort of negative emulation.

Did you manage to have a good dream recall before you begin to practise induction methods?

I’m not sure I understand this sentence. :shy: MILD and WILD are not dream recall techniques… :eh:

Hmm, it really depends on if you had good dream recall before you started doing MILD and WILD, but I think that if the techs are making your DR worse, you shouldn’t do them. I never do MILD or WILD to improve my DR (they’re not meant for dream recall, they’re meant to induce lucid dreams).

The thing that works the best for me is to just focus on the first thing I think/feel in the morning, as soon as I wake up. Even if I wake up not remembering my dreams, I always try to find “keywords” or “keyfeelings”… you know, just try thinking of some random words and see if they feel familiar. If you get one word, it might open up your memory and you might suddenly remember the rest of your dream.
The trick is not to think about it too much. If you start thinking about it obsessively, you’ll forget even more. Just let it come to you.

You can also check out this topic (if you haven’t already), the big remembering dreams topic https://community.ld4all.com/t/the-big-remembering-dreams-topic-part-iii/13843

Dream on. // Olesia

My suggestion is: Stop with WILD and MILD and work on your recall. When it’s good, try them again.

My first tries with both did have a negative result on my recall, but after a while it’s all back to normal.,

I agree with Rodrigo. That’s what I did when it happened to me. I’m not sure it’s due to practising methods, as I said above. It may just be a “dryspell”.